• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
This is pretty much a real life version of EASHL
Speaking of NHL 15, I played a game online last night, just 1 v 1 and it's painfully obvious that the game is just broken.

The fact I couldn't beat a guy 20-1 after he gave up control of his player in the 2nd period blows my mind. It's almost as if the CPU knew he just walked away and became unbeatable. Every time his players gained control of the puck in his zone against the boards, it took me like 10 seconds of real time to strip the puck away because just hitting the guy doesn't knock it loose and poke checking just puts it back on his stick over and over again. It's mind blowing how dumb their system is. Whenever I could actually get the puck, his 4 AI guys would just swarm me and intercept every pass and be in perfect position. It's stupid that you have a better team and chance to win by NOT playing the game. I was only able to score one goal to tie it then had to win in a shootout.

/end rant

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Healy bringing up Kreider in the playoffs to Price while he has 3 guys around him because he ate paint chips as a kid

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder if they put this back to East/West then made the winner have significance later in the season like in baseball. Like in the Finals, the winning conference gets home ice advantage.

Problem with that is that these guys don't want to hurt each other in a game like this and the fans want to see goals.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wonder if they put this back to East/West then made the winner have significance later in the season like in baseball. Like in the Finals, the winning conference gets home ice advantage.

Problem with that is that these guys don't want to hurt each other in a game like this and the fans want to see goals.
I want some kind of incentive to make them play, but home ice in the playoffs is too important to leave up to this.

Please no. I don't want this to have any significance outside of a fun little break.

ZeroGravity

That was the stupidest decision in MLB history and no sport should ever repeat it.

Draconian

Nobody likes that. There's no need to add significance to what's supposed to be a meaningless game.

zroid

Banned
B8OtB85CAAE_pbz.jpg

trifelife

Why do you say that? I quite like it, since it makes the ASG an actual worthwhile experience

If there's a serious outcome the players should probably be appointed by something other than fan balloting. Also most players would rather have the time off. Plus there's injury risk and pitcher usage is areally sensitive issue. It's a mess.

It devalues an entire season's worth of baseball at the expense of an exhibition game.
I like how it unites all of the team members for a common cause - I don't personally see it as a devaluing of the season, but I can understand why other people would.

If there's a serious outcome the players should probably be appointed by something other than fan balloting. Also most players would rather have the time off. Plus there's injury risk and pitcher usage is areally sensitive issue. It's a mess.
Yeah, fan ballots are lame when the all-star game actually has a consequence.

The rest of the mess you described though is all part of the fun!

Moving on to a worse topic - I know a girl who made out with Pete from Fallout Boy. I'm not sure if she felt any shame from it, but I sure as hell hope so

Top Bottom