• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

minx

I dont get all the Bears love. Urlacher's knees are shot, Forte is coming off a major injury, their D is old, their OL is horrible, they are putting in a new offense this year, their biggest off season addition is a total head case, and Poutface is their QB. The Lions are going to finish ahead of the Bears.

Forte's knee injury was not major at all. However I think his production will go down now that he isn't the number one option. Anyways I could rattle off 5 question marks for any team and wonder why everyone loved them this year.

I feel bad for goldlion. That drunken thug maniac Suh completely overshadowed his once-a-decade year in the spotlight.

Last year was amazing. An ALCS appearance for the Tigers and a playoff birth for the Lions? I was drunkenly stomping around right along Suh! I don't know what I'm going to do when the Lions win the NFC North this year. Probably die of alcohol poisoning because I celebrated too hard.

How did they improve in either of these though?

Mikel Leshoure is playing this year and could provide a spark if Scott Linnehan can learn to design a running play. Cliff Avril will be playing for contract money this year, meaning he will put in the effort and we got rid of Eric Wright at CB, making that an instant upgrade to the D. Capable rookie Bill Benteley and veterans Jacob Lacey and Alphonso Smith should shore up the opposite side of Chris Houston. Things will be ok in Detroit!

our run game and defense is pure fucking garbage. Raw ass garbage. But the passing game inevitably got better!

Forte's knee injury was not major at all. However I think his production will go down now that he isn't the number one option. Anyways I could rattle off 5 question marks for any team and wonder why everyone loved them this year.

Is there another team that missed the playoffs last year that is getting anywhere near the love the Bears are? Some one on NFLN yesterday picked them to go to the SB.

eznark

Banned
Is there another team that missed the playoffs last year that is getting anywhere near the love the Bears are? Some one on NFLN yesterday picked them to go to the SB.

Analysts ALWAYS overvalue wide out signings. The Bears are getting slobbered over because 1. they got Marshall 2. it gets a reaction from the largest fan base in America and engagement is now as important as ratings.

Oversea shippings are very disturbed these times.
No they aren't.

MechDX

Why do guys like Linehan and Knapp that haven't done dick in a decade keep on getting hired?

Knapp was QB coach for the Texans last year. Dat 5th round rookie QB in the playoffs....you have some success you get noticed. Same reason Philbin is in Miami and all the Ravens DC's get head coaching gigs.

How about your Eagles?

Is anyone picking them to do anything? I havent heard anyone on NFLN pick them to go to the SB yet. I think most people are much more realistic about the Eagles, they could be improved this year if Vick stays healthy and the guys they brought in on D pan out. They are most likely an 8 or 9 wins team again this year. They have a brutal schedule and they lost their best player to injury.

Um, the Eagles?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/story/_/id/8295463/espn-experts-nfl-predictions-2012

12 of 16 ESPN "experts" pick them to make the playoffs, 1 of which picks them to win the Super Bowl

Wow, I hadnt heard anyone hyping them up this year. The local radio has been all gloom and doom about the season ever since Vick banged his thumb the first preseason game.

cajunator

Banned
Is anyone picking them to do anything? I havent heard anyone on NFLN pick them to go to the SB yet. I think most people are much more realistic about the Eagles, they could be improved this year if Vick stays healthy and the guys they brought in on D pan out. They are most likely an 8 or 9 wins team again this year. They have a brutal schedule and they lost their best player to injury.

Wow, I hadnt heard anyone hyping them up this year. The local radio has been all gloom and doom about the season ever since Vick banged his thumb the first preseason game.

You guys better have a backup plan then.

Foles is the backup plan I guess. They were 1-4 last year without Vick and it will probably be the same this year.

Jamison Hensley of espn.com has the Cowboys beating the Texans for the SB. lol

MechDX

I can not find a link but I keep reading that Parcells picked a Niners-Texans Superbowl. I seriously do not know how to minimize my excitement for this coming season.

