• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

3sGZcRI.gif

k9NhwVw.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry about him, Smack. Marvie is just salty that his team won the Stanley Cup last year, for the third time in five, and are off to a decent start again this year.

Sad, really.

They're in next to last place in their division, just like the Ducks!

Fei

He'll just go back to allegedly choking women and being anti-semitic.

...That's a long way from raping a woman.

Yes they should have. This case fell apart irreparably before the season started.

My employer would certainly put me on paid leave until everything was resolved if I had a rape charge against me. Not to mention he was playing in preseason games before the evidence bag scandal.

Calamari41

41 > 38
My employer would certainly put me on paid leave until everything was resolved if I had a rape charge against me. Not to mention he was playing in preseason games before the evidence bag scandal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were never any actual charges. Just the allegations. Right?

The only way we would put someone on leave for a simple allegation is if the alleged rape occurred at work.

Foggy

...That's a long way from raping a woman.

Well, yeah

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were never any actual charges. Just the allegations. Right?

The only way we would put someone on leave for a simple allegation is if the alleged rape occurred at work.

If your employees had the sort of standing in society that routinely afforded them advantages in these kinds of legal proceedings and the frequency in which athletes get away with garbage and with how the public views this kind of stuff....I don't know, it'd take balls to hold your meal tickets to that high of a standard, but I would definitely applaud it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
If your employees had the sort of standing in society that routinely afforded them advantages in these kinds of legal proceedings and the frequency in which athletes get away with garbage and with how the public views this kind of stuff....I don't know, it'd take balls to hold your meal tickets to that high of a standard, but I would definitely applaud it.

If the alleged crime didn't happen at the workplace, it's none of the company's business. Whether it's an alleged rape or an alleged shoplifting. Of course, things get difficult when you're dealing with big time PR types like pro athletes, but then again I'm not the one who brought up the whole "well at my workplace..." analogy.

Fei

That's right, only allegations. No charges. That was the point of today's announcement - no charges would be filed.

I know that if it was known in my workplace I was under that type of investigation, it would be incredibly uncomfortable for the women on my team (and probably men, too). Yes, my company would almost certainly put me on paid leave to make it easier for everyone.

Im not sure if this has been posted already, im not in here to often anymore :(

Interesting update on the Wikstrand/Sens/Murray story. Apparently The reason that went home to Sweden and wanted to be close to his family, was that his brother had gotten leukemia. Apparently he didnt even tell his agent or Ottawa.

Interesting timing to make it official during cancer awareness month and everything. I wonder whats going to happen but i hope the Sens can forgive him and let him play in Sweden for the rest of the year at least.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's right, only allegations. No charges. That was the point of today's announcement - no charges would be filed.

I know that if it was known in my workplace I was under that type of investigation, it would be incredibly uncomfortable for the women on my team (and probably men, too). Yes, my company would almost certainly put me on paid leave to make it easier for everyone.

Shit is different HR-wise in California, I guess. Our HR lawyers advise us against so much as asking employees how they're feeling if they come in clearly sick because any perceived negative move against them in the future could be litigated as discrimination on the basis of health. I've had EEOC representatives grill me on whether or not I asked an employee how their family was doing, with the idea that I was discriminating against them based on their marital status. Taking action against someone for simple allegations of breaking the law outside of work would cause the lawyers to start bleeding out of their eyes.

Fei

Shit is different HR-wise in California, I guess. Our HR lawyers advise us against so much as asking employees how they're feeling if they come in clearly sick because any perceived negative move against them in the future could be litigated as discrimination on the basis of health. I've had EEOC representatives grill me on whether or not I asked an employee how their family was doing, with the idea that I was discriminating against them based on their marital status. Taking action against someone for simple allegations of breaking the law outside of work would cause the lawyers to start bleeding out of their eyes.

That's a joke :lol

HR in general is terrible. They basically promote not getting to know your co-workers, and certainly never joke around with them as they could be offended. All in the name of avoiding lawsuits.

Anyway, at least the whole situation is over and hopefully justice was found.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's a joke :lol

HR in general is terrible. They basically promote not getting to know your co-workers, and certainly never joke around with them as they could be offended. All in the name of avoiding lawsuits.

Anyway, at least the whole situation is over and hopefully justice was found.

Yeah, we're going through litigation right now based on a "joking around among co-workers" case, which is complete bunk and provably so and yet we've still spent upwards of $30,000 on the case. It's insane and breeds nothing but suspicion when people should be, as you said, getting to know each other as human beings.

Foggy

Yeah, we're going through litigation right now based on a "joking around among co-workers" case, which is complete bunk and provably so and yet we've still spent upwards of $30,000 on the case. It's insane and breeds nothing but suspicion when people should be, as you said, getting to know each other as human beings.

I always wondered why HR types are so skittish at the bigger companies I've worked at. Crazy.

Quick

Banned
It's a meme now. I once saw a twitch screenshot of that scene and the chat window literally filled up with whooooo

I made continuous references to that line in the October OT. :lol

I spoiled myself and watched that part on YouTube, but it was still so fucking hilarious finally reaching that point in the game myself.

It's the best line out of that game

Skull Face's VA needs some recognition. His voice and delivery were perfect.

So after about 2 weeks of craziness, I have finally moved most of my stuff into my new place and got everything settled. Now it's mostly decorating with some pictures, possibly get a fish tank, etc... And yes, I have not watched a Wings game in about 2 weeks and probably won't for another week since I'm pretty dang busy right now. More fun times ahead!

PS: So I'm going to be playing goalie for the first time ever this friday during our private rental group, this is going be interesting for sure.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So after about 2 weeks of craziness, I have finally moved most of my stuff into my new place and got everything settled. Now it's mostly decorating with some pictures, possibly get a fish tank, etc... And yes, I have not watched a Wings game in about 2 weeks and probably won't for another week since I'm pretty dang busy right now. More fun times ahead!

PS: So I'm going to be playing goalie for the first time ever this friday during our private rental group, this is going be interesting for sure.

Did you get your Dan Cleary Jersey hung up on the wall?

Quick

Banned

Are you sure you want a fish tank? Not to derail your plans, but the amount of effort to clean a tank out, put fresh water in, making sure it's the same temperature as the previous batch of water...I'm too lazy for it. :lol.

I've always wanted to try playing goalie, but I'm afraid of tearing my groin or something if I go 100%. Closest I've done is stand in front of an empty net and get into a stance.

zroid

Banned
Bernier on IR. Corrado recalled.

Hopefully Frankie will get some minutes at Polak's expense, especially while Harrington is down. If they aren't going to trade Polak then stop f'ing playing him 'cause he just actively makes other players around him worse.

Did you get your Dan Cleary Jersey hung up on the wall?

Not yet, but it is on my list.

Are you sure you want a fish tank? Not to derail your plans, but the amount of effort to clean a tank out, put fresh water in, making sure it's the same temperature as the previous batch of water...I'm too lazy for it. :lol.

I've always wanted to try playing goalie, but I'm afraid of tearing my groin or something if I go 100%. Closest I've done is stand in front of an empty net and get into a stance.

Yeah, I'm not pet person at all but I love fish and have had fish in the past. It would just be a smaller 10 gallon tank, I have a few people I know who know a lot about taking care of tanks and such as well.

Top Bottom