• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Strallman and Scott are both getting scratched tonight - guess Tort's didn't care for that giveaway to a goal that put the B's back in the game on Sunday.

I give it 4.

I'll go with 5 games, if he comes back and has to sit back out again because of problems, I will have to say it would be a huge mistake to keep trying to get him to play this year, I just think it is not the right move for him at this moment, but whatever. If the Pens want him to jellify is brains some more, go ahead, it's their loss I guess.

Wait, nobody commented on this?

What the fuck, NHL-GAF

It's futureman, he is like the Tabris of the Pens Age, or like Tabris's little brother or something.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll go with 5 games, if he comes back and has to sit back out again because of problems, I will have to say it would be a huge mistake to keep trying to get him to play this year, I just think it is not the right move for him at this moment, but whatever. If the Pens want him to jellify is brains some more, go ahead, it's their loss I guess.

It's futureman, he is like the Tabris of the Pens Age, or like Tabris's little brother or something.

No, that's spectrefire.

It's a very important week for the Habs. A 4-point matchup in Edmonton, and incredibly low expectations to meet after all those failed trips in the West in recent years. Come on Habs, fail for nail, dig for Grig, dip for Filip, suck for Galchenyuk.

That is an insult to Tabris.

That's every canuck fan in this damn thread.

Futureman

OH it looks like I roused Sir Sid from his slumber with my post.

ESPN article doesn't mention this, but Post Gazette quotes him as saying he'll be back by the Bruins game barring any setbacks.

Quick

Banned
Pretty happy Grabo is sticking around with the Leafs. $5.5 million is a bit of an overpayment, but I'm okay with that. He isn't easily replaceable, and I'm glad he wasn't dealt in the deadline.

It's funny looking back. He was pretty much a shithead with a terrible attitude in his first season in Toronto, and now he's a core piece earning $5.5 million.

Here's a random image of Grabo with a gun to celebrate:

mikhail+grabovski+gun+snipe+toronto.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Pretty happy Grabo is sticking around with the Leafs. $5.5 million is a bit of an overpayment, but I'm okay with that. He isn't easily replaceable, and I'm glad he wasn't dealt in the deadline.

It's funny looking back. He was pretty much a shithead with a terrible attitude in his first season in Toronto, and now he's a core piece earning $5.5 million.

He's come a long way from Grabmyballski.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I remember when we were cheering on grabo to score 20 goals because he was the only bright spot of the season

Those were some dark times :(

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, didn't realize the Wings haven't won in Philly since 97. I don't see that trend ending anytime soon with the Wings depleted line up tonight. No Lidstrom, no Datsyuk, no Howard, no Bertuzzi, no Kindl, no Ericsson. Though Smith makes up for Ericsson by 10000%, Janik is just "ok".

Zetterberg, Franzen, and Kronwall are gonna have to be in beast mode tonight for the Wings to stand a chance. Maybe the ceremony before the game will get the Flyers off their game or something.

Wow, didn't realize the Wings haven't won in Philly since 97. I don't see that trend ending anytime soon with the Wings depleted line up tonight. No Lidstrom, no Datsyuk, no Howard, no Bertuzzi, no Kindl, no Ericsson. Though Smith makes up for Ericsson by 10000%, Janik is just "ok".

Zetterberg, Franzen, and Kronwall are gonna have to be in beast mode tonight for the Wings to stand a chance. Maybe the ceremony before the game will get the Flyers off their game or something.

They won the important ones in Philly :(

Hahahahaha... Oh you had me going there for a second, Franzen has been horrible lately, just seems to be floating around right now and not even trying, hopefully he actually steps it up for the playoffs like he usually does, but idk, his play of late has me worried.

They won the important ones in Philly :(

banners.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's RFA this summer and is going to get a big raise.......which will still put him at like $3.5M MAX, much cheaper than Grabo for similar producton, and he's younger.
Max won't be getting less then $4M, his agent is the same agent that JVR has, and he got JVR $25.5M over 6 years, and Patches has already beaten JVRs best point total in a season in less games. Patches is going to get paid good, and he's worth every penny.

OH it looks like I roused Sir Sid from his slumber with my post.

ESPN article doesn't mention this, but Post Gazette quotes him as saying he'll be back by the Bruins game barring any setbacks.
And be out again by the 2nd period! Can't Wait!

Quick

Banned
Burke vs. Toronto Media, ROUND 100000

He hung up at the end of an interview after being asked about his job security.

To respond to the question, I'd say Burke probably got some heat from the the higher ups recently about his recent activity, but I don't think he's going to get fired anytime soon, unless a big bag of shit hits the fan.

To respond to the question, I'd say Burke probably got some heat from the the higher ups recently about his recent activity, but I don't think he's going to get fired anytime soon, unless a big bag of shit hits the fan.

I really do love that guy.... When you guys are done with him we'll take him in Philly. He can work with his son! Unfortunately I doubt they'd get rid of Homer. I like Homer, but he has a tendency to do shit just to placate the media/fans rather than sticking with solid hockey sense. He also lies like a rug on a regular basis. That's fucking annoying.

I think all these questions about Burke's job security are idiotic. He's made some damn good trades since he got here (mostly), finally fired Wilson for someone competent... The only complaint I have is that it should have been done way, way earlier, but at least it's done. If it's because of the trade deadline, then it's just sour grapes because the media didn't get anything to talk about for 10 hours.

Socreges

Banned
I really do love that guy.... When you guys are done with him we'll take him in Philly. He can work with his son! Unfortunately I doubt they'd get rid of Homer. I like Homer, but he has a tendency to do shit just to placate the media/fans rather than sticking with solid hockey sense. He also lies like a rug on a regular basis. That's fucking annoying.

You mentioned recently that Burke never lies and "tells it like it is" or something. Maybe you haven't really seen enough of him, but as with any struggling GM he often manipulate things to make himself and his team look better. I'd also say he engages the media too much and too intensely. Maybe that still makes him a saint compared to Holmgren, I don't know.

Quick

Banned

I personally like that Burke doesn't take shit from the media. He comes off as an asshole, but if you listen to what the media asks him, you can't blame him for really going off.

It probably fits in line with Philly's attitude. Philly is pretty much his kind of team.

I think all these questions about Burke's job security are idiotic. He's made some damn good trades since he got here (mostly), finally fired Wilson for someone competent... The only complaint I have is that it should have been done way, way earlier, but at least it's done. If it's because of the trade deadline, then it's just sour grapes because the media didn't get anything to talk about for 10 hours.

I'm still reminded of July 1st, and nothing happened. Steve Simmons started talking shit about Burke being in Afghanistan when he should've been busy signing Brad Richards. That's the Toronto media for you.

And I remember when I saw Katherine Dolan from TSN standing outside the ACC on July 1st when I was on my way to the Jays game. She looked bored as hell just standing there with her camera man.

You mentioned recently that Burke never lies and "tells it like it is" or something. Maybe you haven't really seen enough of him, but as with any struggling GM he often manipulate things to make himself and his team look better. I'd also say he engages the media too much and too intensely. Maybe that still makes him a saint compared to Holmgren, I don't know.

Holmgren just flat out lies to local media. I think he actually said "Mike Richards is not being traded" just days before he left. Homer also has a bad habit of lying about injuries. His office is just one giant office of misinformation. He also NEVER explains the rationale behind moves. The entire conference the other day from Burke was more than Homer has said all together in the last three years combined probably, and Homer made some of the biggest moves in the league during that time.

I get manipulation. But Homer also works in a somewhat crazy media market. He manages it HORRIBLY. I think handles it pretty well considering the market he's in. He makes it pretty clear when he's feeding you BS because he starts to get way more general or just flat out refuses to answer. Homer only seems to answer when he's lying.

Also, like I said earlier Burke doesn't make trades for "shock value" like Homer does. At lot of Flyers moves seem to be more motivated by what people are saying on TSN rather than internal hockey sense.

I personally like that Burke doesn't take shit from the media. He comes off as an asshole, but if you listen to what the media asks him, you can't blame him for really going off.

It probably fits in line with Philly's attitude. Philly is pretty much his kind of team.

Exactly. Burke has that "I'm doing what's right and I know better than you. Now fuck off."-attitude that I love.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Just to put the Grabovski signing into perspective. His cap hit is only $500,000 lower than the Sedins.

No none really thought the Sedins would be 100 point players when they signed their contracts :p

Burke isn't going anywhere soon, MLSE sees him as more than just a hockey guy, same with Colangelo

I also don't see Bell or Rogers firing him since he equals ratings

Red_Man

Grabo is really overpaid, and if you wanna compare him to Plekanec go ahead, Plek makes $500K less, and has reached 69 and 70 points twice, and is a fantastic two way forward. He's also one of the best PKing forwards in the league. He's having a terrible season playing with fucking AHLers in one of the teams worst seasons in their history.

Milly79

Grabo is really overpaid, and if you wanna compare him to Plekanec go ahead, Plek makes $500K less, and has reached 69 and 70 points twice, and is a fantastic two way forward. He's also one of the best PKing forwards in the league. He's having a terrible season playing with fucking AHLers in one of the teams worst seasons in their history.

Salty.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Now the rest of the league collectively prays that Crosby's symptoms weren't caused by the neck injury.

Too bad god doesn't exist and your prayers are futile.

Say hello to the 2012-2025 Stanley Cup Champions.

Believe.

Stet

Banned
Congratulations Spire, Crosby may be back as early as Sunday, which means he could be injured again as early as Wednesday!

fuck. me too.

Come on man, I never insulted flyers or their fans. Why the hate? I feel insulted being compared to a pens fan. I'm a leaf fan!

On the other hand, I confuse Luongo and canucks fans. They both share mental fragility. I don't blame em' though, it's tough after last season.

Red_Man

"Last 3 seasons, #Habs have lost 236, 262 & 253 man-games to injury. This season, 16 games still to play: 324 man-games lost"

:(

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Congratulations Spire, Crosby may be back as early as Sunday, which means he could be injured again as early as Wednesday!

Yeah, guess we'll have to win the Cup without the best player in the world. Don't worry though Leafs fans. We're still fun to watch without him. I wouldn't want you to be bored once the playoffs roll around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom