• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

cdyhybrid

So does Jay Gruden get fired Week 10 or at the end of the season?

Edit: Kevin Norwood released. Sad, I thought he had potential, but just too much competition there.

eznark

Banned
So does Jay Gruden get fired Week 10 or at the end of the season?

Edit: Kevin Norwood released. Sad, I thought he had potential, but just too much competition there.

It'll be interesting to see what he can do now that he can actually pay attention to the team they are paying against next week and stop game planning against his owner.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Fred Jackson in his prime was a pleasure to watch, a complete back in every sense of the word. Rare vision, he got yards even when he shouldn't have. I wish someone would have given him a shot much earlier in his life, what could have been.

I'll never forget the game against the Pats in 25-40mph winds. Our OL was beat the fuck up, end of the year, we had complete bums in there. Seymour, Wilfork, up front for the Pats, and Fred just gashed them all fucking day. He brutalized that front for 150+ yards that day if memory serves. They lost because Jauron tried to kick a FG in ridiculous conditions, they also sucked, but Fred was the best player on that field that day. Everyone knew he was getting the rock, no one could stop him. I'm telling you, there were no huge creases for Fred that day, but he got the job done.

What a player, and he seems like a real good guy too. Hard to tell these days, but he seemed like a great human. Wish him the best.

Thank you for that reasonable, level-headed reaction. It's fans like you that make the Buffalo Bills one of the best fandoms in professional sports.

Now, for an alternative take.

Fuck whoever made the call to release him. Sure, he's actually older than the head coach, but he's also the only back to have produced whatsoever this preseason. He's also been the heart and soul of the team through some its roughest years. He took 2 hometown discount deals when Belichick would have loved to have him. He literally carried this team through thick and thin and now that we're in sniffing range of a playoff birth, the team fucking dumps him a week old dog carcass. We kept Matt fucking Simms, who is a solid #4 on a QB depth chart. But we couldn't bring Fred along for our trip to the playoffs this year. It's fucking bullshit and whoever cut him deserves to be summarily sacked and fed to the New York Jets.

Tom Penny

Thank you for that reasonable, level-headed reaction. It's fans like you that make the Buffalo Bills one of the best fandoms in professional sports.

Now, for an alternative take.

Fuck whoever made the call to release him. Sure, he's actually older than the head coach, but he's also the only back to have produced whatsoever this preseason. He's also been the heart and soul of the team through some its roughest years. He took 2 hometown discount deals when Belichick would have loved to have him. He literally carried this team through thick and thin and now that we're in sniffing range of a playoff birth, the team fucking dumps him a week old dog carcass. We kept Matt fucking Simms, who is a solid #4 on a QB depth chart. But we couldn't bring Fred along for our trip to the playoffs this year. It's fucking bullshit and whoever cut him deserves to be summarily sacked and fed to the New York Jets.
The Patriots will take care of him and get him the playoff berth he deserves.

8D3cNXS.png

IT'S TIME FOR THE SEX CANNON

eznark

Banned
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...-candidate-for-a-big-dropoff-matthew-stafford

if you look under the surface you'll see a fringe playoff contender with a 9-7 pythagorean record that basically lucked their way into looking like one of the NFL's elite. While the defense was extremely good, the offense was secretly one of the NFL's worst, and if they take a step back on defense with the losses of Suh and Fairley, they may quickly find themselves on the wrong side of .500.

A lot of people predict "surprise teams" that will jump up and unexpectedly make the playoffs, but I suspect at least for this season, the Lions are a good candidate so see 3+ wins fall off of their 2014 total.

