• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

Greg

love all the new people here dropping that playoff football knowledge

wish we could be blessed with these great minds all season long!

How is that roughing the passer? He aint a Tesla, he can't come to a complete stop in a half-second and he hits him right as the ball is leaving his hand.

Gotta target him lower, in the chest. The helmet hitting the QB in the facemask is the penalty. Where you're allowed to hit the QB has pretty much become the strike zone in MLB.

necrosis

Cause it wasn't malicious, dude wasn't trying to knock Moore outta the game he just got his head too low, definitely needed a flag but that's it lets move on

hard to do when steelers fans are questioning whether it should have been a penalty lol

Beach

If the Steelers score again here I'd sit the big three. Games going to be chippy for the rest of it and Suh is still there

Vixdean

Love how people defend that hit

No one is defending the hit, but all season I've heard Cam wasn't getting flags on hits like that because once he's out of the pocket he becomes indistinguishable from a "runner" and those hits are legal. The only difference between that hit and about 5 others on Cam that didn't draw a flag is Moore isn't 6'6" 250.

Slo

If you don't think that's a roughing the passer call, then you haven't been watching the NFL in the last 5 years.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
He was hit in the jaw, no concussion.

Savage was barely touched on his helmet and was concussed. That rock to his jaw/head can easily cause a concussion.

if a defenders hand accidentally smacks a QB's helmet it's called a penalty. Defensive players know this. YOu hit a QB in the head with anything, your arm, your head, hour shoulder, even by accident, it's going to be called. That was the easiest penalty call a ref could ever make.

Sanjuro

Does matthew mcconaughey play Woody Harrelson in this new movie?

3iO6K9S.gif

Next to the GOAT.

JCizzle

No one is defending the hit, but all season I've heard Cam wasn't getting flags on hits like that because once he's out of the pocket he becomes indistinguishable from a "runner" and those hits are legal. The only difference between that hit and about 5 others on Cam that didn't draw a flag is Moore isn't 6'6" 250.
I think most people recognize that the NFL's treatment of cam is bullshit though

I don't want to say what that doctor did was unethical but....

Even if you don't think it was a concussion any blow to the helmet needs a full check

MechDX

T.J. Yates is 1-1 in his career in the playoffs

Neither Matt Moore nor Ryan Tannehill have won a playoff game

Steelers don't want none of this!

"He got hit in the jaw so he probably didn't have a concussion"

Fucking what?

Welcome to the kind of logic and thinking that has been turning players into vegetables for 50 years. "He just got his bell rung! Let him clear the cobwebs and get back out there!"

marrec

Banned
if a defenders hand accidentally smacks a QB's helmet it's called a penalty. Defensive players know this. YOu hit a QB in the head with anything, your arm, your head, hour shoulder, even by accident, it's going to be called. That was the easiest penalty call a ref could ever make.
Ya he fucked up, people saying it's not a penalty are wrong, but let's calm down with the scum and thug talk, and especially the Trailblazers talk that's just insulting.

Top Bottom