• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Someone hacked into NHL GAF's emails! D:

Edit: had to log in on my desktop since I couldn't read the emails on mobile.

Nearly burst out laughing at the office when I read that Winnipeg rant and saw what "k" was referring to. Good job, Quick!

ShaneB

Bummed at no Canadian teams being in the playoffs. Getting all set for whatever Caps playoff collapse is in store.

I wonder what the reaction on GAF would be if this ended up being the top 3 in the lottery?

PdNEsji.png

I swear this was the first thing that came up.

I wonder what the reaction on GAF would be if this ended up being the top 3 in the lottery?

I swear this was the first thing that came up.

I would be annoyed with Edmonton getting another top three pick, but otherwise I'm fine with it. New Jersey takes Matthews and would be very, very solid for him and them. They need an offensive juggernaut and I wouldn't mind them ascending in the East in the next few years.

Carolina already has a long history of Finns and Scandanavians as a whole, so adding in Laine would be good.

Guy couldn't win a game in the AHL with a stacked Marlies team earlier this year.. that's hilarious! lol..

Eh.. He can't play in the playoffs so I think he will be there to come in if we clinch to give Mason a rest since Neuvirth won't be back until the playoffs, if we make it.

Solo

BGally back in tomorrow and finally the 1st line that dumbo Therrien should have assembled 2 years ago: BGally-AGally-Casper

zroid

Banned
I would be totally content with the Canes getting Matthews

definitely not the Devils though. I want to actually remember he exists.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ce7Zn2AUAAAwyUV.jpg

NOOORRRRRIIISSSSSOOONNNNN!!!!

Is Doughty stronger in the defensive side of the position? Yes. But that edge doesn’t begin to counter Karlsson’s clear advantage in the offensive department. Karlsson is the best all-around defenceman in the NHL this season. He’s the clear-cut Norris Trophy winner.

Gary Fatwless with the TRUTH BOMBS!!!

calder

Quick you bastard, you were not under subpoena to produce those private emails and as a result releasing them may actually open you up to legal recourse as the senders did not agree to posting them in public. It was NOT cool, no matter how much that fake racist scumbag Smelly might fake deserve it!

Didn't realize it was Marvie's birthday, happy bday dude!

Chris R

It's crazy how much cheaper the Ducks playoff tickets are when compared to the Blackhawk tickets.

Now watch both teams be on the road when I'm in Chicago and Anaheim lol

Socreges

Banned
Quick you bastard, you were not under subpoena to produce those private emails and as a result releasing them may actually open you up to legal recourse as the senders did not agree to posting them in public. It was NOT cool, no matter how much that fake racist scumbag Smelly might fake deserve it!

Didn't realize it was Marvie's birthday, happy bday dude!
I wish Dastardly had apologized to me before these became public. As it is, I'm not sure I can forgive him.

zroid

Banned
Kadri got fined $5,000 for diving. Babcock gets fined if Kadri gets another diving citation.
The weird thing about this is he didn't really even dive in this situation. Like I'm not saying he doesn't embellish, but this particular instance makes no sense.

He delivered a clean hit and then got slashed twice in retaliation by two different players and then he got hauled to the ground.

$5000 fine

Socreges

Banned
The weird thing about this is he didn't really even dive in this situation. Like I'm not saying he doesn't embellish, but this particular instance makes no sense.

He delivered a clean hit and then got slashed twice in retaliation by two different players and then he got hauled to the ground.

$5000 fine
Video? Gif?

iLLmAtlc

Ce7Zn2AUAAAwyUV.jpg

NOOORRRRRIIISSSSSOOONNNNN!!!!

Gary Fatwless with the TRUTH BOMBS!!!

The fact that Karlsson may become only the 4th player this year to score 80 pts seals it for me. Like I can't even imagine how you could say someone's defence could outweigh that level of offensive dominance.

I wish all those media hacks saying Doughty would post a sustained analysis about why his season is better than Karlsson's.

zroid

Banned
The fact that Karlsson may become only the 4th player this year to score 80 pts seals it for me. Like I can't even imagine how you could say someone's defence could outweigh that level of offensive dominance.

I wish all those media hacks saying Doughty would post a sustained analysis about why his season is better than Karlsson's.

It is a legitimate question as to whether Doughty is even better than Karlsson defensively. The only thing Doughty is demonstrably better than Karlsson at is blocking shots. "Playing in your own end" is not the same thing as "defence", despite what the guy on the TV says.

holy shit Forsberg :lol https://twitter.com/HareBrahs/status/716005815623290880

that's the team he played for as a junior in case that wasn't obvious
Guess what, another Forsberg played juniors in the other team.

Here are some pics of Peter Forsberg leaving the arena when the other team tied it in the last minute.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/shl/article22551860.ab
I cant remember a seeing an upset even close to this since Sweden went out of the olympics against belarus.

Ill post some Numbers later.

Socreges

Banned
The team that just went up to the first division was last in the second division after 24 games (of like 50 total). After a couple of other qualification rounds they mest the a bottom team in the first league(Modo), playing for a spot in the first league. In a best of 7 series.

In case you heard about Modo, they have "raised" Peter Forsberg, sedins, Näslund, Hedman and many others.

The series:
Modo - Leksand 5-0 (shots 31-26)
Leksand - Modo 0-4 (shots 32-24)
Modo - Leksans 1-2 (shots 33-22)
Leksand - Modo 2-1 (13-30)
Modo - Leksand 7-1 (30-28)
Leksand - Modo 5-4 (27-33)
Modo - Leksand 3-4 OT (50-18)

This is insane, just blowouts one way and one goal games the other way.

Socreges

Banned
The team that just went up to the first division was last in the second division after 24 games (of like 50 total). After a couple of other qualification rounds they mest the a bottom team in the first league(Modo), playing for a spot in the first league. In a best of 7 series.

In case you heard about Modo, they have "raised" Peter Forsberg, sedins, Näslund, Hedman and many others.

The series:
Modo - Leksand 5-0 (shots 31-26)
Leksand - Modo 0-4 (shots 32-24)
Modo - Leksans 1-2 (shots 33-22)
Leksand - Modo 2-1 (13-30)
Modo - Leksand 7-1 (30-28)
Leksand - Modo 5-4 (27-33)
Modo - Leksand 3-4 OT (50-18)

This is insane, just blowouts one way and one goal games the other way.
Unbelievable.

Maxim Lapierre and Donald Brashear were/are on MODO. Didn't realize.

MODO will have to fight their way back next season. Should be interesting.

Unbelievable.

Maxim Lapierre and Donald Brashear were/are on MODO. Didn't realize.

MODO will have to fight their way back next season. Should be interesting.
Svartvadet and Forslund have run the organization ti the ground with washed up players like them.

Top Bottom