• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda feel like if Luck can stay healthy he can carry them to 8 or 9 wins.

This is like the people who said in March "if Romo can stay healthy he can carry [Cowboys] to 8 or 9 wins." I laughed then and I'll laugh now, because at this point we both have to know this shit is pretty big ifs

This is like the people who said in March "if Romo can stay healthy he can carry [Cowboys] to 8 or 9 wins." I laughed then and I'll laugh now, because at this point we both have to know this shit is pretty big ifs
Luck isn't made of glass like Romo, though. He was banged up all year last year, but he's still young and is a big dude. Shouldn't be impossible to keep him healthy.

A lot of the win totals in years past was from easy division wins. I'm not high on the Titans, but they have as much talent. Texans and Jags should sweep Indy
QB1 is the most important part of the depth chart.

Striker

Run the ball, defensive line already in the backfield..lol this line is hot trash..
Tight ends are a problem too. Donnell shouldn't be starting if he can't block. Brandon Myers was like that and they shipped him out after one year. At least Adams had a solid game and might make the team.

MechDX

Luck isn't made of glass like Romo, though. He was banged up all year last year, but he's still young and is a big dude. Shouldn't be impossible to keep him healthy.

I don't think people realize how bad Lucks injuries last season were. One more shot in his midsection he literally could have died on the field.

squicken

For sure. But the worst, by far, starting QB in the league last year won the SB. Sometimes all the other positional advantages/disadvantages are so overwhelming that the QB can't actually do anything about it all

If Brock and Bort are decent, the Texans and Jags just have too many roster advantages. imo anywhoo

Yeah.. But Luck had at one point a lacerated kidney if we recall. Mech is right where a few more bad hits and Luck probably would be dead. You can't keep eating shit like that and keep going at a high level and still remain whole. If that line is as bad as last year, I'll pick the jags because until Brock shows he can be passable.. I'll pick Blake who is good enough to win some games for them.

For sure. But the worst, by far, starting QB in the league last year won the SB. Sometimes all the other positional advantages/disadvantages are so overwhelming that the QB can't actually do anything about it all

If Brock and Bort are decent, the Texans and Jags just have too many roster advantages. imo anywhoo
I think that's unfair to what Peyton's gave that team. For what they needed, he was better than Cutler, Stafford, and a laundry list of mediocre QBs who either turn the ball over too much or can't summon a clock killing drive when it's needed.

Anyway, wrt a QB carrying a team, specifically, I just watched an injured (probably) Aaron Rodgers carry the corpse of the 2015 Green Bay Packers to a 10-6 playoff season. Even won a playoff game! Also, most of the back half of Favre's career

I don't think people realize how bad Lucks injuries last season were. One more shot in his midsection he literally could have died on the field.
If he's still feeling aftereffects (aka not actually healthy, already), that's different. Because if so, he won't make it through the season. But 10 months is a long time to heal.

MechDX

Yeah.. But Luck had at one point a lacerated kidney if we recall. Mech is right where a few more bad hits and Luck probably would be dead. You can't keep eating shit like that and keep going at a high level and still remain whole. If that line is as bad as last year, I'll pick the jags because until Brock shows he can be passable.. I'll pick Blake who is good enough to win some games for them.

I won't give the jags credit because they have a bad head coach and 3 important guys on their defense either coming off of or currently having bad injuries.

And yes Bortles stats last year were severely padded from garbage time. He chokes when the pressure is on

MechDX

ADv2XFj.gif

TJ is the PERFECT back up NFL Qb! Why wont someone just sign him already?

Striker

Only one week left til the real stuff.

Cuts will be interesting to watch. I know the Giants will be looking at the OL for depth and possibly someone to push Newhouse off the line.

Huuuue
Cleveland Browns gaf... what are your thoughts on RG3? Can he be the "one" for the future?
Idk about the future, only time can tell. But I'm optimistic about his play. He seems to have chemistry with the team, the guys like him. If we're lucky it'll work out for us, hopefully it does.

Just saw Tavon Austin got a extension. always figured he wouldn't get a 2nd contract with the Rams, and he'd go on to become a patriot great with Bill ..

Just saw Tavon Austin got a extension. always figured he wouldn't get a 2nd contract with the Rams, and he'd go on to become a patriot great with Bill ..

Maybe they trade him next year to our Pats when he's done with finishing 7-9.

Also, pls sign up for the Shirtless League please

Can I ask a random question?

Whats the significance of iMessage and why do people tout it as major reason to not switch from iOS?

During my 6 month Android sabbatical with the 6s I didn't notice different about it from any other text messaging app.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Whats the significance of iMessage and why do people tout it as major reason to not switch from iOS?

During my 6 month Android sabbatical with the 6s I didn't notice different about it from any other text messaging app.

Other than being able to tell when people are typing and not counting against your monthly text messaging, I'm not sure. Most plans come with unlimited texting now anyway.

Seems to be a bit quicker on delivery and sending than text messaging also.

I wouldn't switch off from iOS because the android OS is hot garbage to me which sucks because there are a lot of nice android phones.

RBH

I'm able to continue iMessage conversations on my laptop and iPad, and if I'm traveling internationally, I can still send texts through iMessage as long as I'm connected to Wi-Fi.

Duxxy3

There's nothing great about iMessage, but if you switch away from it to android you can run into issues/bugs where you might not get texts from iMessage users.

Pepiope

If youre willing to go apple everything with an iPad or MacBook then you can text people off of those devices, but on its own I don't think iMessage is anything special.
There's nothing great about iMessage, but if you switch away from it to android you can run into issues/bugs where you might not get texts from iMessage users.
Ya. When I switched from Apple to droid I turned off iMessage like a few days in advance to avoid all those issues. Sucks you have to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom