• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

CrankyJay

Banned
Not looking forward to the Sabres game tomorrow, they're going to be sluggish (no pun intended with old logo). Hopefully the win energizes them.

Heretic

You think "kicking motion" is clear?
You think "kicking motion" means the same thing to every ref / video replay judge in the league?

isn't it the same people in the situation room? and there's only one kicking motion in soccer. That's actually what I was responding to.

UQQ3GRd.png

Oh NHL.com. Why not make a pun about vans?

And clearly this confirms a Buffalo vs St Louis cup final!!
oF0jNIb.png

You think "kicking motion" is clear?
You think "kicking motion" means the same thing to every ref / video replay judge in the league?

I think it's pretty clear. Whether or not it get called correctly (one I remember is Vancouver/LA in the playoffs a couple of years ago), a distinct kicking motion is a distinct kicking motion

What an end, hate that I missed the game. My wife updated me a bit. She thought Vanek looked slow in the beginning did he pick it up? Love seeing a 5 pt game for him. How did the young Russian do?

CrankyJay

Banned
What an end, hate that I missed the game. My wife updated me a bit. She thought Vanek looked slow in the beginning did he pick it up? Love seeing a 5 pt game for him. How did the young Russian do?

I thought Grigorenko looked good...but he had such limited ice time. Had one great no-look pass in front of the net that didn't amount to anything and drew a penalty on a different play. Decent game for him.

I thought Grigorenko looked good...but he had such limited ice time. Had one great no-look pass in front of the net that didn't amount to anything and drew a penalty on a different play. Decent game for him.

Dare I mutter, "Ruff" without being accused of whining?

5 games of limited ice time won't tell us shit about the kid. Glad to hear he was decent otherwise.

Fit in fine, but I thought at some point Ruff should have given him a look on one of the top two lines. Especially once they were up by two.

Playing with Hecht/Ott/Kaleta isn't going to be pushing him to see what his limits are. He ended up only playing about 11 minutes because he wasn't on special teams.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Was too busy getting drunk last night to pay attention to anything other than Habs/Leafs. Holy shit Schneider got lit up.

Fuck the Leafs.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
And Mursak is already out with an upper body injury... aka him getting slammed into the boards by a Blues player who is a foot taller and probably weighs 50 lbs more.

Probably broken collar bone. And maybe even finished NHL season or even career.

Interesting enough that he missed several games during lockout in EBEL leauge due to 'shoulder injury'...

Fit in fine, but I thought at some point Ruff should have given him a look on one of the top two lines. Especially once they were up by two.

Playing with Hecht/Ott/Kaleta isn't going to be pushing him to see what his limits are. He ended up only playing about 11 minutes because he wasn't on special teams.

Yea this is what I'm worried about. But some may argue he would be able to elevate the players around him on any line if he's a star. This seems like a more rare opportunity for the franchise, I would hate to have it hampered by the conservatism and favoritism of Ruff.

Have to admit I love seeing Philly 0-2. Not because of anyone on GAF, but a personal acquaintance who annoys me about them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Luongo starting tomorrow? Damn, way to stir up more controversy, was hoping Schneider would get a couple starts regardless of his play -sigh-... Even if it's a back to back...

RC

Banned
Luongo starting tomorrow? Damn, way to stir up more controversy, was hoping Schneider would get a couple starts regardless of his play -sigh-... Even if it's a back to back...

Imagine if Luongo gets pulled tonight. On second thought, don't.

Montresor

$5.25 is a bit much for Lupul when he's only had one stellar year. Hopefully he continues lighting it up with Kessel though, because IF (and that's a big if) he and Kessel continue to perform well, then $5.25 will end up being great.

$5.25 is a bit much for Lupul when he's only had one stellar year. Hopefully he continues lighting it up with Kessel though, because IF (and that's a big if) he and Kessel continue to perform well, then $5.25 will end up being great.

It's worth it because 5 more years of looking at his sexy eyes and beastlyness.

It's only a million more per year than he was making. I think he's earned it.

Spl1nter

Comaslowreck for Bishop and a 2nd lol

It's not that I don't like Loops, I just think he had one stellar year after years of mediocrity. Just worried this won't pay off.

There were quite a few times he was the best player on that line/team last season. He uses his body really well and adds good size even though he is not a very big player. Plus he is a leader and excellent with the media. A presence that is needed and not easily replaced in the market.

His injury issues are over exaggerated. Blood infection is unrelated to hockey. Last year he was already injured and pushed to hard which caused the separated shoulder. If we weren't right in the hunt at that point he probably could of sat a couple games to recoup.

He wasnt up to speed last night but thats understandable. Other than the marlie players, komarov, kessel, and liles everyone else was slow. Kessel isnt at top speed but was still flying, generated both goals. Hard to judge nevertheless when it was such a poor habs performance.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeah... FUCK.

Controversy second game into the season.
Pull the starter partway through every game regardless of performance. Controversy avoided.

Holy Moses! Lupul's raise and extension... I guess it's ok given how well he played offensively last year, and we already did re-sign Grabovski to 5.5 per, so the bar was already set. There's also that, when Lupul has been healthy, he's been a pretty good forward. His one bad year was with Edmonton, which explains that.

But compared to the Edler deal - which I think is exactly what a player like that should earn, and even though I shouldn't make the comparison - it's feels like an overpayment.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
He's starting tonight.
I think it's the right move. Vigneault said all along that Luongo would start tonight. He's basically saying, "last night was an aberration. We're not going to let 1 bad game from Schneider change our plans." He's downplaying it. And he should; it was just 1 game.

The only people crying "OMG GOALIE CONTROVERSY" are the media. It'll take at least a week or two of Schneider shitting the bed to make it a true goalie controversy.

Other than goals and assists the stats arent very similar.

Sigh.

I'm not saying that Edler isn't a good player - he is, and his upside is potentially greater than Wideman's. I'm saying that he's paid about what other 23/24 minute, 35-45 average point guys are paid.

Top Bottom