• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

ink4n3

That pic is from 2010 bro

will do

Sorry, they did it again this year.

http://http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Packers-again-wear-cowboy-hats-to-annual-luncheon/26e54af7-4814-4afe-b58b-7879a0caa4ae

aaron-rodgers-cowboy-300x199.jpg

Peter King was on the radio the other day talking about how the pension plan was part of the hold up as well. Regardless the refs are gonna get paid more but have less work.

Yeah he said 11 teams dont offer pension plans for any of their employees and they are very opposed to giving them to the refs.

jakncoke

Banned
I'd love to work 16 weeks out of the year for that kind of "shit pay".

its relative. sure compared to middle class workers its great. but nfl isnt middle class. just like a rookie 7th rounder getting his 450k is shit pay. its relative to the field man. i also would love to get that much. im just saying that in the nfl world and what they do, they do in my mind deserve a little more

I'll never forget that pick he threw in that pig skin pro am a few years back. I won't forget that final drive either but I digress!

Not Joes fault. It was classic perfectly thrown game winning pass that bounced off some bimbos fake tits for an interception.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Peter King predictions:

REGULAR SEASON

AFC EAST
1. Patriots (12-4)
2. Bills (9-7)*
3. Jets (7-9)
4. Dolphins (4-12)

AFC NORTH
1. Ravens (10-6)
2. Bengals (9-7)
3. Steelers (8-8)
4. Browns (5-11)

AFC SOUTH
1. Texans (12-4)
2. Titans (7-9)
3. Colts (5-11)
4. Jaguars (4-12)

AFC WEST
1. Chiefs (10-6)
2. Broncos (10-6)*
3. Chargers (8-8)
4. Raiders (6-10)

NFC EAST
1. Cowboys (10-6)
2. Giants (9-7)
3. Eagles (9-7)
4. Redskins (6-10)

NFC NORTH
1. Bears (11-5)
2. Packers (11-5)*
3. Lions (9-7)
4. Vikings (4-12)

NFC SOUTH
1. Falcons (11-5)
2. Saints (10-6)*
3. Panthers (8-8)
4. Buccaneers (6-10)

NFC WEST
1. 49ers (11-5)
2. Seahawks (9-7)
3. Cardinals (5-11)
4. Rams (3-13)

*Wild-card team

AFC WILD-CARD ROUND
(3) Chiefs 20, (6) Bills 20
(5) Broncos 30, (4) Ravens 25

NFC WILD-CARD ROUND
(6) Saints 29, (3) Falcons 24
(5) Packers 34, (4) Cowboys 27

AFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
(2) Patriots 30, Chiefs 17
Broncos 23, (1) Texans 20

NFC DIVISIONAL ROUND
Saints 30, (1) 49ers 20
Packers 20, (2) Bears 16

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Broncos 19, Patriots 17

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Packers 27, Saints 25

SUPER BOWL XLVII
Packers 33, Broncos 30

2012 AWARDS

Most Valuable Player: Peyton Manning, QB Broncos
Offensive Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers, QB Packers
Defensive Player of the Year: Brooks Reed, LB Texans
Coach of the Year: Romeo Crennel, Chiefs
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Andrew Luck, QB Colts
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Bruce Irvin, DE Seahawks
Comeback Player of the Year: Peyton Manning, QB Broncos
Executive of the Year: Rick Smith, G.M. Texans

Browns with 5 wins? I just got a boner!

(from Peter King)
NFC NORTH
1. Bears (11-5)
2. Packers (11-5)*
3. Lions (9-7)
4. Vikings (4-12)

I think the Packers will finish ahead of the Bears by at least one game. 9-7 seems right for the Lions, sadly. I can't convince myself that we make the playoffs without a running game or secondary again, with an improved Bears team to deal with

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why you gotta break me down bro? Can't I ever be happy for my shitty team? :(

And trick question, NHL is gonna be locked out so the Leafs won't even play a game!

So they'll have the same amount of wins this year?

I kid!

Nobody thinks the Jets are going to make the playoffs. Tebowmania will strike again! This time all the way to the Lombardi.

That SB was so fucking heartbreaking, and I didn't even hate the Steelers as much back then. So wrong.

The Cards deserved to lose that game for letting fat ass James Harrison run 100 yards for a TD. Dude had to straight up get hooked up to oxygen right after he was so out of breath.

Plus they decided to go into prevent defense on the final drive. Fucking retards.

squicken

I felt so bad for Fitz. If anyone deserves a ring, its that guy.

Why? There's lots of classy, hard working and productive players who never get rings. Fitz has signed two extensions with that team. He knows how crappy that organization is. If he wanted out he could have got out

Why? There's lots of classy, hard working and productive players who never get rings. Fitz has signed two extensions with that team. He knows how crappy that organization is. If he wanted out he could have got out

Yea he should have realized a long time ago that even Sam Walton learned how to be cheap from Bidwill.

squicken

Ralph Wilson is in the hospital, but seems he'll be okay

Something I heard the other day is that Buffalo uses an artificial turf that no one else uses. Field Turn costs about $450k to install, but a local company offered to install its turf for $150k. Nothing says it's any more dangerous than field turf though.

I guess there was a study by the NFL and NFLPA a few years back that said that ACL injuries occur at an 80% higher rate on field turf than they do on grass, which backs up Ben's complain about guys getting their legs stuck in the stuff

effzee

Damn. Lurie said at a press conference that if Reid goes 8-8 he gets fired. Will be evaluated after the season regardless

Wow what a high bar to reach!

Really Lurie? Really? So after a season where everyone had your team pegged as top contender out of the NFC and the utter failure of the team, the bar you have set for Reid to surpass is the horrid record they reached last season?

Are you fucking kidding me? Its year 14! It should be "PLAYOFFS or he gets fired".

With the talent on this team and barring any real serious injury (which would be an excuse anyway), they should be able to get to 9-10 wins. A whole 1 or 2 games better than last season.

Nice goal setting there Lurie. Not playoffs or SB. No just be better than 8-8. Dear god Reid really is going to coach this team forever.

Top Bottom