• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thatsthejoke.jpeg

lep.gif

zroid

Banned
Meh. I find the whole thing pretty silly in general. If I'm watching the game I don't need some fancy new advance stats to tell me the "flow" of the game.

That's not really the point of analytics tho

I mean it's certainly a useful way to see how a game plays out at a glance if you can't actually watch it, but yeah

ShaneB

That's not really the point of analytics tho

I mean it's certainly a useful way to see how a game plays out at a glance if you can't actually watch it, but yeah

Heh, I'm just playing the role of cranky old man. I like my hockey stats as they've been for as long as I know!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was a fun one. Wish we could have played more of it like we did in the first and in the last five minutes of the third. Bolts are just simply the better team right now.

Pretty cool seeing a game here. Crowd was a lot of fun (it was kind of like going to a Rangers-Devils game at the Rock). Tampa fans all seemed like pretty pleasant people too.

Definitely no contest between watching a game here or at the OTHER Florida arena, I'll tell you that much.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man Komarov doing everything he can to will a win in the game. Too bad the rest of the team wasn't up for it. Still, they got a point against arguably the best team in the East and they did it in pretty spectacular fashion.

I hate the Blackhawks but I also hate Hunter S and he "loves" the AVS. This goal and game does nothing for me. Going to watch the Flames somehow beat the Sharks.

zroid

Banned
Man Komarov doing everything he can to will a win in the game. Too bad the rest of the team wasn't up for it. Still, they got a point against arguably the best team in the East and they did it in pretty spectacular fashion.

Right now I think the Pens might be the best team in the league honestly...

their special teams are absurd and they're pretty darn good at even strength

with LA and SJ struggling for some reason (according to the analytics) Chicago is probably the only team in the West in that conversation atm

I was nervous about these back to backs, glad we pulled some points. That ducks loss sucked to watch, but they didn't play a full game in my opinion so I'm ok with it.

I wonder if they'll be a shake-up coming soon for the Sharks.

I thought that's why they stripped jumbo joe of captaincy.

I hate the Blackhawks but I also hate Hunter S and he "loves" the AVS. This goal and game does nothing for me. Going to watch the Flames somehow beat the Sharks.

Somehow? I still don't get how they don't get any respect.. I get the "something's gotta give" attitude but it isn't, so fear our fucking team because most nights they're firing on all cylinders at 100%

Best I can attribute it to is a shift in culture in the team and office, we've got some guys who want to play good hockey who are gelling really well together and some of our better forwards are still on IR.

Top Bottom