• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

zroid

Banned
That bizarre goal aside, I feel like the Leafs are playing worse because they're trying so hard to play matchups against McDavid.

I think they're so concerned with their line changes that their neutral zone play has suffered and they haven't gotten much going offensively.

calder

Jets playing pretty well against their kryptonite team

Kyle Connor has looked quite good on the new second line with Perreault and Laine

zroid

Banned
wtf I thought we were playing the Oilera not the CorsiKings

19-8 shots EDM???
not that I'm tracking the game but like I was saying I think the Leafs are getting too concerned with their line changes to match up against McDavid. it's probably leading to a lot of dump and change when they really shouldn't be doing that and giving up possession.

Foggy

These Leafs are so good not even the best team in the west can handle them!

IT'S CRAZY!!!

Is it their coaching? Is it their goaltending? Is it their woke veterans? MERNER?! BILLY ZOOLANDER?! AUSTN STEVENS?! COULD IT BE THE STATS?!?!?!?!

BigAT

Kind of crazy how much offense the Rangers can output when they're right. Really nice night for Lundqvist too.

RedRum

Banned
When we tally up tonight yes. We were leading after last game with 35 in 9 games. Philly hit 36 in 10. So we'll be at 40 (or more!) in 10.

Unless Minny put up 8+ tonight. =P They're at 32 in 9.

This is amazing. It's pissing me off that I miss half the came by the time I come home from work, but the team is looking so damn good this year.

I wonder if we can keep this kind of tic-tac play and speed still towards the end of the season.

not that I'm tracking the game but like I was saying I think the Leafs are getting too concerned with their line changes to match up against McDavid. it's probably leading to a lot of dump and change when they really shouldn't be doing that and giving up possession.

this makes sense and explains the roughly less than average shots for the leafs but the obscene shots against

with that McJesus scuffle rip Matthews

zroid

Banned
Also I just want to add that Matthews had a couple incredible point blank chances. Of course nobody is losing their shit about the Oilers D because they didn't go in the net unlike what happened constantly during the first few Leaf games.

Top Bottom