• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Quick

Banned
Soon........

dalyoilersp5suv.png

giphy.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rick Nash skated this morning for about 15 minutes. Seems really pleased with how it went and feels like he just needs some time to build up his conditioning. Barring any setbacks, he's on target to return in 10-14 days.

The Capitals and surging Ducks and Blackhawks have done a great job of keeping what the Rangers have been doing without Rick Nash in the lineup nice and quietly under the radar.

imBask

Banned
i'm excited for No Man's Sky, but i'm not preordering shit. I still wanna wait and watch some streams before I make my decision

Socreges

Banned
They remind me of why I like to not post.
But you're one of the good ones

This is why everyone here is so negative. You post one positive thing and it gets thrown back in your face if you're wrong.

Habs to lose every remaining game this year, book it!
To be fair, I try to only mock those that are negative and trashing other teams that eventually pass them with ease. ;)

Quick

Banned
I'll back Soc up on this, in that he only ever brings up post history when it's warranted.

People mocking the Ducks in October, only to see them now lead the Pacific (err, tied with the Kings) is Detective Soc-worthy.

Honestly the Recent History With Soc is fun for a number of reasons. Just pretend that every time you post a little text bubble appears saying "Soc will remember this." Who knows, you may get lucky and say some crazy shit that comes true.

imBask

Banned

Marvie_3

Banned
Dale Weise finally making his debut tonight. Teuvo and Fleischmann have looked really good together so far. Hopefully Weise makes those two even bettter.

Also sounds like Hossa should be back this weekend.

looks good and I trust Brad's opinion. No Man's Sky is a weird ass phenomenon, the game looked great, but people said it looked too great to be good so everyone joined the cynicism bandwagon for some weird reason

Pre-ordering is still a no-on

Because everyone's been burned before. I remember Spore. With this game in particular though it was pretty clear from the getgo that they knew what they were doing. I try to reserve my cynicism for the triple A bullshit.

looks good and I trust Brad's opinion. No Man's Sky is a weird ass phenomenon, the game looked great, but people said it looked too great to be good so everyone joined the cynicism bandwagon for some weird reason

Pre-ordering is still a no-on

The game could end up being bad, but I'm pre-purchasing since it's doing something different.

I think it'll be cool though, I'm cautiously optimistic.

imBask

Banned
The game could end up being bad, but I'm pre-purchasing since it's doing something different.

I think it'll be cool though, I'm cautiously optimistic.

that's the right attitude to have. I'm waiting to see if The Division will crash and burn before buying it. I played the beta, it was hella fun, but I want to know if the whole game is just as good and I don't trust Ubisoft

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 14m 14 minutes ago
Nash, played w/Eric Staal as a teenager, isn't worried about fitting back in. “The point I’m at in my career, I want to win a championship."

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 13m 13 minutes ago
Nash: "If that means playing a different role than I did before, it doesn’t matter to me…He’s (Staal) a great guy to have on your team.”

Looking forward to a 4th line of Glass-Moore-Nash.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
that's the right attitude to have. I'm waiting to see if The Division will crash and burn before buying it. I played the beta, it was hella fun, but I want to know if the whole game is just as good and I don't trust Ubisoft

I should wait on the Division since I was burned by Destiny, but I really dug the beta so I'm going to get it day 1.

I wasn't at all interested in Division because of Destiny and Ubisoft. If people say it's good I might check it out. Though there were a bunch of people with Stockholm syndrome saying Destiny was good too.

imBask

Banned
I wasn't at all interested in Division because of Destiny and Ubisoft. If people say it's good I might check it out. Though there were a bunch of people with Stockholm syndrome saying Destiny was good too.

It's a weird mix between Destiny and DayZ in some ways. I was BLOWN AWAY by the beta, my expectations were on the floor and now i'm considering buying it day 1 (but I won't)

I'm friends with someone who has no chill re: games and buys just about any major release even if there's a huge chance he won't like it. He bought me The Division so he'd have someone to play with. I can't wait to see how fucked up the PC version ends up being.

Socreges

Banned
I'm playing Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn right now. Bloodborne and Witcher 3 sitting on the shelf. *shrug* I'll get to the new games once their graphics are no longer impressive, I guess.

Quick

Banned
I liked Destiny for about a couple of weeks.

I did participate in the beta, but there definitely didn't feel like anything more than that after that new game phase wore off.

imBask

Banned
Destiny was a good game. I just gave up because I don't feel like spending 60$ in DLC when we already know Destiny 2 is coming

Socreges

Banned
Good man right here. That's the second best FE.
First is... Blazing Sword? PoR/RD are my favourites for sure.

