• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure you want a fish tank? Not to derail your plans, but the amount of effort to clean a tank out, put fresh water in, making sure it's the same temperature as the previous batch of water...I'm too lazy for it. :lol.

I've always wanted to try playing goalie, but I'm afraid of tearing my groin or something if I go 100%. Closest I've done is stand in front of an empty net and get into a stance.

Not to mention potentially breaking it as you through furniture around when your team loses in the final minute of a game.

Delryk

Bernier on IR. Corrado recalled.

Hopefully Frankie will get some minutes at Polak's expense, especially while Harrington is down. If they aren't going to trade Polak then stop f'ing playing him 'cause he just actively makes other players around him worse.

am I the only one that think Marincin is a lost cause? both he and Polak shouldn't be playing... i'd much prefer Corrado and Harrington for 3rd pairing

I made continuous references to that line in the October OT. :lol

I spoiled myself and watched that part on YouTube, but it was still so fucking hilarious finally reaching that point in the game myself.

Skull Face's VA needs some recognition. His voice and delivery were perfect.

Dat
OKB ZERO
infiltration tho. HNNNNNNGGG

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preds morning skate:
Forsberg-Fisher-Neal
Salomaki-Ribeiro-Smith
Wilson-Hodgson-Jarnkrok
Bourque-Gaustad-Watson

Also Steve Moses missed a game for Milwaukee because he was late to practice. Is the alarm clock a foreign concept to hockey players?

Quick

Banned
Dat
OKB ZERO
infiltration tho. HNNNNNNGGG

I actually did so well on the first two gates, pretty much complete stealth. Then the third gate area was when it all went downhill. I got a score of D because I was spotted and called air support to take the heat off.

Are you sure you want a fish tank? Not to derail your plans, but the amount of effort to clean a tank out, put fresh water in, making sure it's the same temperature as the previous batch of water...I'm too lazy for it. :lol.

I've always wanted to try playing goalie, but I'm afraid of tearing my groin or something if I go 100%. Closest I've done is stand in front of an empty net and get into a stance.

I just started keeping a tank. It depends on your lifestyle. I'm pretty damned suburban so having something around the house to tinker with suits me just fine. It's a little work to get it going, but water changes are super easy.

zroid

Banned
am I the only one that think Marincin is a lost cause? both he and Polak shouldn't be playing... i'd much prefer Corrado and Harrington for 3rd pairing

Marincin has been fine. It's tough when you've got a Polak sized boat anchor tethered to you most of the time you're on the ice.

In fact if you look at their WOWYs, Marincin has been carrying Polak to a degree.

Of about 126 minutes Marincin has played at 5v5, 87 have been with Polak.

Marincin w/o Polak: 55.7% CF
Polak w/o Marincin: 37.1% CF (!!!)
Marincin w/ Polak: 51.6% CF

Not yet, but it is on my list.

Yeah, I'm not pet person at all but I love fish and have had fish in the past. It would just be a smaller 10 gallon tank, I have a few people I know who know a lot about taking care of tanks and such as well.

IMO a ten gallon tank is the hardest to keep. The larger the tank, the easier it is to get some sort of cycle going. You'll be cleaning it out super regularly unless you only want a Betta fish.

Pikma

Banned
I remember the time when my brother was into fish tanks, the fucker probably killed three dozens of them before giving up on it

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shit is different HR-wise in California, I guess. Our HR lawyers advise us against so much as asking employees how they're feeling if they come in clearly sick because any perceived negative move against them in the future could be litigated as discrimination on the basis of health. I've had EEOC representatives grill me on whether or not I asked an employee how their family was doing, with the idea that I was discriminating against them based on their marital status. Taking action against someone for simple allegations of breaking the law outside of work would cause the lawyers to start bleeding out of their eyes.

Please tell me you're joking. I mean I know the US has a "sue first ask later" culture, but..... That's just stupid.

That's a joke :lol

HR in general is terrible. They basically promote not getting to know your co-workers, and certainly never joke around with them as they could be offended. All in the name of avoiding lawsuits.

Anyway, at least the whole situation is over and hopefully justice was found.

:lol

I'm graduating in 13 months with a degree in HR.

Come at me.

IMO a ten gallon tank is the hardest to keep. The larger the tank, the easier it is to get some sort of cycle going. You'll be cleaning it out super regularly unless you only want a Betta fish.

I've heard that actually which does suck. Unfortunately the apartment complex I'm living in now doesn't technically allow tanks but they will look the other way if you have a small one (so a 10 gallon is fine though not officially according to the people that work there). They just don't want any 50 gallon tanks, I was looking at this tank currently:

12 Gallon Long Tank

Will the Anaheim Ducks ever lose another game? Should we just start carving their names into the President's Trophy and finalizing the roster of names to engrave onto the Stanley Cup? Will we even need ballots for the All-Star Game and awards voting when we already know the winners? (Silly question, of course we do, they're competing against each other.)

