• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/...-the-nhl-brought-to-you-by-bang4yourpuck-com/

JAMIE BENN $821,700 18 32 50 $16,434
FRANS NIELSEN $525,000 13 18 31 $16,935
DAVID DESHARNAIS $850,000 14 36 50 $17,000
KYLE WELLWOOD $700,000 14 25 39 $17,949
RYAN O’REILLY $900,000 16 34 50 $18,000

Top 5 Points per pay production. I didn't realize that Wellwood got paid so little.
I was surprised Wellwood got signed so late last summer. The man can clearly play in NHL and is usually good for 40 odd points. I wonder if the Jets will offer him an extension, even if he doubles his salary, he's still a good value piece for the team.

I was surprised Wellwood got signed so late last summer. The man can clearly play in NHL and is usually good for 40 odd points. I wonder if the Jets will offer him an extension, even if he doubles his salary, he's still a good value piece for the team.

Found an all you can eat buffet on July 1st and they couldn't pull him out of there for awhile...

Grabbo is 1m cheaper than a Sedin? So basically the Leafs are trying to fuck every other team by making their RFA periods difficult. Gotcha.

if you'd like we could go over the dany heatley jokes again

Don't forget "Dany Heatley in a car" jokes.

Edit: Fuck you, rev

Hi guys!!!!!!!

There was a guy at my section when I watched the Leafs/Wild game at the ACC go nuts with it. He did it for a whole period before getting kicked out by security for being drunk and almost causing a fight.

Yeah, there's a time and a place for that tripe and it's called Internet Message Boards.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What does the rest of Leafs age think of this signing?

I think he's a good player...not 5 mil good though :'(

edit: Christ! I missed a hornet's nest on the previous page...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There was a guy at my section when I watched the Leafs/Wild game at the ACC go nuts with it. He did it for a whole period before getting kicked out by security for being drunk and almost causing a fight.

So after getting kicked out he decided to hop in his car...

What does the rest of Leafs age think of this signing?

I think he's a good player...not 5 mil good though :'(

edit: Christ! I missed a hornet's nest on the previous page...

Like everyone else on the team, he'll improve with coaching. The less blind behind-the-back passes he makes in the slot, the better he'll be.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Burke caving into Grabo's agent while he still has some good will from the fans for firing Wilson and can get away with it.

grabovski_h_GIFSoupcom.gif

Holy shit. So after that horrific second period yesterday against the Oilers, I was expecting that in the locker room Bruce would've gone all 24/7 style and that's what changed the pace in the third...

Turns out Getzlaf was the one giving them all an earful and they all responded, then they were taking turns in the middle of the floor.

Then it was Bruce who was trying to calm everyone down. This is why he'll survive in Anaheim and why Washington suck. Who needs motivation when you've got locker room antibiotics.

No, that's spectrefire.

No way. Spectre's a cool guy. Like Billy Zane.

Clydefrog

I don't expect the Kings to get any points out of Nashville tonight. Having Rinne is unfair. Where is Moe Szyslak when you need him? *crowbar*

Montresor

Burke caving into Grabo's agent while he still has some good will from the fans for firing Wilson and can get away with it.

The signing had to be made. You can argue he was overpaid and that it's Burke's fault that the Leafs are in this position where they have only one good centre and that their only good centre demanded big money as a pending UFA. Whether he had goodwill with the fans or not and could "get away with it" seems like an irrelevant non-issue.

Grabbo is 1m cheaper than a Sedin? So basically the Leafs are trying to fuck every other team by making their RFA periods difficult. Gotcha.

Grabo was a pending UFA and his contract wouldn't necessarily affect RFAs though, would it?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Grabo's contract seems to be the escalation of this trend of overpayment recently. Even someone like Neal, who I feel has earned it and I'm very happy he'll be here for some time, probably got a little more than he might have otherwise because we've struggled to find good wingers for so long. That's for a guy who is going to end the year with between 70-80 points, the contracts players like Hemsky and Grabovski got are far more insane. I have a feeling Leafs fans won't be thrilled with this contract in a couple years.

Tabris

Enough of this. Sedins are going to start scoring again tonight. Need to start building that run into playoffs which will accumulate into Henrik Sedin winning his Conn Smythe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom