• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Haha. Slovakia so excited they can't even wait till the end of the game to jump on the ice. Still had 3 seconds to go when everyone left the bench.

Quick

Banned
Not gonna be able to watch Canada vs. Commies.

Canada better show those commies who the best people are at bathrooms.

Starting the following hockey program to get back on my feet...

On the Edge is a great transition from learning the basic fundamentals of Ice Hockey, to developing those skills to a higher skill level. This course is designed for those who completed the intro to hockey classes and would like to develop edge work, skating power and stick handling skills before they head to Adult Intermediate.

I haven't skated since I was a goalie. Will be interesting trying to get my feet and puckhandling skills back. I expect a few open ice sessions in the weeks leading up should help with that.

Damn, nothing in the world tastes better than that first ice cold Sprite in the morning after you've been up all night with the flu throwing up. Sweet nectar of life.

Delishhh.

I was having cold ice coffee during withdrawls. The cold sips were refreshment to the max, the milk lined the stomach and the caffeine eased stimulant urges.

Oh god I don't want to go to work tomorrow. 16 days off isn't nearly enough, dammit!

Ugh even worse now everyone is back today and I'm starting to see emails asking for crap already. I love that the last two have asked for a reply ASAP, well I ain't thinking about shit until tomorrow sorry. Pro tip: always try to take one last day to make a shorter week back, an extra monday off at least kinda helps the pain. ;)

Feel ya. My plane from Brisbane didn't get in to Melbourne til midnight. Yesterday at work was absolute struggle town. Had to postpone a date I really wanted to go on.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...while I wanted Sweden to win for Nylander, I can't say Slovakia didn't deserve it after that heroic effort by Godla against Canada.

Is MacT licking his chops? D:

How is everything going post-rehab?

Goals, thanks. Being back home for the holidays had helped.

Temptation is goddamn everywhere though, and that's a challenge. Had a mimosa on xmas morning and two mid strength beers on NYE, the latter was enough to get me (responsibly) drunk which was weird. Usually it takes half a bottle of rum to get anywhere near that stage. (EDIT: I should reiterate, that was not the goal).

Nevertheless, head has never been more clearer. No more paranoia or weak strength from muscle degeneration.

Friends are being awesome about the whole thing, but they're also having lots of fun without me. Suffering from FOMO (fear of missing out) as a consequence, but we've planned plenty of sober things which we're doing (movies this weekend, dinner, normal people stuff etc).

Ultimately, the fear of having to go back to rehab is keeping me on the straight and narrow. And that's just fine with me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, let's DO THIS!

Last few times I watched a Rus/Can final, we've lost.

SAVE US, MCJESUS! You might as well get a gold now cause lord knows you ain't getting anything playing for the Oil.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Goals, thanks. Being back home for the holidays had helped.

Temptation is goddamn everywhere though, and that's a challenge. Had a mimosa on xmas morning and two mid strength beers on NYE, the latter was enough to get me (responsibly) drunk which was weird. Usually it takes half a bottle of rum to get anywhere near that stage. (EDIT: I should reiterate, that was not the goal).

Nevertheless, head has never been more clearer. No more paranoia or weak strength from muscle degeneration.

Friends are being awesome about the whole thing, but they're also having lots of fun without me. Suffering from FOMO (fear of missing out) as a consequence, but we've planned plenty of sober things which we're doing (movies this weekend, dinner, normal people stuff etc).

Ultimately, the fear of having to go back to rehab is keeping me on the straight and narrow. And that's just fine with me.

Good to hear that you're making progress, and it's especially good to hear that your friends are being supportive and accommodating you. I can understand feeling like you're missing out, but just remember that the stuff you're missing out on is what you were trying to get away from in the first place.

Montreal Canadiens great Bryan Allen?

We're delaying the raising of the #8 banner so we can raise Bryan Allens number instead.

Good to hear that you're making progress, and it's especially good to hear that your friends are being supportive and accommodating you. I can understand feeling like you're missing out, but just remember that the stuff you're missing out on is what you were trying to get away from in the first place.

Exactly.

Cheers bud.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe this tournament can convince Bergevin to approach Groulx for the Hamilton coaching job. Anybody other than Sylvain fucking Lefebvre, but I've been a fan of Groulx's for a while, already has AHL experience too.

Top Bottom