• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Again, why is it rather obvious? He just had two good seasons in a row...

It's not like expecting a good season was unreasonable.

2011-12 GAA 2.83 PCT 0.913
2013-13 GAA 1.69 PCT 0.941

Not just "Two good seasons" he played at a dramatically higher level of play last season and was the main reason Ottawa did so well.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
2011-12 GAA 2.83 PCT 0.913
2013-13 GAA 1.69 PCT 0.941

Not just "Two good seasons" he played at a dramatically higher level of play last season and was the main reason Ottawa did so well.

Yes he was.

That said I don't think any Sens fan really expected him to keep up those same numbers, though some probably did expect him to contend for the Vezina (and he has proven that he can play at that level, which is why it's not unreasonable).

There were many Sens fans who, last season, actually wanted to trade Anderson while his value was high because many of us did realize he probably couldn't post those kind of numbers again.

I hope Tegan and Sara get the fuck out of my face and never return.

Eox2LoB.gif

zroid

Banned
Lol, it's hot in the stadium? I get wanting to keep the roof closed thanks to rain, but I thought at least they'd equilibrate with outside climate. Some "outdoor" game...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
He's a 32 year old career back-up.

Thinking his Vezina year was anything but a fluke is unreasonable.

Except he hasn't been a back up for close to 5 years now?

Using age to define goalies is pointless considering goalies are cut from a different cloth. Tim Thomas won a Vezina at 35 after being a career minor leaguer.

Red_Man

I agree with this, I don't think Anderson is going to be as good this year, and he's a big part of why Ottawa won so many 1 goal games.

As for Anderson, I laughed because he's been great ever since he started playing here. He's not just going to suddenly shit the bed, and if he somehow does Lehner is more than capable.

Lots of people picked Ottawa to be at the top or near the top of the East prior to the season starting too.

I have no idea who Tegan and Sara are, but I'm just going to guess it's terrible just like all the other artists the NHL gets for the outdoor games.

Red_Man

This is the first time I've seen Sarah Mclachlan on my tv without feeling the need to pick it up and throw it out my window.

On reports Habs recently pitched a 7-year, $49M offer to Subban... I can tell you the Habs & PK's camp haven't spoken in a while. So, yeah.

While Habs goal is to ink Markov to extension, quietly talking to teams about deadline deal too. Kings are one of them (partner for Doughty).......Habs goal is to re-sign Markov but....dude wants 4 years at age 35 for big $. Heard 2 West teams including LA interested

4 years? Get out of here.

Lots of people picked Ottawa to be at the top or near the top of the East prior to the season starting too.

Think you need to work on your reading comprehension skills there if you want to be Socreges Jr. on here.

I never expected him to match anything he did last year, he was solid ever since he came here and I wanted more of the same, never thought he'd be this bad where he's single handedly the reason we lose games. He's posting a .908 now which is worse than anything he did before here.

As for being near the top ... yeah well I got nothing there except never expected our shitbagging cheapass owner to refuse to re-sign our captain. All I got lol.

zedge

Yeah they have at least a half dozen songs I really like. For that alone I'd say they are the best music act ever for an outdoor game that I can recall... low bar I know.

Indeed. :D

Really like the Sens jerseys. Canucks not so much.

Red_Man

Think you need to work on your reading comprehension skills there if you want to be Socreges Jr. on here.

I never expected him to match anything he did last year, he was solid ever since he came here and I wanted more of the same, never thought he'd be this bad where he's single handedly the reason we lose games. He's posting a .908 now which is worse than anything he did before here.

I guess we're on different stances of his value to the team. You thought the team could still be a playoff team with him playing at a decent level of play, where as I thought they would have a lot of trouble if he wasn't playing like Tim Thomas every night. Just glad he's not turning into Patrick Roy every time we play you guys now :lol

Edit: 4 on 4 hockey is the best

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first time I've seen Sarah Mclachlan on my tv without feeling the need to pick it up and throw it out my window.

4 years? Get out of here.

C'mon Subban, 7 million a year isn't peanuts.

Edit: 8 years is max right, why didn't they go 8 at 56?

Acid08

Banned
Sharks win!

Gg Devils fans. Man, Stalock is awesome. Wondering if we're going to see an '06 Ward or '10 Halak kind of situation come playoff time. Nemo has been struggling all year and Stalock has been far better in the starts he has gotten.

Sharks win!

Gg Devils fans. Man, Stalock is awesome. Wondering if we're going to see an '06 Ward or '10 Halak kind of situation come playoff time. Nemo has been struggling all year and Stalock has been far better in the starts he has gotten.

It'll be a 2006 Toskala/Nabokov situation.

You're going to lose in the second round.

RC

Banned
There some Surrey type folk making fun of of a cake boss sounding kind of guy. Also Bieksa's mascara is running.

Top Bottom