• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Antti Raanta pitches shutouts in consecutive games. You know who has never done that in the regular season in his career? Our backup, Henrik Lundqvist.

Raanta hasn't been scored on in the last 150:09. Only needed to make 19 saves in this one.

RedRum

Banned
Antti Raanta pitches shutouts in consecutive games. You know who has never done that in the regular season in his career? Our backup, Henrik Lundqvist.

Raanta hasn't been scored on in the last 150:09. Only needed to make 19 saves in this one.

Savage.

Filth

Lundqvist so mad hes gonna go home and watch video of when he won the olympics.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's the same phenomenon that we saw with Cam Talbot. The team, and particularly the defense, just plays way better when someone not named Henrik Lundqvist is in net. In the last 3 games, Raanta has faced 18, 26, and 19 shots respectively. In Hank's last 3, he faced 31, 28, and 32. It's like they need to lose their safety net in order to be motivated to do their damn jobs properly.

Anyway, I think you have to put Hank in on Tuesday at this point. Raanta just had 3 games in 4 nights, which is a lot for anybody, let alone a guy who doesn't start much to begin with. He needs a rest, and Hank needs back in. You'll need Raanta for at least one of the two road games later this week anyway since there's another back to back coming next weekend, including a rematch with these Devils.

calder

Nice for the old guys to finally do something. Perreault was on an epic slump.

@mirtle: Babcock on why he put Marner on the fourth line: "Well I've been watching the games." *silence*
Hmm maybe Nylander won't be the first one run out of town? 🤔

zroid

Banned
Czb-pdzWIAIG3NL.jpg

mou5.png

:lol

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Leafs could use a couple of rill gud pros like Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell. We'll take that fourth line plug Mitch Marner off your hands.

zroid

Banned
leafs had 99 shots attempts... holy shit
Jeffler tweeted that the Leafs had 41 scoring chances in this game -- this is the most any team has ever had since scoring chance data is available (2007). o_O

second most is the Rangers with 37 on March 24, 2010.

second most for the Leafs specifically is 27 on November 5, 2016

imBask

Banned
"yeah well you had MORE tanking picks than us so HAH take that" is such a great argument, I love seeing people argue over who has the least worse septic tank eventhough they're both leaking shit all over

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
"yeah well you had MORE tanking picks than us so HAH take that" is such a great argument, I love seeing people argue over who has the least worse septic tank eventhough they're both leaking shit all over

I'm not sure if this word salad is directed at me or not. Mainly because it didn't apply to anything that was said.

It's the same phenomenon that we saw with Cam Talbot. The team, and particularly the defense, just plays way better when someone not named Henrik Lundqvist is in net. In the last 3 games, Raanta has faced 18, 26, and 19 shots respectively. In Hank's last 3, he faced 31, 28, and 32. It's like they need to lose their safety net in order to be motivated to do their damn jobs properly.

Anyway, I think you have to put Hank in on Tuesday at this point. Raanta just had 3 games in 4 nights, which is a lot for anybody, let alone a guy who doesn't start much to begin with. He needs a rest, and Hank needs back in. You'll need Raanta for at least one of the two road games later this week anyway since there's another back to back coming next weekend, including a rematch with these Devils.

I know this sounds crazy... super crazy and hypothetical, but could New York send Hank to Vegas instead of Raanta?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers have now notched 20 wins in the first 30 games of a season for the 4th time in franchise history.

1941-42 (Stanley Cup Semifinals)
1971-72 (Stanley Cup Finals)
1993-94 (Stanley Cup Champions)
2016-17 (?????)

Rangers have now notched 20 wins in the first 30 games of a season for the 4th time in franchise history.

2016-17 (?????)

Seems like all you're missing now is a first round loss.

Socreges

Banned

2016-17 (Stanley Cup First Round Exit)
Seems strange to compare this season to an era that didn't have 3vs3 or SOs!

I haven't gotten to throw out enough of them this season. :D

Only one of our wins came in 3v3, and 0 in shootouts. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
There has been a step decline from previous years. Soon you'll only be around for the playoffs like alucard 😞

Yeah, it's hard to go to ot when you score 4+ goals a game.

calder

I wasn't watching but saw it on twitter - laine's stick is just too good for any goalie to withstand. Sadly this includes his own.

good on wheels to immediately try to pick him up

calder

Basically Laine remembered Ehlers' rifle of an own goal in OT in October and wanted to one up him. Encouraging to see that sort of competition between the young guys!

@JordanSmook in a year or two Laine can say he has scored on every NHL team.

@sadsackjetsfan: I'd like to see Matthews snipe one on his own goalie like that.
lol

Top Bottom