• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nothing happened then. We beat the Red Wings, remember? Corey Perry (good guy) got a hat trick and they got beat so bad they got relegated to the East.

Then we got to the second round and Teemu said "I'm very tired, let's go have a steak at my new restaurant instead of playing". But now this year they're going to play for the cup instead. This was their plan the whole time. They didn't want a "cup" from a "shortened season".
Plus they have to win it for Koivu since it's his last season

#Cup4Koivu

#Cup4Koivu

#Cup4Koivu

Chris R

I'd worry about getting rid of the stupid fucking bracket setup first. I don't get why they'd get rid of re-seeding each round and the highest seed remaining playing the lowest.

I could still be misunderstanding the playoff format for this year and this could be wrong.

That would be good as well.

I don't think things are reseeded this year. And my proposed system doesn't even change the west, but it does shake up the east a bit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's a surprising lack of penalties in this game.

Desolation of Smaug (I mentioned it because they had a commercial for the second one coming out on DVD)
I enjoyed it for the most part, aside from the Elf-Dward relationship stuff.

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't know. Leddy's development isn't done yet. He certainly has the tools to potentially be a 2/3 defenseman though. On the Hawks? Probably not.

On some teams? Yeah, I could certainly see him being a solid 2nd defenseman if his development goes well.
He will in a few years if Keith starts to slow down. If that happens, Leddy will start picking up the bigger minutes like Keith does now. If Keith stays healthy and productive, then Leddy/Hammer is going to be a really good 2nd pairing for a long time.

Nothing happened then. We beat the Red Wings, remember? Corey Perry (good guy) got a hat trick and they got beat so bad they got relegated to the East.

Then we got to the second round and Teemu said "I'm very tired, let's go have a steak at my new restaurant instead of playing". But now this year they're going to play for the cup instead. This was their plan the whole time. They didn't want a "cup" from a "shortened season".

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
With the Wings last night and the Leafs tonight, the Bruins are definitely trolling the NHL :p

Sanjuro

With the Wings last night and the Leafs tonight, the Bruins are definitely trolling the NHL :p

Just modern day sports. Most teams with that playoff spot tied up are going to start entering cruise control for the time being. Very obvious in the style of the Bruins play.

zedge

In Xbox news, oneguide works in Canada now. Just set it up with my Shaw PVR. Pretty neat.

Hope the Flames dont come out flat in the third again.

Delryk

In Xbox news, oneguide works in Canada now. Just set it up with my Shaw PVR. Pretty neat.

Hope the Flames dont come out flat in the third again.

Yup. Works greT with belltv here and that smartglass universal remote is amazing. :)

Giggzy

Can you knee yourself?

Stay tuned to find out!

Rt4WRqq.jpghttp:

Why did we bother with a April thread?

I'm about to turn on the Laffs Broons game because Blues are coasting against an AHL team and this shit is boring.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Why did we bother with a April thread?

I'm about to turn on the Laffs Broons game because Blues are coasting against an AHL team and this shit is boring.

Because we already hit 20k posts in the March thread.

And doesn't seem like the playoff thread will be ready yet.

Top Bottom