• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...xansCamp/996681f1-0a30-488c-8f17-d8f7da46b69c

14. The last drill in practice was a simulation of a 3rd and 8 play from the eight yard line with eight seconds left in the first half. One play for a TD OR one play and kick the field goal. Ryan Mallett hit DeAndre Hopkins for the touchdown in the right corner of the end zone. On the next play, Brian Hoyer couldn’t find anyone open so he threw it at the three Hard Knocks cameras just in front of us. I’m not saying he did it on purpose but they’ll get a beautiful football in 3-D shot for Tuesday’s show.

HOHoyer. indeed

squicken

Not a super-promising day from Justin Gilbert. Sounds like the bills worked over the Browns, in general

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=48421

Another tough day for Gilbert: Even though the Browns added veteran Aaron Ross to the cornerback rotation, the glut of injuries exposed struggling Justin Gilbert to extra reps. Now, the 1-on-1 drills pitting receiver v. cornerback always put the defensive player at an extreme disadvantage. Gilbert didn’t make one defensive stop. In fact, few of the Browns’ DBs got a hand on a ball as Buffalo QBs basically played pitch and catch. (The Browns’ offense struggled on the other field in the same drill.) The matchup between the principals of the 2014 draft-day trade – Buffalo receiver Sammy Watkins and Gilbert – only happened one time, as Watkins beat Gilbert with a stutter step on a hook route, before Watkins took himself out with what Ryan described as “tightness in his glute.”

After that, Buffalo’s Andre Davis, an undrafted receiver from South Florida, scorched Gilbert three times – twice on long sideline routes. Davis’ teammates cackled, “All day, baby” after the third one.

On the flip side, the Browns’ offense struggled on the turf field against Buffalo’s defense. Terrelle Pryor dropped two passes, quarterback Josh McCown was 4 of 15 at one point in 1-on-1s with his receivers and then got his left ankle tangled up in team drills. There was a painful sequence of two botched shotgun snaps sandwiched around a false start.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-houston-texans-1724117994

One of the two best players we ever had just left for the division rival that’s kicked our ass for our entire existence.

I have been to one NFL game in my life, a Texans game in which Houston needed two defensive pass interference calls in the red zone in the last minute of play to beat the Jaguars. After the thrilling victory David Carr (!) came over and stood in front of the section my friend and I were in (we had really good seats, about 4 rows up) and started celebrating and giving high fives to fans. Everyone was going nuts, celebrating like we had all just witnessed a Super Bowl victory. My friend and I were absolutely going crazy, cheering and generally feeling real joy.

When I got home, still pumped from the game and the interaction with Carr, I couldn’t wait to tell my girlfriend about the game. After I spill my story about the amazing time we had, she immediately says “Wait, aren’t the Jags like the worst team in the entire league? And the Texans barely won cause of penalties? You’re this excited about that?”

It was this exact moment that I realized the Texans are at the head of the Kiddie Table in the NFL. Not much has changed in the past decade.

Last year we entered the season with a shitty Fitzpatrick and an unproven Mallett at QB. This year we’ve upgraded to a shitty Hoyer and a fragile Mallett. I literally came in my pants at the thought of old ass Peyton signing for a year.

We still don’t know who will lead at QB. We had 13 years to find a QB and Schaub is so far the best QB we have ever had. We drafted Tom Savage last year for QB just so Rick Smith can say, “Look, it’s a QB “, but now we went out and brought in Brian Hoyer for next season? No wonder Andre Johnson wanted out.

This year our QB will either be a guy Belichick didn’t want or a guy the Browns didn’t want.

Every second JJ Watt spends on this team is a waste of everyone’s time.

Forcing JJ Watt to play with the rest of the Texans roster is like taking a filet mignon, soaking it in Bud Light Lime, microwaving it for an hour, and then feeding it to pigeons.

Many of our fans still think we should have drafted Johnny Manziel.

:siren 49ers edition tomorrow :siren

Line_HTX

20150817_texanstrainingcamp_btc_26.jpg

Training dummy shade.

20150817_texanstrainingcamp_btc_39.jpg

Brian Cushing with big ball.

20150817_texanstrainingcamp_btc_23.jpg

Welcome back, Jadeveon. Look at that fierce reflection from the helmet.

MechDX

While we were away:

#Browns G Ryan Seymour is suspended 4 games for a PED violation. Says he did not “knowingly” take a banned substance, will be more careful

Sorry BG

rando14

Dutch you running the Shirtless league this year or what man!!

P.S. How bad does andre ellington stink if the Cards needed to bring in Chris johnson lol....

Finished watching ep 6 of Mr Robot....
giphy.gif

Watch this show.
Not spoilers
this that shit that make you're soul burn!
For Kave, again not spoilers
watch this, and tell me your soul don't burn! GoT level of burn

Sanjuro

Just saw Straight Outta Compton. Ended up being sat next to these white teenage girls. They squeeeee'd at the dumbest moments possible, made me think of Cajun.

"OMGGGGG Snoop Dogg"

jakncoke

Banned
Just saw Straight Outta Compton. Ended up being sat next to these white teenage girls. They squeeeee'd at the dumbest moments possible, made me think of Cajun.

"OMGGGGG Snoop Dogg"

Lets be honest you were hoping they were 18 so you could finger bang them during the movie the sex them over pizza boxes at your place after

jbug617

Banned
Rams trying to beat the Chargers and Raiders to the punch?

@jthom1: Inglewood Mayor Dave Butts attending Rams practice today, says stadium construction can began there in 118 days, or mid December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom