• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

You've been around for that long and still can't design a great logo/uniform? Amazing.

ALE-BOS-Logo-Old09.png

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, thanks NBC for introducing me to this cool new band "Nickelback"

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
No pre-game soccer for Bergeron...

Alucard

Banned
Hold onto your butts, boys. Get ready for a wild third. Still think the Pens have the talent and effort in them to make this one close.

th3dude

Pens showing heart and effort, but it's doesn't mean much when Fleury gave this game to Philly.

Dude I don't know what game you are watching, but there couldn't be less effort and heart from the Pens. Soft passes, no hustle, no effort. Sure the garbage goals probably hurt morale a bit and fleury is awful, but the team is quitting before our eyes. Bylsma has one last chance to light a fire this intermission.

Alucard

Banned
Dude I don't know what game you are watching, but there couldn't be less effort and heart from the Pens. Soft passes, no hustle, no effort. Sure the garbage goals probably hurt morale a bit and fleury is awful, but the team is quitting before our eyes. Bylsma has one last chance to light a fire this intermission.

Yeah, the passes have been shitty, but they've had decent zone time.

Can't believe that the best Pens team I've ever seem assembled during my fandom is one period away from being eliminated.

Crosby needs to start taking shots on net instead of just passing it away every time he gets a chance. Fleury giving this game away, can't give up any more goals

th3dude

Yeah, the passes have been shitty, but they've had decent zone time.

Can't believe that the best Pens team I've ever seem assembled during my fandom is one period away from being eliminated.

Truth there. I guess at the end of the day, we will say that the talent couldn't overcome the weak goaltending.

cube444

Not even joking, man. Never had a powerhouse like this, save for maybe 1993...and that season ended in crushing disappointment as well. Think this team bought into its own hype.

This Pens team is not even as good as their Cup winning team. That team had a good defense and goaltending along with a shutdown combo of Scuderi/Gill.

This Pens team has a worse D and ZERO shutdown combos.

Winning Cups is not just about a powerhouse offense.

Alucard

Banned
Serious question...if the Pens can't complete the miracle in this game and come back, what happens to Fleury? I really don't think he's going anywhere, but Shero would be remiss not to have a serious look at his goaltending situation.

Still believe that Bylsma gets one more chance next season.

Not giving up juuuuust yet, but the third is going to be tough. Either the Flyers come out and score in the first 10 minutes to put this one to bed, or the Pens score early and pour out their hearts.

Crosby needs to start taking shots on net instead of just passing it away every time he gets a chance. Fleury giving this game away, can't give up any more goals

This too. It's starting to get annoying he just sits there waiting for a pass rather than taking a shot and trying to make something happen. He's falling back to old habits.

Alucard

Banned
This Pens team is not even as good as their Cup winning team. That team had a good defense and goaltending along with a shutdown combo of Scuderi/Gill.

This Pens team has a worse D and ZERO shutdown combos.

Michalek and Orpik are both solid shutdown guys IMO. But yeah, Letang has lost his head in this series, Martin was shit before going down, and Lovejoy showed that he's still too green for the big time.

Weird to think that Niskanen has probably been the Pens' best dman.

Looking forward to the evolution of Simon Despres over the next few years.

Serious question...if the Pens can't complete the miracle in this game and come back, what happens to Fleury? I really don't think he's going anywhere, but Shero would be remiss not to have a serious look at his goaltending situation.

Bylsma is definitely going to come back (I hope). I'm hoping they bring up Thiessen from WBS to challenege Fleury (or at least give him some drive to play better knowing there is a competent backup). I really hope the core remains unchanged next season and we can pick up another good defender

C Jones

This too. It's starting to get annoying he just sits there waiting for a pass rather than taking a shot and trying to make something happen. He's falling back to old habits.

Yup, at least Neal seems to be busting his ass to make something happen offensively. Wish Sid was a little more aggressive.

gcubed

Bryzgalov made ONE tough save on that deflection... he's not getting challenged at all. The pens seem to want a nice pass to score when they should just be throwing EVERYTHING at the net.

Not giving up juuuuust yet, but the third is going to be tough. Either the Flyers come out and score in the first 10 minutes to put this one to bed, or the Pens score early and pour out their hearts.

I don't see the point in firing Byslma. Especially when you definitely don't have a backup you've been grooming. We should have done better but I see no reason to run him out of town, that seems crazy. And if you have no alternative you want a coach like Dale Hunter taking over? Everything seems way too reactionary and over the top. It's nonsense.

Bryzgalov made ONE tough save on that deflection... he's not getting challenged at all. The pens seem to want a nice pass to score when they should just be throwing EVERYTHING at the net.

Pretty much, they're reverting to old habits that they need THE perfect pass or they just turn it over and don't shoot. You need some rebounds/shitty goals to come back in it.

I really just want to see the Pens come out and just throw pucks at the net hoping for lucky rebounds. I think that would be a better option than sitting back and hoping pucks get through all the Flyers defenders

fallout

I saw tortorellas post game cry fest earlier. I wish I could have seen it live
Him comparing the Neil hit on Boyle to Torres' was ridiculous. He was flat out wrong on a couple of things. The hit wasn't late and Neil is not a repeat offender.

I think the hit might have been worth review, but to compare him to Torres is just stupid.

th3dude

I think Fleury has a no trade clause for a while longer so he'll be the guy. I think longer term Thiessen showed some good promise in his couple games this year.

While I wouldn't want to see Bylsma go, he isn't handling this series very well.

Top Bottom