The only remaining question is whether Getzlaf will touch the Campbell Bowl with his appendix.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some lineup changes in practice today out in Denver.

Etem-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Stoll-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Klein
Yandle-Boyle

Nash left mid-practice for "treatment."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rick Nash said he pulled something in his back while shooting during practice, because apparently he's literally not allowed to score goals anywhere anymore, and he is day to day, questionable for tomorrow, pending on how he feels in the morning.

Obviously if Nash is out, Etem is in.

AV also says he's not certain whether Boyle or McIlrath plays tomorrow. Apparently he talked to Boyle last week about his age and how he was going to be rested more when the schedule gets busy (such as the road back to back we're about to play). Boyle was "not thrilled" about it, according to AV.

Lundqvist plays tomorrow night. Seems likely that Raanta will get his first road start on Saturday in Glendale.

Quick

Banned
Vinny playing ahead of Gagner tonight. Flyers fans are puzzled/angry.

Vinnie is the modern day Maurice Richard. Please show him the respect he deserves.

Montreal was going to trade top prospects and roster players for the guy at some point, then unretire #4 so he can wear it along with a C!

I said the Blackhawks should have dropped Kane because I actually thought they had credible evidence(bite marks, scratches, etc...) that something went down but man, what a shitstorm.

I'm not certain what happened but it seems more likely that nothing did now that the investigation has concluded.

The turning point was that evidence bag debacle, something stunk from that point on.

Well, good for Kane and he can move on even though it obviously hasn't affected his play.

I'm glad he won't comment on it any more too as the media has a one-track-drama mind.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Please tell me you're joking. I mean I know the US has a "sue first ask later" culture, but..... That's just stupid.

No joke!

Another wonderful example: we operate a Class 1000 clean room (one of the cleanest levels) and had a ten-pack-a-day employee sue us to after he was diagnosed with lung cancer, claiming the clean room air gave it to him. It almost went to court.

Will the Anaheim Ducks ever lose another game? Should we just start carving their names into the President's Trophy and finalizing the roster of names to engrave onto the Stanley Cup? Will we even need ballots for the All-Star Game and awards voting when we already know the winners? (Silly question, of course we do, they're competing against each other.)

The only remaining question is whether Getzlaf will touch the Campbell Bowl with his appendix.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but we were able to triple our win total over the course of the past four days. If these trends continue... We're conservatively looking at reaching the 200-win mark before the end of the month.

Shit is different HR-wise in California, I guess. Our HR lawyers advise us against so much as asking employees how they're feeling if they come in clearly sick because any perceived negative move against them in the future could be litigated as discrimination on the basis of health. I've had EEOC representatives grill me on whether or not I asked an employee how their family was doing, with the idea that I was discriminating against them based on their marital status. Taking action against someone for simple allegations of breaking the law outside of work would cause the lawyers to start bleeding out of their eyes.

hahahahahahahahaha

Pikma

Banned
No joke!

Another wonderful example: we operate a Class 1000 clean room (one of the cleanest levels) and had a ten-pack-a-day employee sue us to after he was diagnosed with lung cancer, claiming the clean room air gave it to him. It almost went to court.
I can confirm this, my dad's been a HR manager for 24 years and has probably a hundred of ridiculous stories like this one. I remember one of a guy who sued the company for wrongful termination after he stole working tools and other materials from one of the company's warehouses.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No joke!

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but we were able to triple our win total over the course of the past four days. If these trends continue... We're conservatively looking at reaching the 200-win mark before the end of the month.

do you work for the onion?

Fei

:lol

I'm graduating in 13 months with a degree in HR.

Come at me.

I'm so sorry. So, so sorry. I wish I could tell a story about how there was one cool HR rep, but I got nothing. The only HR-type people I enjoy are the head hunters because they don't give a fuck about anything else other than hiring and getting their bonus lol.

Quick

Banned
No joke!

Our defense amounted to our lawyer sitting down with the labor board and asking them if they were fucking kidding.

GOD DAMN. :lol :lol :lol

Pikma

Banned
My sinusitis just keeps getting worse and worse by the day. I guess I have no other option but to follow Smelly's advice.

So for a few months my cat would occasionally head twitch and I got scared and thought there was something wrong with his brain but I guess it's just mites.

Make sure you clean your pets ears people! There's special swipes for Dogs and Cats you can get at the pet store.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So for a few months my cat would occasionally head twitch and I got scared and thought there was something wrong with his brain but I guess it's just mites.

Make sure you clean your pets ears people! There's special swipes for Dogs and Cats you can get at the pet store.

I have a little poodle, so daily ear care comes with the job!

Top Bottom