• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

PillarEN

Any NHLer or team acknowledging these marches? Specifically their local one (and every single NHL team obviously has one in their city)? Would be super cool to see support like that.

Any NHLer or team acknowledging these marches? Specifically their local one (and every single NHL team obviously has one in their city)? Would be super cool to see support like that.

American players are going with the cop out "He is our leader we should support him." So they're being completely spineless.

Considering most if not all owners are on #TeamTrump and the league being as vanilla as possible, you won't hear much, if anything.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A large majority of players are most likely Trump supporters, not that that should be surprising in any way.

imBask

Banned

they all voted for Trump, so no

and also in a league where celebrating a little too hard when you score a goal means you're a classless piece of shit, imagine taking a stance on politics

PillarEN

Hmm true. But then US NHL players make up like what 20% of the league? There aren't really many players that even have the right to vote.

calder

Some great passes and nice goals from the Jets today. Fefe just tied Laine for goal scoring lead.

Oh and pregame Maurice said Laine was doing well and skating and might be doing contact practice as soon as tomorrow. 👍

Erdrick

I've never heard of this Blues goalie before.

EDIT: and with another goal by Ehlers, I probably never will again after this game.

Holiday

Banned
I've never heard of this Blues goalie before.

EDIT: and with another goal by Ehlers, I probably never will again after this game.
He just got called up, and of the 5 goals, maybe one has been his fault, and since Allen has gone full-Ankiel, Copley should stick around.

Some great passes and nice goals from the Jets today. Fefe just tied Laine for goal scoring lead.

Oh and pregame Maurice said Laine was doing well and skating and might be doing contact practice as soon as tomorrow. 👍

Finnish Kessel is almost back. Exciting!

calder

Jets win! Beat the Blues at home for first time ever I think!
goalgeuzs.gif

Even better, while Pavs played well in the second he coughs up a few late to remind ppl he actually does suck!
taejaclapqyjit.gif

Jets the next team to get a 10+ win streak?

Laine will be back soon and continue where he left off (7pts in last 4 games).. Pavelec looks like an actual NHL goalie..

could happen!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
First official press conference.

Press speaker complaining that the media reported about Obama's inauguration crowd having been bigger than Trump's. Calling them out as fake news.

what. a. fucking. child.

Quick

Banned

Press speaker complaining that the media reported about Obama's inauguration crowd having been bigger than Trump's. Calling them out as fake news.

what. a. fucking. child.

Let's give him a chance! Maybe he's not so bad!

They said.

calder

what. a. fucking. child.

@ggreenwald: The goal, again, is clear: discredit all sources of information except themselves (and the messengers who are unfailingly loyal).
@jayrosen_nyu: The clip of Sean Spicer walking out, using reporters as hate objects, and leaving without taking a single question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjjVMAdWm4&t=93m28s

He may be more of an immediate disaster than I thought and I had assumed he'd be a nightmare for the whole fucking world.

Quick

Banned
Even Don's complaining about Paul Romanuk lol

He may be more of an immediate disaster than I thought and I had assumed he'd be a nightmare for the whole fucking world.

Curious how the news adapts to Trumpism.

He's probably going to follow through on banning some press, and he's legitimizing alt-right sources. It's worrisome to imagine the US press in four years after Trump continues to try and chop them down or bend them to his will.

Erdrick

Laine has all restrictions removed so now he can full on practice with the team. Closer and closer to being back... Can't wait.

Top Bottom