• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

PRICE IS BACK TOMORROW

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

@CanadiensMTL: The Canadiens just announced that Dustin Tokarski has been sent to St. John's. Carey Price will start on Friday night in Brooklyn. #GoHabsGo

Rest easy Condon. You did well man.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some amazing social media posts tonight from a bunch of idiot Rangers fans who have apparently forgotten what losing is like.

Here's a few quality ones:

KV1hik8.png

twgYtf0.png

GfSI5Aa.png

If only Brian Leetch was back there to receive that pass! And why couldn't that have been Ron Duguay moving the puck while we're at it?!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mitchell is out with an injury, so Semin might be back I guess? Unless they call up McCarron

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Even in defeat, Hank is still Hank:
Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey 4m 4 minutes ago
Elias: Lundqvist is the first #Rangers goalie to allow two goals or fewer in 10 straight road appearances since John Ross Roach in 1930-31.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Someone wasted a couple of hours of their life to create that graphic. Amazing.

Only three NHL teams have more than three goals a game: Dallas, Montreal, Boston

Three teams have less than two: Philly, Anaheim, Carolina
Pretty funny considering Boston and Montreal have been lower scoring teams for a few years now, and I don't think anyone expected Philly that low.

Calamari41

41 > 38
God it's fucking boring when we win games in here, which is a rare occurance anyway.

Ducks-age, GIF it up.

DUCKS FUCK UP THE FILTHY FLORIDA FELINES!

giphy.gif

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, CATS!

OK, now that we're alone, time to style on the rest of these fools

tumblr_nbug6bxqYw1s2wio8o1_500_zps48q7amib.gif

XlHYL6K.jpg_zpsmmv3zjbd.gif

Who's next? Who's next? Tampa Bay? Prepare yourselves, scum, we're on our way!

tumblr_nt6rqtBJMq1u3g7u0o2_500_zpsvpkslset.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers have been so zen over the last two years under AV, so even tempered regardless of the result of a game, that it feels really refreshing to see them as downright mad as they are at losing last night. But most importantly, it's being mad and accountable at themselves. Stepan basically put all the blame on himself for putting the bounce on his pass too close to McDonagh and making it impossible to control and that that cost the team 2 points, while Hank insists that he could have and should have made the save on that 2-on-1.

Hank did say at the start of the season that he felt like maybe they weren't angry enough at the idea of losing over the last few years. They definitely seem to have gotten over that, at least for one night. Just one more indication of how they're fundamentally approaching this season differently, right from the beginning. This whole team has a sense of "no more fucking around, we're winning it all this time around." The only problem with that is that they still can't beat the Habs, and they still can't beat the Bolts, and they're almost certainly going to HAVE to beat at least one of them to get out of the Eastern Conference.

Curufinwe

Pretty funny considering Boston and Montreal have been lower scoring teams for a few years now, and I don't think anyone expected Philly that low.

I watch the games on 4x or 8x speed now to get to the goals quicker.

Every forward on the team is scoring less than last season apart from Laughton and Umberger who only get limited minutes. It's a total disaster.

Syrinx

Hurricanes stats since we play TOronto tonight:

-9th in the league in shots per game (30.6)
-29th in goals scored (35 in 18 games)

-1st in the league in shots allowed per game (24.6)
-20th in the league in goals allowed (53)

Somebody bring the Corsi.

zroid

Banned

Eric Tulsky be like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

On the flip side, NYR...

-25th in the league in shots per game (28.2)
-4th in goals scored (57 in 19 games)

-27th in the league in shots allowed per game (31.2)
-1st in the league in goals allowed (33)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zroid

Banned
The Canes have been like this for a few years now though. They're kind of like the anti-Toronto/Colorado/Calgary in how they defy the odds. Only they aren't regressing haha.

zroid

Banned
So my idea for what the NHL All-Star Game should have been... ?

what I would've done is they play a round robin between the four teams, 6 games of ~8 minutes each. Then the top 2 teams play again for the title.

this is literally what the AHL is doing

AHLAllStarChallenge.0.gif

Top Bottom