I want to get Conquest but told myself I needed to finish Radiant Dawn first. Amazing game but massive and hard to commit consistent time too.

First is... Blazing Sword? PoR/RD are my favourites for sure.

I want to get Conquest but told myself I needed to finish Radiant Dawn first. Amazing game but massive and hard to commit consistent time too.

Path of Radiance is my favorite, but I'll always have a crazy soft spot for the first one in NA on the GBA because of those sprite animations.

Awakening is my favorite FE out of the 10 or so I've played.

Conquest has been pretty good so far, but the story is the worst in the series. Havent started birthright yet

I wasn't too hyped for the Division, and the single player stuff in the Beta was a bit lackluster. Then I went to the Dark Zone.

Never stopped having fun after that. Day one.

Still play Black Ops 3 almost daily though. Now that is a quality MP game.

calder

I'll back Soc up on this, in that he only ever brings up post history when it's warranted.

People mocking the Ducks in October, only to see them now lead the Pacific (err, tied with the Kings) is Detective Soc-worthy.

Meh, not really. It was the correct thing to do in October, they WERE terrible and they WERE playing themselves out of the playoff race with an Oilers-like sense of urgency.

To be fair, I try to only mock those that are negative and trashing other teams that eventually pass them with ease. ;)

I assumed you wanted to demonstrate how crazy right I was!

I'm more talking about the lack of anti-cheat measures. I'm betting it will be another Siege situation where it takes them months to implement anything.

Oh, right. :L

Though I'm pretty sure they fixed the 'bug' that allowed for rampant cheating in the closed beta.

That reminds me, I really want to get into Siege, but I have absolutely no time to devote to becoming not-awful enough to play online. Anyone here play it? Is the SP content decent?

calder

I wasn't too hyped for the Division, and the single player stuff in the Beta was a bit lackluster. Then I went to the Dark Zone.

Never stopped having fun after that. Day one.

Some random dude running up while I was killing some NPCs and then, somehow, getting targeted by my turret killed my enthusiasm. I had a bunch of shit, minute from extraction, then somehow that flags me as a rogue and like 4 ppl gun me down. Really soured me on the mode in general.

Oh, right. :L

Though I'm pretty sure they fixed the 'bug' that allowed for rampant cheating in the closed beta.

That reminds me, I really want to get into Siege, but I have absolutely no time to devote to becoming not-awful enough to play online. Anyone here play it? Is the SP content decent?

I'm fairly certain the ability to just edit xml files for infinite ammo remained. Which, come on, really?

Socreges

Banned
Path of Radiance is my favorite, but I'll always have a crazy soft spot for the first one in NA on the GBA because of those sprite animations.
One of these days I'll go back and play Hector Hard mode. Great excuse to replay it.

Awakening is my favorite FE out of the 10 or so I've played.

Conquest has been pretty good so far, but the story is the worst in the series. Havent started birthright yet
Thankfully I hate the stories anyhow (though Radiant Dawn's has been ok so far). I'm just happy to hear that Conquest has interesting maps.

Meh, not really. It was the correct thing to do in October, they WERE terrible and they WERE playing themselves out of the playoff race with an Oilers-like sense of urgency.

I assumed you wanted to demonstrate how crazy right I was!
What struck me was people basically counting them out, though. They were still a fantastic team on paper that had no reason to be that bad.

And yes, part of that post was to show how you, Calamari and myself now look prescient. :)

zroid

Banned
Blandisi was fined for embellishment. Did he do it again in his last game?

Is this kid a compulsive diver or something?? lol. He should at least learn how to be more discreet if he's going to keep embellishing. Needs to take lessons from Nazem Godri.

So Price had a press conference today and says that he believes he will be back sometime this season. He says Rehab is going great. He also said he will not go to the IIHF World Hockey Tournament because his Wife is due in April.

yyzjohn

Banned
So Price had a press conference today and says that he believes he will be back sometime this season. He says Rehab is going great. He also said he will not go to the IIHF World Hockey Tournament because his Wife is due in April.

I guess he's ruled the playoffs out then?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Blandisi was fined for embellishment. Did he do it again in his last game?

Is this kid a compulsive diver or something?? lol. He should at least learn how to be more discreet if he's going to keep embellishing. Needs to take lessons from Nazem Godri.
DSP was also fined for diving today. LOL Devils.

Top Bottom