• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you had told people 4 months ago that the Habs would be the third team in the entire NHL to clinch a playoff birth, fucking no one would believe you.

I knew they weren't going to be as bad as last year. Markov is a fantastic defenseman and he's good enough to turn a whole team around. Subban will likely get the Norris, but Markov is the unheralded hero.

MacAttack

Rask is killing it tonight. Two goals that maybe he should have had but he's made a couple great saves and been solid against a talented Islanders offense.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I knew they weren't going to be as bad as last year. Markov is a fantastic defenseman and he's good enough to turn a whole team around. Subban will likely get the Norris, but Markov is the unheralded hero.
He doesn't deserve to win it, but I think Markov should be a nominee for the Hart, he's been one of the biggest reasons for the turn around this year, especially with PK sitting out to start the season.

Please start with the 2nd PP unit instead.

Change something for the love of jesus

we are 0/30.

Our PP is like a European basketball team.

pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,MISS

Fuck this teams power play.

Just nuke it from space at this point

Our PP is basically Karlsson doing his thing, which only he can do.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Actually, that sounds exactly like our powerplay. Welcome to the club. Drop like 10 places in league PP standings, then we'll talk.

Solo

He doesn't deserve to win it, but I think Markov should be a nominee for the Hart, he's been one of the biggest reasons for the turn around this year, especially with PK sitting out to start the season.

Hart? No. Masterson? Absolutely. Would be sick to see the Habs franchise win that award 2 straight seasons.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I doubt Subban gets it. Don't shoot the messenger though.

May not, but...
He leads D in goals, has a good +/-,, leads in points, and has only played 33 games. The other who comes close would be Letang, and I wonder how much it had to do with him playing with Crosby.

Cake Boss

Banned

Our PP is basically Karlsson doing his thing, which only he can do.

soccer_action.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
POWER PLAY GOALLLLLL

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTT
ASF
FJKAS'FASJFAS F

ASF
F JKL
A[S FJASJL[ DSJA

ASDKJASJK'DASJ'KDKJASDAS

SDADKLASDLASDAS';DAS'

WDQSA;JKLDK;JJJJJJJJJJJJA

im8KkAVA6zGFb.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
May not, but...
He leads D in goals, has a good +/-,, leads in points, and has only played 33 games. The other who comes close would be Letang, and I wonder how much it had to do with him playing with Crosby.
The only player who deserves it over Subban is Suter.

Good shit Islanders, time to reclaim the rightful position as top of the NE.

Solo

Man, sneaky old Ryder just keeps on piling up the points. Chuck another 2 on the pile tonight. 20 points in 20 games now.

FLEECED!

I think he still he is too hated to win it this year.

I think his decision to sit out as an RFA, and the 'glut' of defencemen with similar stats, means that he'll miss out this year.

If he had, in relative terms, the same kind of lead in points Karlsson did last season, his decision to sit out wouldn't be a factor.

I read somewhere that Subban only plays something like 16 even strength minutes.

Past Norris winners have played around 25 tough minutes, only recent exception is Lidstrom in his last win.

So he probably will not win it, regardless what people think of him.

I think his decision to sit out as an RFA, and the 'glut' of defencemen with similar stats, means that he'll miss out this year.

If he had, in relative terms, the same kind of lead in points Karlsson did last season, his decision to sit out wouldn't be a factor.

I can see Letang taking it if the Pens manage to make it deep. He's pretty universally liked among media types.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
When does our collective reaction to the Jets' successes go from "aw, so cute that Winnipeg has a team again" to "fuck those idiots I hope they're moved to Phoenix"?

never.

Once they get moved to the West and we face them more often and start losing to them. So... not anytime soon?

Playoffs have no bearing on the awards, aside from the Conn Smythe. Every other award is won based on the regular season.

Are they not voted for at the same time?
I always assumed that players who had a good playoff run would benefit from being fresher in the voters minds.

Either way I think Letang takes it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
When does our collective reaction to the Jets' successes go from "aw, so cute that Winnipeg has a team again" and back to "fuck those idiots I hope they're moved to Phoenix"?

Good thing they're going to the West. Also helps that I don't know any Jets fans personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom