• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yes. It's the same thread, forced upon us by the 20k post rule.

New stuff:

Catch all fantasy football topic

DK's Bradford injury pool

Let's do some season previews! Here are the what to watch for's and I'll also link any season previews in here.

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers - Bowser
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos - Godslay
Detroit Lions - PhoenixDark, WedgeX
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins - Himynameischris
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants - BigAT
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers - chuckddd
Saint Louis Rams - Banana Aeon
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks - unknownstranger
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins - mr2xxx

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

iWHpoB6.png

Another glorious NFL season dawns full of hopes and dreams. It begins, as always, with the Hall of Fame enshrinement. Let's meet this year's inductees.

NHh0Opj.png

Junior Seau, Charles Haley, Tim Brown, Ron Wolf, Mick Tinglehoff, Bill Polian, Jerome Bettis and Will Shields.

Those aforementioned hopes and dreams are, more than ever, dependent upon having a great quarterback. Franchise qb's are the rarest commodity on earth. You wish you had one, heck, you might think you have one, but the truth is, he probably falls into one (or more) of these categories:

Old. Fragile. Dumbass. Choker. Just plain sucks.

ZVE7eqm.png

What if we had a chance? An opportunity? A secret lab to produce the greatest quarterback who ever lived? What qualities would we embue to this super human.

Super model hair of Tom Brady. Cannon arm of Alex Smith. Legitimate championships of Ben Roethlisberger. Nimble feet of Eli Manning. Abstinence of Russell Wilson.

Xs05Kyd.png

We don't need to make him, he already lives!

s0OLENd.png

Preseason Schedule

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/PRE0

What to Watch For

For the last few years we have done write ups for most of the teams quickly detailing the storylines for camp/preseason. Feel free to write one!

The idea is to give others an idea of what they can pay attention to while watching preseason games, especially after the starters go out. Where should people focus their attention?

We might also do regular season previews, so save some material!

I will link them here (now up top!).

Legal Gambling

Pick 'em league - $20 in Taco Bell, courtesy of chris.trejo. rip
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

ID#: 1299
PW: neogaf

With confidence points :
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Group: 7490

Survivor: (this link is not the same as the other two)
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

Group ID# 3890

vXdKLhg.jpg

Line_HTX

Bill O'Brien made the right choice in the starting QB.

I believe in Hoyer. I believe in BOB.

Chuckddd has no tastes.

The 2014 Philadelphia Eagles were the greatest football team of all time.

I remember when they complete shut down the Seahawks running game to the tune of 180 yards.

And that was almost a 25% reduction on your season average. And Lynch was held to 3.7 yards/attempt. And it was 188 yards with 13 more rushing attempts in the game than their season average. I'd say that's handling the Seahawks run pretty well all things considered.

Posted for the new thread, so you can't conveniently ignore it.

They held the Packers to only 53 points! Truly dominating.

I know football is confusing, so I can see why you don't know the difference between pass defense and rush defense.

Here's a rundown of the last five years in Falcons history for your first post.

2010 season: "We're awesome again!"
2010 playoffs: "Oh."
2011 season: "We aren't as good as last year, but we still have a shot!"
2011 playoffs: "Oh."
2012 season: "We are the most awesome we have ever been."
2012 NFC Championship game: "Oh."
2013 season to present: *drinks heavily*

And that was almost a 25% reduction on your season average. And Lynch was held to 3.7 yards/attempt. And it was 188 yards with 13 more rushing attempts in the game than their season average. I'd say that's handling the Seahawks run pretty well all things considered.

Thank God they were able to knock them off their pedestal. Heaven forbid they get that extra 25% on you.

Mindlog

Watch the Dynasty in Progress Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice live on Periscope!
This is the year. After a decade of....
I can't do this shit anymore. This season is going to suck.

cdyhybrid

I know football is confusing, so I can see why you don't know the difference between pass defense and rush defense.

If you went to every OC in the league and offered them 188 yards and 4.1 YPC on average, every single one would take it.

Eddie Lacy averaged 6.9 yards per carry.

It was just about the worst defensive planning I've ever seen in that game. That doesn't change the fact that season on a whole the Eagles front 7 was good, and did handle the run game very well generally. People just seem to not want to admit that fact.

If you went to every OC in the league and offered them 188 yards and 4.1 YPC on average, every single one would take it.

Ok, well offer it to Pete Carroll when he knows his team is generally capable of 25% more than that and see if he's happy about it.

Talon

No offensive coordinator in history has been disappointed with >150 yards rushing.

eznark

Banned
It was just about the worst defensive planning I've ever seen in that game. That doesn't change the fact that season on a whole the Eagles front 7 was good, and did handle the run game very well generally. People just seem to not want to admit that fact.

I'm not sure if I am more impressed with the Eagles front 7 or your ability to so rapidly move the goal posts.

No offensive coordinator in history has been disappointed with >150 yards rushing.

Yards per attempt is a more important stat than total yards, especially against a team which does not prioritize time of possession. Things like this are reason the Eagles front seven nicknamed themselves "the nobodies" because they quietly had one of the best seasons of any front seven in the league, and only people who bothered to pay attention probably realize it.

I'm not sure if I am more impressed with the Eagles front 7 or your ability to so rapidly move the goal posts.

How did I move goal posts? I said the Eagles had a dominant front seven and handled the Seahawks run game, both things are true and I have not moved from that position.

Did I say the Eagles handled the Packers run game? Did I say the secondary was competent? Did a single poor performance against the Packers somehow invalidate everything else that front seven did all season?

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-baltimore-ravens-1726937950

Natty Boh is a shit beer and Baltimore’s obsession with this piss water is fascinating.
Between the Ravens organization, the NFL front office, and the fan base...Ray Rice came away as the least reprehensible.
I had the nerve last year to applaud the Ravens for cutting Ray Rice on my Favebook status. Half of my “friends” admonished that I couldn’t be a “real” Ravens fan for calling for Rice’s termination. People still wear his jersey and argue Janay hit him first. In 2015.
Ray Rice is still the second highest paid player on our team.
The former mayor stole giftcards from poor kids, at Christmastime, gave them to her boyfriend, got caught, was found guilty by a jury, and resigned. She just announced that she is going to run for mayor again. She will probably win. FML for ever moving here.

squicken

Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane
Matt Barkley told reporters that he's starting Thurs. against the Jets. So no Mark Sanchez. Tim Tebow should get 2d half. #Eagles

Probably the last time Timmy takes NFL snaps

cdyhybrid

It was just about the worst offensive planning I've ever seen in that game. That doesn't change the fact that season on a whole the Eagles front 7 was good, and did handle the run game very well generally. People just seem to not want to admit that fact.

Ok, well offer it to Pete Carroll when he knows his team is generally capable of 25% more than that and see if he's happy about it.

Considering it was enough to win the game, I'm guessing he'd be pretty happy with it. He also described Marshawn's performance as "running like a wild man" after the game. Just because we were able to pile up even more yards against trash can teams like the Cards doesn't mean it wasn't a good performance.

Besides, the argument was that the front 7 was #1 in the NFL, not that they were just good.

Considering it was enough to win the game, I'm guessing he'd be pretty happy with it. He also described Marshawn's performance as "running like a wild man" after the game. Just because we were able to pile up even more yards against trash can teams like the Cards doesn't mean it wasn't a good performance.

Besides, the argument was that the front 7 was #1 in the NFL, not that they were just good.

I never said they were #1 in the NFL. I just stated that they were very good. It was gutshot or someone else that said they were number one. The only reason I said anything is because people were acting like they were one of the worst, instead of one of the best, which is completely out of touch with reality.

gutshot

Considering it was enough to win the game, I'm guessing he'd be pretty happy with it. He also described Marshawn's performance as "running like a wild man" after the game.

I said they were good last year, which they were. The stats support this as does the eye test. One or two bad games does not invalidate this statement.

I also said I would take them over any other front 7 right now, given their age and continued development; which is my opinion but one that I feel is not unreasonable.

I really don't understand what is so controversial about being excited for a front 7 that was top-5 last season and has an average age of 25.

cdyhybrid

I never said they were #1 in the NFL. I just stated that they were very good. It was gutshot or someone else that said they were number one. The only reason I said anything is because people were acting like they were one of the worst, instead of one of the best, which is completely out of touch with reality.

I said they were good last year, which they were. The stats support this as does the eye test. One or two bad games does not invalidate this.

I also said I would take them over any other front 7 right now, given their age and continued development; which is my opinion but one that I feel is not unreasonable.

I really don't understand what is so controversial about being excited for a front 7 that was top-5 last season and has an average age of 25.

Yankeehater said they were #1 in the NFL. That's why this entire conversation started. Get your people.

gutshot

Yankeehater said they were #1 in the NFL. That's why this entire conversation started. Get your people.

I initiated the front 7 discussion. YH was just backing me up when FMT insinuated that the only reason I liked the Eagles front 7 was because I was a homer.

I don't necessarily agree with Yankee that the Eagles had the best front 7 in football last season. But they weren't that far off. You guys are out here acting like Yankee said the Eagles had the best secondary in football.

Can you really trust Bradford to make it through the season? Serious question.

Even though it somehow never got recorded in the Bradford injury pool I think he lasts the season yeah. I think he'll get the ball away faster than Foles or Sanchez and get hit somewhat less, although I am basing that on basically nothing. But it doesn't much matter if he doesn't in terms of keeping Barkley or Tebow. If Bradford and Sanchez go down you can put pretty any random dude off the street in and it will make no difference as to where their season is going at that point.

squicken

Can you really trust Bradford to make it through the season? Serious question.

I would keep Barkley. He could never start and win a game, but if he had to finish a game I think he is better than a JAG. I don't trust Bradford to finish every game, but at the same time I have no doubt that Philly's sports science stuff is miles ahead of STL's

Top Bottom