• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nothing stops this Train.

And unlike most, I called it here before the season started...or pretty damn early. I forget when I first posted it here.
Whoever quotes all of your posts when the Caps are eliminated in the second round with deserve a medal

Bloody good game Habs-age.

Your Pacific Division Leading Anaheim Ducks of Anaheim

ME LADS

tumblr_noh76nHVWj1slgoado1_500.gif

Socreges

Banned
October feels like so long ago

Not so long ago to forget certain gems. This conversation had immediate promise:

Too early? Yes. But who cares...

y1u1zlR.png

Q6tFqDM.png

Bonus:
ZJyYW0D.png

From @DTMAboutHeart, a hockey-graphs.com writer.

Detroit taking such a big hit isn't a surprise to anyone who's not a Red Wings fan

Posting playoff odds before the first month of the season is over is a Tabris move.

The first 10 games of a season are often pretty indicative of where teams will end up

Obviously shit happens like the Senators run, but on average having a poor start is really difficult to over come.

Well, it isn't so much that it's difficult to overcome. It's that poor teams often have poor starts and great teams often have great starts. But the statistics, as you've demonstrated, most definitely 'allow' for great teams to have poor starts and turn it around. And vice versa.

I think it's crazy that, if they were in the Central instead of the Pacific, the Ducks playoffs odds would already be around 20%. But they are lucky that they only have to catch the third best team in the Pacific, which should be doable. The chart terrifies me as a Jets fan because it shows how we need another Central team, probably the Hawks or Stars, to continue or start sucking enough for us to finish ahead of them. And damn that's kinda hard to imagine, which means that even playing as well as they are (good, not great) and banking some points early it's going to be extremely tough to make it.

Naturally, all right thinking hockey fans are hoping the Ducks skid continues so they fire Boudreau and hire Carlyle again, because holy shit would that be funny.

There's nothing I hate more than the "we're so unlucky" excuse, but that's honestly kind of what I've observed. Especially in the Colorado game, where we had an absolutely massive number of our shots blocked. I can't find the exact stat, but I believe they were saying on the radio right after the game that the number was in the 40s.

Solo

If AGally must play wing, he's way better on the right. That left hand shot is great for one-timers and off-wing snipes,which are how most of his recent goals have come.

It's almost as if I was right! Seriously though, they even said last night that 12 of his 19 goals have come from the right side this season. There is something to that. He's got that amazing Cammy-esque one-time release which frankly they should be exploiting all the time. Dude is on pace for a nice 25G 25A 50 PT season, which is great for 22 years old, but with more icetime, better linemates and better utilization there's no reason why he couldn't become a 70 point player.

2 great snipes last night.

Cake Boss

Banned
Trades Prince away, justifies it by saying its to make space for Puempel.

Signs Gomez, Puempel scratched 13th forward now.

I guess Puempel really did take over Prince's spot.

All Bran logic.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Rick Nash has finally returned. He's traveling with the team and riding the stationary bike outside the Rangers locker room. Expect him back in about 2 weeks.

By the time he returns, he'll have been out for just about two months. I hope that break sort of resets his body into thinking it's the start of a new season rather than playoffs time. Regular Season Rick Nash in the playoffs sure would be a sight to see.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jesper Fast also seems to have caught up to the team after being left behind in New York yesterday. He'll be skating this morning, so he might actually be available to play and spare the Rangers from having to make a call-up after all.

Top Bottom