• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

I love the Toronto media.

Randy Carlyle got fired? Let's focus on Phil Kessel.

lol

I heard Daren Millard declare yesterday that Kessel (paraphrasing) now has to prove he IS 'coachable'. How he would prove that and to whom was left to the listener's imagination.

idyhqpvzVPjZq.png
i've had so many accounts banned. the last account got flat out deleted. :lol

MOD ABUSE!!!

Heretic

Oh snap, that price point. My wife told me that I'm not allowed to get any because "they're probably going to be $300 or something." I am going to compile her Bloomingdale's spending over the past few months and show it to her in a Power Point presentation as a counter to this line of thinking. There will be pages of graphs and charts indicating that we will lose money if we don't purchase several Teemu jerseys at $500 each.

Are these only going to be for sale during Teemu night? My mind blanked earlier and I was thinking that was in February and that these were going to be available during the run-up to that game.

Sale of the jerseys start on Sunday. Supposedly there's $600,000 worth of jerseys available for the foundation.

zroid

Banned
There is a Toronto sports reporter arguing that the only reason people watch sports is because of the narratives which media create.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hate the Toronto media so much.

Feigning ignorance and pushing their agendas under the pretense that they are speaking for the fans.

Right now the trifecta of shut the fuck up in Toronto: Dave Feschuk, Steve Simmons, Rosie DiManno.

Yes I know you want to say Damien Cox too but a few times a year he actually does write some good pieces. It's rare but it happens. I can't think of the last time any of those 3 above wrote anything worthwhile.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I just go looking to get extra tickets for next week's Rangers-Islanders game because my sister is coming to town next week and despite being a Rangers fan just about as long as I have she's never ever actually seen the Rangers at Madison Square Garden (she sees them in Florida almost every time they're down there, and we used to see them play the Devils a lot in the Meadowlands as kids), and HOLY FUCK ARE THESE TICKETS EXPENSIVE. These are like Stanley Cup Final expensive. There are seats a couple rows away from my normal upper bowl seat for $750. The get-in cheapest seat is over $210.

Socreges

Banned
There is a Toronto sports reporter arguing that the only reason people watch sports is because of the narratives which media create.
I read the article at lunch. He's not arguing that exactly ("only"). And he almost makes a decent point, that the media circus helps sustain the Leafs' perceived entertainment value. Ultimately he takes the argument to an absurd, unchecked conclusion, trying to at once rationalise and fellate the role of the media in Toronto. The Globe and Mail is slowly becoming 'Sun-esque', whereas it was once the remaining bastion of legitimate newspaper journalism in Canada.

tl;dr Kessel is fat

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I read the article at lunch. He's not arguing that exactly ("only"). And he almost makes a decent point, that the media circus helps sustain the Leafs' perceived entertainment value. Ultimately he takes the argument to an absurd, unchecked conclusion, trying to at once rationalise and fellate the role of the media in Toronto. The Globe and Mail is slowly becoming 'Sun-esque', whereas it was once the remaining bastion of legitimate newspaper journalism in Canada.

tl;dr Kessel is fat

I blame the Bruce Arthur/Cathal Kelly swap.

zroid

Banned

tl;dr Kessel is fat

I didn't actually read the article, just overheard some comments about it on twitter, so fair enough. :p

But yes needless to say Cathal Kelly is a twat.

zychi

Banned
Wish I could be more excited about the Blackhawks/Wild game tonight but both teams have been playing like ass lately.

Yeah, went to the game Sunday, they seemed tired. Watched on Tues, same thing. Gonna just have it on my second monitor as I play some games

Sharpie!!!

I'd rather have Carcillo than Nordstrom. Nordstrom has done absofuckinglutely nothing.

carcillo is just as bad. At least Nordstrom has some sort of talent instead of skating around like a fucking idiot the entire time.

Carcillo stepping in and Teuvo being a healthy scratch is an absolute joke though. Q's grit bullshit and his issues with playing young players needs to be addressed.

Marvie_3

Banned
carcillo is just as bad. At least Nordstrom has some sort of talent instead of skating around like a fucking idiot the entire time.

Carcillo stepping in and Teuvo being a healthy scratch is an absolute joke though. Q's grit bullshit and his issues with playing young players needs to be addressed.

No. He doesn't. He's a worse version of Kruger with the exception that he doesn't fall down as much as Kruger.

Carcillo has been just fine this year. He's done exactly what he's been needed to do and outside of a couple bad penalties, he hasn't really done anything stupid. No problems with keeping him in the lineup.

No. He doesn't. He's a worse version of Kruger with the exception that he doesn't fall down as much as Kruger.

Carcillo has been just fine this year. He's done exactly what he's been needed to do and outside of a couple bad penalties, he hasn't really done anything stupid. No problems with keeping him in the lineup.

which would be fine if it was nordstrom being scratched instead of Teuvo.

Top Bottom