Then I remember the 93 Oilers......fuck Buffalo

Foles is the backup plan I guess. They were 1-4 last year without Vick and it will probably be the same this year.

Jamison Hensley of espn.com has the Cowboys beating the Texans for the SB. lol

If that was to happen I would honestly leave the state. The Douchebaggery Scale would go off the charts.

Bowser

I can not find a link but I keep reading that Parcells picked a Niners-Texans Superbowl. I seriously do not know how to minimize my excitement for this coming season.

I believe it was actually Keyshawn who picked that, I forget exactly Parcells' pick. Key said it on his special Tuesday night on ESPN, I was watching at the time.

can we do record and season predictions? oh yes let's do.

AFC

North
-Ravens -- 13-3
-Steelers -- 12-4
-Bengals -- 8-8
-Browns -- 4-12

South
-Texans -- 11-5
-Titans -- 9-7
-Jags -- 5-11
-Colts -- 5-11

East
-Patriots -- 14-2
-Bills -- 9-7
-Jets -- 8-8
-Dolphins - 3-13

West
-Broncos - 10-6
-Cargers -- 9-7
-Chiefs -- 8-8
-Raiders -- 6-10

AFC Playoffs:

-Steelers beat Broncos
-Texans beat Chargers

-Patriots beat Steelers
-Ravens beat Texans

-Ravens beat Patriots, advance to Super Bowl

NFC

North
-Packers -- 12-4
-Bears -- 10-6
-Lions -- 9-7
-Vikings -- 2-14

South
-Falcons -- 10-6
-Saints -- 9-7
-Panthers -- 7-9
-Bucs -- 5-11

East
-Giants -- 10-6
-Eagles -- 10-6
-Cowboys -- 8-8
-Redskins -- 6-10

West
-Niners -- 11-5
-Seahawks - 9-7
-Rams -- 8-8
-Cardinals -- 2-14

NFC Playoffs:

-Giants beat Bears
-Eagles beat Falcons

-Packers beat Eagles
-Giants beat Niners

-Packers beat Giants, advance to Super Bowl

Super Bowl predictions: Ravens win.

Barf.

K-19

Banned
Just paypal it to me and I will distribute it.

No they aren't.

I'll send you both a NFL squishy top pen.

squishy_top_pen.jpg

The badass pencil!

If that was to happen I would honestly leave the state. The Douchebaggery Scale would go off the charts.

He got the niners half right. Texans probably won't be in the playoffs

Raiders could do it this year, their division is terrible. The Browns look to be really far away. They have to pray that Wheedon develops at some point.

bionic77

MPK_PKRlunch_105e.jpg

AGod still looking sharp.
Man Rodgers got Miss Wisconsin?

I didn't know he was such a stud with the ladies. I always just assumed he was a loser, couldn't get laid, and then took out his aggression on those smug fucking cancer patients.

I guess turn of the century douche cowboy is high fashion in that part of the world. She obviously could not resist. I always made fun of eznark for his fashion sense, but I guess he was ahead of the Wisconsin curve.

Bowser

Fuck it, I'll unveil my picks (not doing record by record, just how I think they'll pan out):

AFC
North
BAL
PIT
CIN
CLE

South
HOU
TEN
IND
JAC

East
NE
BUF
NYJ
MIA

West
DEN
OAK
SD
KC

NFC
North
GB
CHI
DET
MIN

South
ATL
CAR
NO
TB

East
PHI
NYG
DAL
WAS

West
SF
SEA
STL
ARI

Haven't decided yet how I'm gonna have the playoffs pan out

bionic77

Fuck it, I'll unveil my picks (not doing record by record, just how I think they'll pan out):

AFC
North
BAL
PIT
CIN
CLE

South
HOU
TEN
IND
JAC

East
NE
BUF
NYJ
MIA

West
DEN
OAK
SD
KC

NFC
North
GB
CHI
DET
MIN

South
ATL
CAR
NO
TB

East
PHI
NYG
DAL
WAS

West
SF
SEA
STL
ARI

Haven't decided yet how I'm gonna have the playoffs pan out
:lol Oakland and Buffalo make the playoffs and the Steelers don't?

Worst prediction ever.

Bowser

:lol Oakland and Buffalo make the playoffs and the Steelers don't?

Worst prediction ever.

Half the playoff field turns over every year, how many times do I have to say it! There's been at least 5 new teams every year since 2001. You've just gotta go out and limb and try to figure out which ones are the ones that fall and rise.

Striker

Peter King and some NFL.com writers have been writing strong words on Dallas. Not sure why but it seems it goes that way every year. It'll come down to PHI and NYG like it normally does.

Bowser

Peter King and some NFL.com writers have been writing strong words on Dallas. Not sure why but it seems it goes that way every year. It'll come down to PHI and NYG like it normally does.

I wanted to take Dallas, but they're offense is rickety as hell. Both WRs with hamstring issues, both Murray and Jones have had extensive injury histories, and the O-line is pretty terrible outside of Smith. Just can't see them holding up for a full season.

I wanted to take Dallas, but they're offense is rickety as hell. Both WRs with hamstring issues, both Murray and Jones have had extensive injury histories, and the O-line is pretty terrible outside of Smith. Just can't see them holding up for a full season.

Their offense is their best part. Their D was horrid last year. I think Striker is totally right that it will come down to the Eagles and Giants again for the division. 10 wins takes it for sure, hell 9 might be good enough again.

Dragon

Banned
Man Rodgers got Miss Wisconsin?

I didn't know he was such a stud with the ladies. I always just assumed he was a loser, couldn't get laid, and then took out his aggression on those smug fucking cancer patients.

I guess turn of the century douche cowboy is high fashion in that part of the world. She obviously could not resist. I always made fun of eznark for his fashion sense, but I guess he was ahead of the Wisconsin curve.

Oh man. I just died at work. Don't do that to me again.

Bowser

Their offense is their best part. Their D was horrid last year. I think Striker is totally right that it will come down to the Eagles and Giants again for the division. 10 wins takes it for sure, hell 9 might be good enough again.

I think their offense is better than their defense as well, I'm just skeptical as to their offensive playmakers holding up throughout the season as they're already banged up as it is.

Bowser

Sounds like the Phins are gonna cut Garrad - hasn't been able to run or put pressure on his knee since his surgery three weeks ago and no need for a vet QB of Garrad's caliber when you're trying to tank.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Peter King predictions:

REGULAR SEASON

AFC EAST
1. Patriots (12-4)
2. Bills (9-7)*
3. Jets (7-9)
4. Dolphins (4-12)

AFC NORTH
1. Ravens (10-6)
2. Bengals (9-7)
3. Steelers (8-8)
4. Browns (5-11)

AFC SOUTH
1. Texans (12-4)
2. Titans (7-9)
3. Colts (5-11)
4. Jaguars (4-12)

AFC WEST
1. Chiefs (10-6)
2. Broncos (10-6)*
3. Chargers (8-8)
4. Raiders (6-10)

NFC EAST
1. Cowboys (10-6)
2. Giants (9-7)
3. Eagles (9-7)
4. Redskins (6-10)

NFC NORTH
1. Bears (11-5)
2. Packers (11-5)*
3. Lions (9-7)
4. Vikings (4-12)

NFC SOUTH
1. Falcons (11-5)
2. Saints (10-6)*
3. Panthers (8-8)
4. Buccaneers (6-10)

NFC WEST
1. 49ers (11-5)
2. Seahawks (9-7)
3. Cardinals (5-11)
4. Rams (3-13)

*Wild-card team

AFC WILD-CARD ROUND
(3) Chiefs 20, (6) Bills 20
(5) Broncos 30, (4) Ravens 25

NFC WILD-CARD ROUND
(6) Saints 29, (3) Falcons 24
(5) Packers 34, (4) Cowboys 27

AFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
(2) Patriots 30, Chiefs 17
Broncos 23, (1) Texans 20

NFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
Saints 30, (1) 49ers 20
Packers 20, (2) Bears 16

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Broncos 19, Patriots 17

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Packers 27, Saints 25

SUPER BOWL XLVII
Packers 33, Broncos 30

2012 AWARDS

Most Valuable Player: Peyton Manning, QB Broncos
Offensive Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers, QB Packers
Defensive Player of the Year: Brooks Reed, LB Texans
Coach of the Year: Romeo Crennel, Chiefs
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Andrew Luck, QB Colts
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Bruce Irvin, DE Seahawks
Comeback Player of the Year: Peyton Manning, QB Broncos
Executive of the Year: Rick Smith, G.M. Texans

cajunator

Banned
Peter King predictions:

REGULAR SEASON

AFC EAST
1. Patriots (12-4)
2. Bills (9-7)*
3. Jets (7-9)
4. Dolphins (4-12)

AFC NORTH
1. Ravens (10-6)
2. Bengals (9-7)
3. Steelers (8-8)
4. Browns (5-11)

AFC SOUTH
1. Texans (12-4)
2. Titans (7-9)
3. Colts (5-11)
4. Jaguars (4-12)

AFC WEST
1. Chiefs (10-6)
2. Broncos (10-6)*
3. Chargers (8-8)
4. Raiders (6-10)

NFC EAST
1. Cowboys (10-6)
2. Giants (9-7)
3. Eagles (9-7)
4. Redskins (6-10)

NFC NORTH
1. Bears (11-5)
2. Packers (11-5)*
3. Lions (9-7)
4. Vikings (4-12)

NFC SOUTH
1. Falcons (11-5)
2. Saints (10-6)*
3. Panthers (8-8)
4. Buccaneers (6-10)

NFC WEST
1. 49ers (11-5)
2. Seahawks (9-7)
3. Cardinals (5-11)
4. Rams (3-13)

*Wild-card team

AFC WILD-CARD ROUND
(3) Chiefs 20, (6) Bills 20
(5) Broncos 30, (4) Ravens 25

NFC WILD-CARD ROUND
(6) Saints 29, (3) Falcons 24
(5) Packers 34, (4) Cowboys 27

AFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
(2) Patriots 30, Chiefs 17
Broncos 23, (1) Texans 20

NFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
Saints 30, (1) 49ers 20
Packers 20, (2) Bears 16

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Broncos 19, Patriots 17

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Packers 27, Saints 25

SUPER BOWL XLVII
Packers 33, Broncos 30

2012 AWARDS

Most Valuable Player: Peyton Manning, QB Broncos
Offensive Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers, QB Packers
Defensive Player of the Year: Brooks Reed, LB Texans
Coach of the Year: Romeo Crennel, Chiefs
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Andrew Luck, QB Colts
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Bruce Irvin, DE Seahawks
Comeback Player of the Year: Peyton Manning, QB Broncos
Executive of the Year: Rick Smith, G.M. Texans

I dont mind this particular prediction.

Greg

at first I :jnc @ the Bears finishing ahead of the Packers

but then I saw them taking out the Cowboys, Bears, and Saints in the playoffs and was completely ok with that path

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
at first I :jnc @ the Bears finishing ahead of the Packers

That was my reaction as well.

I'll go on record saying that while most keep saying the Bears and Falcons are in the playoffs this year, I think one of them tanks. Not sure which one.

Detroit is easily the playoff team from last year most likely to miss it this year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trade deadline officially moved now to Week 8.

Still should be week 10 to encourage more trading.

MechDX

No way in hell we lose in the Divisional round against the Broncos in Reliant. In Denver probably but not at home.

Still cant see the Texans winning 12 games though. Im thinking 10-11 wins since the schedulers fucked us in Prime Time games. 5 Primetime games and only one at home.

Top Bottom