• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

ShaneB

Sportsnet "analytics"

B3amBTpCYAE6u7y.png

Looks like classic hockey stats to me.

Can I get filled on what the bruhaha was about? I don't care at all about corsi or fenwick, or whatever the new fangled hotness is, is that what they were saying was silly?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looks like classic hockey stats to me.

Can I get filled on what the bruhaha was about? I don't care at all about corsi or fenwick, or whatever the new fangled hotness is, is that what they were saying was silly?
The Sportsnet crew is essentially mocking the analytics crowd by posting these shit stats and saying they're "analytics" and attempting to use them as proof that they don't represent what's gone on in the game. Meanwhile the real analytic statistics have properly representated the flow of this game.

ShaneB

The Sportsnet crew is essentially mocking the analytics crowd by posting these shit stats and saying they're "analytics" and attempting to use them as proof that they don't represent what's gone on in the game. Meanwhile the real analytic statistics have properly representated the flow of this game.

Ah. Didn't Sportsnet have a preseason show dedicated to advance analytics? Oh well

Meh. I find the whole thing pretty silly in general. If I'm watching the game I don't need some fancy new advance stats to tell me the "flow" of the game.

You're alright Marvie!

Top Bottom