In some corners of the internet you will still see the Lions offense referred to as "dynamic" or "explosive". Here's a chart of the points scored by NFC North teams last season:

Packers - 486
Vikings - 325
Lions - 321
Bears - 319

Yes, if the Bears had managed to kick one more field goal the Lions would have had the worst offense in the division. There are some good, obvious reasons for this, starting with the fact that Calvin Johnson was either playing injured or missing games for a generous chunk of the season, but that only tells you a little of the story. The bigger story with the Lion offense is all about Joe Lombardi's quixotic quest to turn Matthew Stafford into an accurate short passer. Lombardi had the luxury of working with Drew Brees for most of his career and believes in having his quarterback get the ball out quickly on a regular basis. When someone possesses the all-world accuracy of Brees this is a fantastic idea; however, Matthew Stafford has a completely different set of tools, and this is a fool's game.

I actually think the Lions' front office deserves a lot of credit. They seem adept at identifying weaknesses (like Raiola and Bell) and finding upgrades (like Travis Swanson and Abdullah). Landing Golden Tate allowed them to survive more frequent Megatron health issues and eventually will help to move them towards a more balanced offense as Johnson ages. Abdullah and a slightly better offensive line will also help this transition along.

When you boil it all down, this is a team that wasn't as good as most people think, who lost some key players, whose best player is starting feel the bumps and bruises that come when you turn 30, and whose defense may no longer be able to support the more conservative offense favored by Caldwell and Lombardi. I think they'll be roughly .500 this season and maybe slightly under, but I am not as down on them as I was before I took a closer look. Another playoff appearance wouldn't shock me.

OP please:

Don't forget this for the OP:

Sam Bradford Injury Pool!

Sorry losers Registration is closed!

Preseason

MechDX, jakncoke - Week 1
Respect, eznark, Wynnebeck - Week 3 (CLOSED)
Tamanon, Nakazato - Week 4

Regular Season

Grexeno - Week 1
DeaconKnowledge, FrenchMovieTheme, Eleuin - Week 2 (CLOSED)
ciaossu, Striker, Fox318 - Week 3 (CLOSED)
captive, BigAT, bigosc2k - Week 4 (CLOSED)
Himynameischris, Bread, HarryDemeanor - Week 5 (CLOSED)
wienke, Syrinx, ActStriker - Week 6 (CLOSED)
Bowser, Futurevoid, 8 X 11 Printer Paper - Week 7 (CLOSED)
Limited Edition, sf2fanatic, WanderingWind - Week 8 (Bye) (CLOSED)
Sanjuro, Grover Cleveland, NihonTiger90 - Week 9 (CLOSED)
Line_HTX - Week 10
Sweeney Tom - Week 12
chuckddd - Week 13
Malalaw - Week 16
Kave_Man, Alligatorjandro - Week 17

Playoffs

BaltimoreLarry - Week 1
Narag - Super Bowl 50

bionic77

Steelers defense is going to be a leader in blown coverages leading to a lot of wide open bombs for TDs and big gains.

I hope we can generate enough presume to offset some of those issues in the secondary. Our LBs should be solid so hopefully we can actually be good at run defense again.

The last 2 seasons the biggest challenge facing an offensive coordinator facing the Steelers was which play to big, because literally all of them worked extremely well. You could run 10 times in a row and get the easy TD. You could dink us to death. You could run screens or throw bombs. It is my hope that the offense can hold things together and truly start cooking going into October when the gang is all back together and the defense is at least good at a few things as opposed as being just truly awful at everything.

Farooq

Banned
I would keep Barkley. He could never start and win a game, but if he had to finish a game I think he is better than a JAG. I don't trust Bradford to finish every game, but at the same time I have no doubt that Philly's sports science stuff is miles ahead of STL's

There is no way to know this since teams rarely divulge anything related to analytics and sports science. One thing we do know is St. Louis is a client of Catapult just like the Eagles, so they are measuring workload and invested in injury prevention.

Posting Catapult clients for fun.

NFL
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • Denver Broncos
  • Green Bay Packers
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Miami Dolphins
  • New York Giants
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • San Diego Chargers
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • St. Louis Rams

Bread

Banned
Obviously? I don't know how many time you want me to admit the Packers thrashed the Eagles because I've done it a hundred times, so now I may as well take idiotic pot shots.
damn, ez just shamed someone into saying that their original line of thinking was shit

well played

eznark

Banned
I would keep Barkley. He could never start and win a game, but if he had to finish a game I think he is better than a JAG. I don't trust Bradford to finish every game, but at the same time I have no doubt that Philly's sports science stuff is miles ahead of STL's

You do realize that the Eagles starting QB missed 8 games last year, right?

OP please:

Don't forget this for the OP:

Sam Bradford Injury Pool!

Sorry losers Registration is closed!

Preseason

MechDX, jakncoke - Week 1
Respect, eznark, Wynnebeck - Week 3 (CLOSED)
Tamanon, Nakazato - Week 4

Regular Season

Grexeno - Week 1
DeaconKnowledge, FrenchMovieTheme, Eleuin - Week 2 (CLOSED)
ciaossu, Striker, Fox318 - Week 3 (CLOSED)
captive, BigAT, bigosc2k - Week 4 (CLOSED)
Himynameischris, Bread, HarryDemeanor - Week 5 (CLOSED)
wienke, Syrinx, ActStriker - Week 6 (CLOSED)
Bowser, Futurevoid, 8 X 11 Printer Paper - Week 7 (CLOSED)
Limited Edition, sf2fanatic, WanderingWind - Week 8 (Bye) (CLOSED)
Sanjuro, Grover Cleveland, NihonTiger90 - Week 9 (CLOSED)
Line_HTX - Week 10
Sweeney Tom - Week 12
chuckddd - Week 13
Malalaw - Week 16
Kave_Man, Alligatorjandro - Week 17

Playoffs

BaltimoreLarry - Week 1
Narag - Super Bowl 50

Put me down for Week 12 Deacon.. What better team and place to crush Eagles-GAG than Detroit.

Hmm, I like the logic. I knew a person being treated for cancer once and they died. Guess that cancer treatment is bunk.

No it just means that the treatment wasn't effective unfortunately in that patient. Just like Bradford's injury history might be too much for the magic shakes to fight his medical history

You do realize that the Eagles starting QB missed 8 games last year, right?

Therein lies the problem. Sports science does wonders for soft tissue injuries and non-contact injuries, but if the player gets nailed over and over it does nothing. That's why the hope is that Bradford's faster delivery, combined with fewer long yardage 3rd downs will reduce the amount of hits Bradford takes. Don't know if that will be a reality though.

eznark

Banned
Hmm, I like the logic. I knew a person being treated for cancer once and they died. Guess that cancer treatment is bunk.

Are you implying the Eagles were treating Foles for a broken collarbone for the first 8 weeks of the season, or that Foles has a family history of broken collar bones? I'm struggling with your awful analogy.

My point isn't that the Eagles have bad "sports science" it's that protein shakes and hip hop aren't going to stop your bones from breaking.

No it just means that the treatment wasn't effective unfortunately in that patient. Just like Bradford's injury history might be too much for the magic shakes to fight his medical history

That's an indictment on Bradord, not the magic shakes. They can't mitigate everything. But what is a fact is that the Eagles have been the healthiest team over the past two years.

ZCyfk22.png

Can't prove causation but it's pretty impressive.

Are you implying the Eagles were treating Foles for a broken collarbone for the first 8 weeks of the season, or that Foles has a family history of broken collar bones? I'm struggling with your awful analogy.

The fact that Chip's methods weren't able to prevent a broken collar bone doesn't mean they're worthless in the same way that chemo failing to prevent cancer death doesn't mean the chemo is worthless. It didn't think it was was that difficult.

Pepiope

Players get injured. There is no amount of sports science that will completely stop injuries from occurring, but since Chip has been in Philly, the Eagles have been the healthiest team in the NFL.

I'd say what he's doing works.

eznark

Banned
Players get injured. There is no amount of sports science that will completely stop injuries from occurring, but since Chip has been in Philly, the Eagles have been the healthiest team in the NFL.

I'd say what he's doing works.

Where were they the previous 2 seasons?

Top Bottom