• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

This team feels different compared to past Sharks teams. In the past, they would fold when facing adversity. Now, it doesn't seem to phase them. Down by a couple goals? No big deal. Stick with it and come out on top in the end.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This team feels different compared to past Sharks teams. In the past, they would fold when facing adversity. Now, it doesn't seem to phase them. Down by a couple goals? No big deal. Stick with it and come out on top in the end.
Getting past the Kings probably did wonders for their confidence. They have the offensive skill to go all the way to the finals, if the can keep up that confidence they should have a good shot.

Getting past the Kings probably did wonders for their confidence. They have the offensive skill to go all the way to the finals, if the can keep up that confidence they should have a good shot.

I felt this was building up before winning the Kings series. There were moments in that series where it would have gone downhill in the past, but they stuck it out and pulled ahead. No doubt winning that series helped it even more, but it just feels different this time.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?

Indeed. Much deeper than past teams plus Deboer at the helm.

This might be their year. But something tells me the East wins this year.

Socreges

Banned

Indeed. Much deeper than past teams plus Deboer at the helm.

This might be their year. But something tells me the East wins this year.
This is the year. Those other years we said were the year and that things were different? Never mind that. THIS is the year!

Seriously, though, one thing that should help the perception is that there remains no Hawks, Kings or Ducks to have to get through. The Preds, Stars and Wild don't have that playoff success stink to them.

tumblr_mt5559OnR61sey3c5o1_250.gif

Better team won tonight?

Socreges

Banned
I'm sorry but what's wrong with Kyle Wellwood exactly he's a very lovely boy

But yeah, I see your points.
Pretty sure I recall Acid loving Wellwood when he was a Shark. Hell, half those guys probably. No shit fans tend to view the current roster with great affection and slam the guys that failed and left years ago. *curses Aaron Rome while petting Yannick Weber bobble head*

This Sharks team is deeper. They've added Burns, and Pavelski is better. But Thornton and Marleau are older and less capable. Boyle and some others are gone. Jones isn't the best but he's better than Niemi.

Will be interesting to see how the Preds respond. A quick glance says they've won a whole two games this year while allowing 3 goals or more. They live and die by their defense and goaltending.

Acid08

Banned
Pretty sure I recall Acid loving Wellwood when he was a Shark. Hell, half those guys probably. No shit fans tend to view the current roster with great affection and slam the guys that failed and left years ago. *curses Aaron Rome while petting Yannick Weber bobble head*

This Sharks team is deeper. They've added Burns, and Pavelski is better. But Thornton and Marleau are older and less capable. Boyle and some others are gone. Jones isn't the best but he's better than Niemi.

Will be interesting to see how the Preds respond. A quick glance says they've won a whole two games this year while allowing 3 goals or more. They live and die by their defense and goaltending.
Thornton just had his best season since 2010, to say he's less capable isn't exactly true. Yeah he's older but his fancy stats haven't gotten worse and his point totals were their highest in years. Marleau I'll give you. He certainly has looked less effective than he has before. That might have more to do with utilization than his actual skills degrading though. He can still skate faaaaaaast as hell.

I'm not slamming anyone either. Those players all had their moments for us and I'm sure I cheered for all of them at different points(well not Huskins, Wallin, or Eager tbh).

Pikma

Banned
This is the year. Those other years we said were the year and that things were different? Never mind that. THIS is the year!

Seriously, though, one thing that should help the perception is that there remains no Hawks, Kings or Ducks to have to get through. The Preds, Stars and Wild don't have that playoff success stink to them.
I don't know, the Wild seem kinda unstoppable, especially considering that they lost a series but still found a way to remain in the playoffs
But we can watch them tear each other apart in the postseason!

The AHL postseason that is! Go Gulls!

The 2011 one didn't give you much hope?
Wait the Gulls are still in it?

YEEEEEEES, I hope the fuckers make it next year too, I want to witness some of dat Calder Cup playoffs hockey live

could not give two shits about the Texas Stars, they lacked a pair of really important pieces that we borrowed from them and struggled to have a healthy and consistent goalie all year, they weren't getting far anyway

Burke is dropping truth bombs. I agree with him that If you just missed the playoffs like Boston did you shouldn't have a shot at first overall

Hmm I think teams that were freshly eliminated in the playoffs should have a shot too.

Come back home to CA, Auston! (LA shouldn't have a shot at the first pick though)

Top Bottom