• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Injury risk, though. Especially for the goalies.
That's why there should be some incentive for the winning team (like in baseball's all-star game). Players run risk of injury in every single game they play! I understand that this single off-shoot game isn't regulation, but man... ASG is supposed to be about the best players in the league. It only follows then that the fans want to see the best players playing their best.

Oh well though - it might be fun in a different way to see a high-scoring romp.

Cake Boss

Banned
FFIV is great. I played the DS version. I also think FFV is great too. Fuck FFX and FFXIII though.

Woah

flZmSgp.gif

Montresor

For some reason I didn't think players in the NHL would've been so savvy with regards to how the media discusses the NHL at large. That was a silly thought in retrospect. Tons of embarrassing storylines from the Leafs media were twisted into pleasantly positive and light-hearted ways at the draft. I loved seeing:

1) Toews poking fun at the "Kessel is uncoachable" remark
2) Toews picking Kessel first, after he got so much grief for being picked last a couple of years ago
3) Ovechkin wanting to be picked last himself to win a car, after having poked fun at Kessel's last pick + car prize years ago
4) Toews and Foligno conspiring to make sure Ovechkin was then not picked last.
5) Toews and Foligno trading Kessel for Seguin and 15 1st round picks

Samyy

For some reason I didn't think players in the NHL would've been so savvy with regards to how the media discusses the NHL at large. That was a silly thought in retrospect. Tons of embarrassing storylines from the Leafs media were twisted into pleasantly positive and light-hearted ways at the draft. I loved seeing:

1) Toews poking fun at the "Kessel is uncoachable" remark
2) Toews picking Kessel first, after he got so much grief for being picked last a couple of years ago
3) Ovechkin wanting to be picked last himself to win a car, after having poked fun at Kessel's last pick + car prize years ago
4) Toews and Foligno conspiring to make sure Ovechkin was then not picked last.
5) Toews and Foligno trading Kessel for Seguin and 15 1st round picks

I definitely think that the players pay a lot of attention to what goes on in the media. Even Carey Price made a joke with Kessel, he saw some dude wearing a Kessel jersey and asked Kessel if he thought he might throw it on the ice :(.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I definitely think that the players pay a lot of attention to what goes on in the media. Even Carey Price made a joke with Kessel, he saw some dude wearing a Kessel jersey and asked Kessel if he thought he might throw it on the ice :(.

B-b-b-but the Toronto media says they aren't bad!

Colorado executive vice president and GM Joe Sakic shrugged off trade rumors involving Ryan O'Reilly. "I know there are rumors out there. I saw them the last couple of days, but I can tell you that all the rumors come from Toronto, they don't come from us," Sakic said. "What we are going to do is see where our team is down the stretch. He's a core guy. We have him under contract for another year. Those decisions don't have to be made right now. And Ryan, he had a tough start along with our other guys, but he's been much better in the last few weeks as well, and we're happy with the direction him and those other guys are going right now."
HFBoards pls

C'mon man

It's for the kids.
The kids like me!

All this negativity is killing my vibe. This is my first all-star game, and based on some responses here it seems like the only way it's even possible to enjoy an ASG is if you don't know any better.

Since this is new to me, I don't know any better. I'll be happy living in my delusional bubble for the next three hours.

Samyy

The kids like me!

All this negativity is killing my vibe. This is my first all-star game, and based on some responses here it seems like the only way it's even possible to enjoy an ASG is if you don't know any better.

Since this is new to me, I don't know any better. I'll be happy living in my delusional bubble for the next three hours.

Don't worry, I enjoy it too - just have it on in the background.
It is what it is, some people are just too jaded to enjoy anything :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like Strombo, and I think he's good at what he does, but he still doesn't seem to fit into the whole HNiC thing. Feels really out of place, maybe he'll be better next season.

They should get rid of the all star game
Did anyone really miss it the last two years?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
the only reason to watch this is to see if they pull ypup some badass puck/player tracking charts

Samyy

Its kinda gross how all those MSM guys are embracing the new NHL analytics stuff just because they think it means analytics bloggers will die off.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I like Strombo, and I think he's good at what he does, but he still doesn't seem to fit into the whole HNiC thing. Feels really out of place, maybe he'll be better next season.

Did anyone really miss it the last two years?
I just don't like him. He seems to forget he's a host and jumps in when the analysts (even if they suck) are making their points. I do think he'd be better as an interviewer and host of Q would be better suited for him.

Top Bottom