• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

gcubed

Daniel better sit. Playoff rounds come and go, but your health is your health. Trying to spark a comeback with a too-early return is a recipe for disaster. Concussions suck.

In other news: Scenes From An Execution

man that first SHG yesterday on Fluery was sooooo bad. If he didn't allow that in, Bryz would have had worst goal of the game with his bone head stand up with the puck in his lap (i'd use meme generator with Bryz asking where his lap goes when he stands up, but apparently websense thinks its "tasteless", so everyone is spared)

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I haven't been hearing from the Detroit fans as much as expected...

...may be because the Preds are up 2-1 in the series ;P

Being a huge fan of Nashville, its nice to see we may actually get past The Wings in the 'offs this season. *knock on wood*

I'm actually going to the game in Nashville. If the Preds win game 4, could be the series winner :)

Pekka Rinne FTW!
what is this shit

Spl1nter

Daniel better sit. Playoff rounds come and go, but your health is your health. Trying to spark a comeback with a too-early return is a recipe for disaster. Concussions suck.

In other news: Scenes From An Execution

Saw on hfboards, too funny not to post.

Identical-Twins.gif

El Tigre

You're right.

My team hasn't made the playoffs in eight years and just finished 26th in the NHL. But at least they won a Cup in a 6-team league two dozen years before I was born.

Comforting.

Bringing up Toronto because you're about to be swept is quite funny.

Agreed. Queue the clowning by national media and full-page adverts for this team's ineptitude-laden DNA. You may want to start next year's copywriting now, btw.

Now for teams that matter (for a little while longer, anyways): This year has felt off from the jump, and even more so in the playoffs. Kesler's lost his cool along with his clothes, and while Kassian might be a good investment for the future, he's not what we need right now to compete at a Cup-caliber level. Those contributions from the back 2 lines were vital last year, and nowhere to be found now. It's maddening, it's frustrating, and while there's a chance we pull it out, I don't see it.

Off season is going to be interesting.

You got that right. Just a little while longer.

canuck%20sweep.JPG

MacAttack

For what it's worth, Carter and Gagne coming back in the middle of the series were definitely the spark that made the Flyers come back against the B's in 2010.
For the record, Krejci was taken out of the series in game 3 by the classless Mike Richards, Savard was playing with a concussion (too many men!) and Tuuka (rookie season) was shaky in that series.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I mean... not what I was expecting...

Is Alexander Radulov the reason? Or is Detroit weaker than usual?

Reason I'm saying this is bc Nashville has only won one playoff series um... ever. And its usually someone in our division that knocks us out (aka: Detroit, Chicago).

Not shit-talking at all, actually curious as to the reasoning.

Detroit is weaker than usual. Their defense has taken a major step backward, as evidenced by Stuart being on the ice for 6 of 8 goals Nashville as scored. Usually he's a beast in the playoffs.

Acid08

Banned
I've seen a Kariya/Selanne version.

Too bad Kariya ain't around now in St. Louis...
He was never the same after that fucking asshole Suter cross checked him across the face.

I'm glad he's not in St. Louis. I'd feel bad about the Sharks having to run him over, Kariya will always be one of my favorite players.

MacAttack

You swept us and got a cup a year later. You'll deal.
I wasn't trying to be salty just saying it's going to take a lot more than Daniel Sedin coming back for the Canucks to reel off four in a row against a healthy Kings team with a goalie like Quick.

If a Canucks player were to take a run at Mike Richards I wouldn't hold it against them.

pringles

Detroit is weaker than usual. Their defense has taken a major step backward, as evidenced by Stuart being on the ice for 6 of 8 goals Nashville as scored. Usually he's a beast in the playoffs.
Well, Stuart's been bad these playoffs. But overall our defense is hugely improved from the last few years, maybe the best it's been since 07-08.

We were 23rd in GA/game last year, and 7th this year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Scott's in confirmed, huh?

Not sure I agree with this. Would have liked to see Kreider, but it would have admittedly been a risk to go with a young guy in his debut in this kind of environment.

Ra\/en

Daniel better not play. I want him back next year.

The nucks are not going to come back from 3-0. If they do, that's great, but nope.

Chicago almost came back against vancouver last year, but Vancouver was crapping the bed out of fear. LA looks great right now. No fear.

Vancouver might win a game or two, but it's over.

Montresor

How do you watch both CBC games in Ontario on cable TV (ignoring the fact that you can stream both games on CBC.ca)?

If my CBC channel is showing the Ottawa game, where do I go to watch the Bruins-Caps game?

ShaneB

How do you watch both CBC games in Ontario on cable TV (ignoring the fact that you can stream both games on CBC.ca)?

If my CBC channel is showing the Ottawa game, where do I go to watch the Bruins-Caps game?

CHEX. There you go, they're showing the stations right now.

I'\ll have the Sens game on tv, and stream the Caps game.

q_q

Radulov? Lol. Barely noticed him this series.

43-22 the shots last game. 0.1 seconds away from being 2-2 instead of 1-3. And the 1st game Nashville only won because of two completely random goals. Nashville is lucky to be up 2-1 in the series for sure. Sure this is not the best Wings team (bottom 6 is hurting without Helm and Eaves) but they are still better than the Preds.

'Reasonable' Wings fans expected this to be a long series that could go either way. It's looking exactly like that. Game 4 is huge of course, but even if Preds take it I expect Detroit to atleast force a Game 6. Zetterberg and Datsyuk alone won't allow this team to go out without a fight. I'm thinking Wings in 7, simply because I think the better team deserves to win in the end.

Posts like these are always so refreshing after sitting around listening to Plinko and ArabMan in this thread all the time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Kreider IS in after all. And on the number 1 line with Richards and Gaborik.

Very interesting. Let's see what he can do.

UberTag

As terrible as both Vancouver and Pittsburgh were at home, they both managed to do something in their respective series that the defending Stanley Cup champs were not... play with the lead.

Boston didn't play one single minute with the lead through their first two home playoff games and they have got to step up tonight in Obama Country or they'll find themselves in the exact same position the Canucks and Penguins soon will... on the golf course.

Radulov? Lol. Barely noticed him this series.

43-22 the shots last game. 0.1 seconds away from being 2-2 instead of 1-3. And the 1st game Nashville only won because of two completely random goals. Nashville is lucky to be up 2-1 in the series for sure. Sure this is not the best Wings team (bottom 6 is hurting without Helm and Eaves) but they are still better than the Preds.

'Reasonable' Wings fans expected this to be a long series that could go either way. It's looking exactly like that. Game 4 is huge of course, but even if Preds take it I expect Detroit to atleast force a Game 6. Zetterberg and Datsyuk alone won't allow this team to go out without a fight. I'm thinking Wings in 7, simply because I think the better team deserves to win in the end.

If we can take next game, I'm confident it will go to 7 and be a toss up, if we lose the next game I do not seeing us coming back to win it in 7, I just don't. Also I do believe it seems that Stuart has already packed it in for California, he has been pretty awful this series.

Posts like these are always so refreshing after sitting around listening to Plinko and ArabMan in this thread all the time.

I calls it as I see it, though I did pick Wings in 7, where as Plinko picked the Preds. So suck it!

Top Bottom