• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Cactus

Banned
Why's everyone on my Twitter feed happy about this trade? They need help of defence anyways, not centre. This makes no sense to me.

Smith and Gauthier both suck. Babcock doesn't trust the fourth line, and Boyle is a huge upgrade.

I'd say it's a good trade if Boyle sticks around after this season. Not so good trade if he walks.

Smith and Gauthier both suck. Babcock doesn't trust the fourth line, and Boyle is a huge upgrade.

I'd say it's a good trade if Boyle sticks around after this season. Not so good trade if he walks.

I get that he's an upgrade but why did they need to give up a second-rounder to get a rental upgrade in a season where everyone would still be happy if they missed the playoffs?

Cactus

Banned
I get that he's an upgrade but why did they need to give up a second-rounder to get a rental upgrade in a season where everyone would still be happy if they missed the playoffs?

Idk. Maybe an extension is being discussed?

John Shannon is saying that there haven't been talks, but I'm not sure how the hell he would know.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
a 2nd... blech

well if this permanently removes benny s from the lineup it might be worth it

still, a 2nd round pick for a 4th liner...

I don't know if you've noticed, but you guys aren't exactly dying for a 2nd rounder in a weak draft year at the moment.

zroid

Banned
not that it matters a ton but apparently it's the best 2017 2nd the Leafs own going to TB

the 2nd best is going to Dallas, and they still own the worst one

zroid

Banned
I don't know if you've noticed, but you guys aren't exactly dying for a 2nd rounder in a weak draft year at the moment.

I see it this way. If you're trading any meaningful asset for a 4th liner, you have bigger problems. It's not going to move the needle enough to make it worthwhile. True, the Leafs have one of the worst 4th lines in the league, but it's not like they couldn't have upgraded from within either. I guess what I'm saying is this is Babcock's fault. :mad:

I like it, that fourth line has needed something. We'll be glad to have him if we make the playoffs, and it's not like this is a crazy stacked draft.

Socreges

Banned
apparently confirmed

and we're playing the sens 3 times in a week

RIP Carey Price
Burrows doesn't run goalies...

His worst offenses are years behind him. At this point he's a somewhat slow agitator that will work his ass off at both ends of the ice and can play on any line. I loved having him on the Canucks, though I also recognize why other teams detested him.

Curufinwe

He actually has some decent underlying numbers, and not bad production to add to the bottom 6.

I am at the acceptance part.

484206.jpg

imBask

Banned
Burrows doesn't run goalies...

His worst offenses are years behind him. At this point he's a somewhat slow agitator that will work his ass off at both ends of the ice and can play on any line. I loved having him on the Canucks, though I also recognize why other teams detested him.

I get that but the Canucks are a much classier organization than the stupid Sens who will shamelessly run goons Bruins-style

Cake Boss

Banned
Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 44s44 seconds ago
More
Alex Burrows is closer to Ottawa than ever. He agreed to waive is no-trade clause to play with the #senators #tvasports

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

fuckk offfff

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Two years?
LOL

Who is going back to Vancouver?

I'll miss Burrows, he's a great character guy for the team

Not the same he used to be but a great story nonetheless.

Losing Burrows&Hansen at the same time makes the team lose a lot of character...

Top Bottom