• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Foggy

Torts just wants to make Columbus great again

"again"

giphy.gif

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Nashville is garbage right now.

-Fuckawful turnovers
-Shit defense
-Most of the goal scorers have gone cold
-Rinne being as inconsistent as ever

This team won't make the playoffs without a major shakeup.

zroid

Banned
I don't know what to make of Toronto's xG numbers for the season. It's really strange how consistently they seem to outperform their corsi. Even in tonight's game, they got badly outshot and outpossessed, but according to score-adjusted xG the Leafs actually were better. Their season CF% is fine but it's nowhere near as good as their xGF%, and tonight was a prime example of why.

Socreges

Banned
Friend showed up to our party tonight without her hubby. Provided excuse. Got drunk, flirted with my friends. Realized hours later she wasn't wearing her ring and was separated. Holy fuck I feel awful now

.1 seconds!? GG jets, at least it didn't hurt Dave cameron's PP #s.

#1 in the Pacific boys!*

*with most games played
Crazy that they'd be out of the playoffs entirely with equal GP...yet are currently winning the Pacific

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't know what to make of Toronto's xG numbers for the season. It's really strange how consistently they seem to outperform their corsi. Even in tonight's game, they got badly outshot and outpossessed, but according to score-adjusted xG the Leafs actually were better. Their season CF% is fine but it's nowhere near as good as their xGF%, and tonight was a prime example of why.
There are so many random letters in this post that I thought it was cake boss pretending to be drunk again.

zroid

Banned
XGF% is just a better stat than corsi. More predictive.

It sort of is and sort of isn't. The Corsica model has not been shown to be more predictive than corsi, but the DTMA model has been shown to be as predictive as corsi on a team level, and more predictive than corsi on an individual level.

The numbers we look at usually are Corsica's since they're more readily available, so it's not so cut and dried. DTMA's model likes the Leafs too though.

Top Bottom