• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

eznark

Banned
The fact that Chip's methods weren't able to prevent a broken collar bone doesn't mean they're worthless in the same way that chemo failing to prevent cancer death doesn't mean the chem is worthless. It didn't think it was was that difficult.

You'll have to point me to the part where I said they were worthless.

Godslay

Banned
Reposting:

So I'm looking through the Eagles games last year, as the devil is always in the details.

Games over 100 yards rushing:

Colts: 169 on 38 attempts = 4.44 yards per carry (Richardson - 79)
SF: 218 on 42 attempts = 5.2 yards per carry (Gore - 119)
Rams: 125 on 23 attempts = 5.43 yards per carry (Cunningham - 47)
Texans: 118 on 28 attempts = 4.21 yards per carry (Foster - 56)
Panthers: 102 on 32 attempts = 3.18 yards per carry (Stewart -36)
Packers: 110 on 25 attempts = 4.4 yards per carry (Lacy - 69)
Seahawks: 188 on 46 attempts = 4.08 yards per carry (Lynch - 86)
Cowboys: 115 on 42 attempts = 2.73 yards per carry (Murray - 81)
Redskins: 100 on 29 attempts = 3.44 yards per carry (Morris - 83)

Total Games Over 100 Yards Given Up: 9
Average Yards Per Game: 131
Average Yards Per Carry: 4.12 yards per carry
Number of attempts: 305
Total Yards: 1245
% of Total Attempts: 64%

Games under 100 yards rushing:

Jaguars: 64 on 24 attempts = 2.66 yards per carry (Gerhart - 42)
Redskins: 84 on 28 attempts = 3 yards per carry (Morris - 77)
Giants: 86 on 25 attempts = 3.44 yards per carry (Williams - 43)
Cardinals: 71 on 23 attempts = 3.08 yards per carry (Ellington - 71)
Titans: 52 on 19 attempts = 2.74 yards per carry (Sankey - 37)
Cowboys: 93 on 25 attempts = 3.72 yards per carry (Murray - 73)
Giants: 76 on 24 attempts = 3.16 yards per carry (Williams - 59)

Total Games Under 100 Yards Given Up: 7
Average Yards Per Game: 75
Average Yards Per Carry: 3.11
Number of attempts: 168
Yards: 526
% of Total Attempts: 36%

So on 36% of the attempts teams averaged 3.11 yards per carry. On the other 64% teams averaged 4.12 yards per carry.

I'll do the sacks per team breakdown later.

eznark

Banned
You're right you didn't. You suggested through your comment that Philly doesn't have a better sports science program than the Rams with no supporting data.

Your inferiority complex is showing, Philly dude.

I said Foles was injured last year for 8 weeks. Statement of fact. Whatever else you chose to read into it is a you problem.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...-candidate-for-a-big-dropoff-matthew-stafford

I can genuinely say this isn't a biased article despite the link. However I disagree with a few points.

1. Offense

I think it's pretty clear by now that I'm not a Stafford fan or fanboy. However you cannot discuss the 2014 Lions offense without discussing the offensive line. Stafford was sacked more than 40 times last year, the o-line had to start 4th stringers due to injuries, etc. It was an atrocious line. To make matters worse we installed an offense that is largely based around deep routes developing. Stafford didn't have time to hit those targets, and his shitty accuracy made shorter targets an issue too.

Stafford and the offense have command of Lombardi's offense this year, plus the o-line is better (and healthy). I still don't like Lombardi but I'd be stunned if the offense isn't much better this year. Not saying we'll be a top 10 offense, although the potential is there. It all depends on how Stafford plays. If he has a great year, we'll have a great year. If he continues to be average/below average we'll win 7-8 games.

The other issue: we actually have a run game this year. Reggie Bush wasn't healthy for most of 2014, and when he was healthy he wasn't effective; he was trash at catching out the backfield. Ameer Abdullah is a big upgrade. When healthy, Bell will be a good short yardage guy plus he's solid in the passing game.

2. Defense

I'm not concerned at all about Fairley being gone. Suh on the other hand definitely means our QB pressure will be worse. Ngata and the LBs will ensure we stop the run, but I'm very concerned about getting to QBs.

LB core is great. Secondary is solid. DE is a question mark outside of Ansah.

In short I don't see us having some huge drop off. Will we be #2 again? Hell no. But this should still be a top 10 defense.

3. Conclusion

Defense won't be the end of us. Everything revolves around Stafford. That scares me, but it also excites me given the weapons we have.

Sounds like Sio Moore is close to being gone. Not sure what happened but he can't get right with this coaching staff.

Some team can probably get him for a 5th rounder. Well worth it.

Farooq

Banned
Are you implying the Eagles were treating Foles for a broken collarbone for the first 8 weeks of the season, or that Foles has a family history of broken collar bones? I'm struggling with your awful analogy.

My point isn't that the Eagles have bad "sports science" it's that protein shakes and hip hop aren't going to stop your bones from breaking.

To piggy back off your post, it won't prevent freak ACL tears either.

Scandricks injury. No amount of hydration, or measuring workload was going to prevent his tear.

SimpleAltruisticKronosaurus.gif

Fuck...that gif makes me sad. You were too good for the Cowboys Scandrick.

jakncoke

Banned
lol some clown tried to get me towed this weekend, just heard from a neighbor that talked to him about it. I guess his dumbass was taken to the cleaner and his landlord promised that spot for 50 dollars extra a month. When in reality there is no such thing in the city for renting open spots. I guess the cops basically told him to get bent and they can tow a legal car

To piggy back off your post, it won't prevent freak ACL tears either.

Scandricks injury. No amount of hydration, or measuring workload was going to prevent his tear.

SimpleAltruisticKronosaurus.gif

That's not entirely true, though it depends on your definition of "freak ACL tear". Scandrick, Benjamin, and Nelson went down to non-contact ACL tears, which are exactly the type of tears that can be prevented with sports science. It's the contact ones that can't be prevented.

"You can reduce risk [of non-contact ACL injuries in the NFL] somewhere between 50 and 70 percent," according to Dr. Timothy Hewett, director of biomechanics and sports medicine research at the Mayo Clinic, who has researched knee injuries for over 20 years.

ACE 1991

Barring injuries, there is no way that the Eagles go anything less than 12-4 this year. Our defense is objectively better, Sam Bradford has more weapons than he'll know what to do with and seems like the kind of QB Kelly wished Foles was, and we have a pretty damn favorable schedule.

Your inferiority complex is showing, Philly dude.

I said Foles was injured last year for 8 weeks. Statement of fact. Whatever else you chose to read into it is a you problem.

You said it in response to a statement, not in a vacuum, so there was context to your comment.

rando14

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL
Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood to Carolina after initially were going to cut him.

Sweet, free pick.

Give us a pick, 'Lina!!

Barring injuries, there is no way that the Eagles go anything less than 12-4 this year. Our defense is objectively better, Sam Bradford has more weapons than he'll know what to do with and seems like the kind of QB Kelly wished Foles was, and we have a pretty damn favorable schedule.

I just need to be attached to this. I hope I remember to come back and look at this.

Thank God...

There were a few times last year where I was flipping between channels just so I could see what was going on with the Saints. Yay to "less work" haha

We got enough shit going on in our lives to try and actually be a good friend to Mal and help him remain happy lol :) jk jk Mal

One last Stafford thing...I think this is essentially his last shot. If he hands in another average year the team will have to look for a replacement. Next season is the final year of his extension iirc. It's also the year Johnson is owed a buttload of money. Mayhew has acquired a shit ton of picks in the 2016 draft...if things don't work out I fully expect us to go through a mini or full scale rebuild. Trading Stafford could be a possibility depending on the contract.

Barring major injuries he simply doesn't have an excuse this year. He understands the offense, has weapons out the ass, has a good young o-line, decent run game, better coach this Schwartz...let's go.

rando14

Says a lot that Norwood was going to be cut and we STILL got a pick out of him because another team wanted him so bad

I wanted him :/
Thought we were boys rando

Ever since you posted that definition of rando and roasted me in front of all my peeps, things have been a little rough, I can only tolerate so much disrespect...

jk bae

Tell me why as an Eagles fan I shouldn't be excited about this team/why 12-4 (if Bradford stays healthy) isn't realistic.

Because three of the last four years, the man has been injured. I don't understand what it is about NFL Gaf that makes people forget past years like history doesn't repeat itself.

All I said was that he was legit! Also, why did you think there weren't any Bills fans here? There are literally several of us!

I am usually the only one around so it's an unexpected surprise! A good one though cause it'd suck talking to myself for 17 weeks.

I expect a poor mans Kaep out of Tyrod honestly which, you know, is pretty good if we get second year Kaep and not last year Kaep.

Because three of the last four years, the man has been injured. I don't understand what it is about NFL Gaf that makes people forget past years like history doesn't repeat itself.

If it's a one time thing, understandable. But he's blow out both knees now and has had injury problems since college. He's not durable enough to last 16 games, especially not in a system like Chip's where the QB is going to get hit.

rando14

I am usually the only one around so it's an unexpected surprise! A good one though cause it'd suck talking to myself for 17 weeks.

I expect a poor mans Kaep out of Tyrod honestly which, you know, is pretty good if we get second year Kaep and not last year Kaep.

Welcome to NFL gad frozen. I know you have the authority to roast me and my Mariners in the MLB thread BUT, in this thread I demand obedience!! This is a No Disrespect Zone pls

Top Bottom