• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

MechDX

lol if the refs are going to call the broncos for illegal picks during the REGULAR season the broncos will go 0-16

Angry-Peyton-Manning-Stare.gif
\

I think the Surface is a great piece of kit. Especially the full fledged version. I just would have like to see it get kicked instead of a flimsy notebook.

Ok BFF status back again, Squeeeeee! Actually I hate my Surface but it was a gift from the wife so I play along

Michael Tanier @MikeTanier
After 2 full preseason weeks last year, there were just 5 illegal contact flags called.
With 3 games to go, there have been 49.

Michael Tanier @MikeTanier
After 2 full preseason weeks last year, there were 20 defensive holds called.
This year, with 3 games to go, there have been 100.

hmm

effzee

I heard one caller on wip this week suggest it but the hosts laughed him off the air. In no way is that a real opinion. Everyone knows that Sanchize is complete trash and the preseason for him is just a mirage.

I don't think he is complete trash. It's not shocking that with an actual head coach and not a glorified defensive coordinator he looks decent. That with an actual offensive system, weapons, and coaching he makes me feel better as our backup. Still would have favored keeping Vick but I've always held the opinion that while Sanchez isn't great, he was never as bad as he looked with the Jets.

That said I don't know why anyone would ever want him to start over Foles. Offense has looked good, it the D that looks just as bad as it does in regular season form.

I think all season I'm going to keep wondering how the defense could have been improved if they only signed Byrd and weren't forced to draft a WR.

Crazy to think Tebows probably better depth than Gabbert and Johnson.

Tebow has been screwed over by his own celebrity. No one thinks the national media circus that follows him is worth it. Especially not for a back-up. It gets even worse if the starter manages to struggle and everyone starts calling for Tebow to take over.

Could you imagine Tebow backing up Kaep? The first time Kaep locks onto Vernon Davis and telegraphs a pick that costs them a game, shit would get real.

Ain't no teams got time for dat. They'd rather peddle out these no-talent bummy clowns.

Can we... Can we get Tim on the phone?

its too late now. people on webzone talking about picking up a backup QB elsewhere.... unfortunately this isn't madden plug-and-play. with no knowledge of the playbook, no practicing with our team.... it would be bad. of course, how could it be much worse than what we have?

They got these cats outchea shilling hard for this stadium.

"The QB can read the coverage downfield by looking at the giant ass new video boards!"

son-300x224.jpg

Can't knock the hustle tho, Niners gotta sell those tickets.

Godslay

Banned
Could you imagine Tebow backing up Kaep?

Tebow has been screwed over by his own celebrity. No one thinks the national media circus that follows him is worth it. Especially not for a back-up. It gets even worse if the starter manages to struggle and everyone starts calling for Tebow to take over.

The first time Kaep locks onto Vernon Davis and telegraphs a pick that costs them a game, shit would get real.

Ain't no teams got time for dat. They'd rather peddle out these no-talent bummy clowns.

I lived through the circus.

There is a big difference between Orton and Kap. SF fans know Kap is the future, and Tebow would just be good insurance in case the worst happens.

You have to understand that there were a few things going down with Tebow. First being everyone was sick of Orton because he is mediocre, and he was a product of McDaniels. The second was we spent the high pick on Tebow, so everyone wanted to see what he had. Third being we were a terrible team at the time. Add all these together and you get Tebowmania.

It wouldn't happen in SF, simply because Harbs wouldn't let it get to that point. They are a good team, with a good QB, and people know he's the future. Tebow would certainly be a more competent backup than anyone I saw today.

I don't think he is complete trash. It's not shocking that with an actual head coach and not a glorified defensive coordinator he looks decent. That with an actual offensive system, weapons, and coaching he makes me feel better as our backup. Still would have favored keeping Vick but I've always held the opinion that while Sanchez isn't great, he was never as bad as he looked with the Jets.

That said I don't know why anyone would ever want him to start over Foles. Offense has looked good, it the D that looks just as bad as it does in regular season form.

I think all season I'm going to keep wondering how the defense could have been improved if they only signed Byrd and weren't forced to draft a WR.

The defense has been terrible but the starters on offense have only scored 7 points and that was off of a punt block and a short field. I hope Davis plays Curry and Graham this year, both guys have looked great rushing the passer, while Cole and Cox have been totally invisible this preseason.

its too late now. people on webzone talking about picking up a backup QB elsewhere.... unfortunately this isn't madden plug-and-play. with no knowledge of the playbook, no practicing with our team.... it would be bad. of course, how could it be much worse than what we have?

Yea at this point I'm not sure if gabbert or Johnson know anything about the playbook either

cdyhybrid

We'll trade you BJD for Patrick Willis.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

We'll trade you Tolzien for a first round pick.

Drakeon

Let's be fair, I don't care what knowledge of the playbook either has, we will lose any game that Gabbert or Johnson has to play more than a few snaps. If Kap is injured, neither of them can be counted on to finish out a game.

But being realistic here, I doubt we make any moves for a backup QB. Should go sign an undrafted guy, at least they could have upside.

harbs trying to sabotage McBLT by not giving him the TD he earned. you call a bootleg and you can walk into the endzone! fuck off harbs you can't hold him back for long

Top Bottom