• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
my new boss decided to ignore that he approved my vacation request a month ago because apparently something else needs to be done yesterday

oooookay

need to cancel my flights now, this is all sorts of stupid

Alucard

Banned
my new boss decided to ignore that he approved my vacation request a month ago because apparently something else needs to be done yesterday

oooookay

Pretty sure you can contest this with a labor standards board. If it was approved, and you have written confirmation, you win.

Smiley90

Pretty sure you can contest this with a labor standards board. If it was approved, and you have written confirmation, you win.

I started this job not even 3 months ago and I'm on a 12-months probation, if I do that I'm fired.

600 dollars in flight tickets vs not having a job

Quick

Banned
I feel like, regardless of being on a 12-month probation or not, it's still unreasonable to ask for you to suddenly stick around to work.

Do you have his time off approval in writing somewhere?

Smiley90

I feel like, regardless of being on a 12-month probation or not, it's still unreasonable to ask for you to suddenly stick around to work.

Do you have his time off approval in writing somewhere?

Yeah but that's not a conversation i want to have right now. I mean if I talked to him he'd probably let me go but it'll be a big deal that'll just haunt me, he's putting a lot of pressure on everyone in the team and me leaving would delay others too - it's just bad timing that I couldnt have seen coming (when I asked for time off this project wasnt on the horizon).

Just bad timing and management all-around, I think I'm better off just taking the hit.

My last chance is hoping this one difficult thing works today because if it does then I can maybe delegate the rest of my task to someone else. If it doesnt work I'm screwed though.

The funny thing about my contract is that it's a 12-month contract (with option to renew) on a 12-month probation. Eg I can be fired anytime during or let go after 12 months, only if I get renewed do I have any kind of job security.

Quick

Banned
Fair enough. I can understand where you're coming from.

I'm looking to book time off at work for a week or so either this month or next. I'm hoping I don't run into any problems when the time comes.

Smiley90

Fair enough. I can understand where you're coming from.

I'm looking to book time off at work for a week or so either this month or next. I'm hoping I don't run into any problems when the time comes.

When I took time off it was "yeah I dont care when you take time off as long as you tell me a month in advance and there's no big, urgent project".

Which there wasnt. Until two weeks ago.

Quick

Banned
^Shiiiit. Guess that second condition just puts it all out the window. lol

Best of luck in this going your way and you can go on your trip. At worst, here's hoping for refundable tickets. lol

Alucard

Banned
When I took time off it was "yeah I dont care when you take time off as long as you tell me a month in advance and there's no big, urgent project".

Which there wasnt. Until two weeks ago.

That's rough. I hope it works for you either way. Inform your employer that you will have to pay a cancellation fee for your tickets because you had already bought them. Depending on the company, maybe you can get them to cover part of the expense? Or not. I understand wanting to keep a clean slate with your employer, but it sounds like they're at fault here too.

Stasis

You and your conundrums!

I think you're absolutely making the correct decision here though, fwiw. I'd be fucking pissed, but it is what it is. Job security is much more important. So are good working relationships all around.

Speaking of relationships, whatever happened with that crazy-ass roommate you had? I just remembered that, lol.

Smiley90

You and your conundrums!

I think you're absolutely making the correct decision here though, fwiw. I'd be fucking pissed, but it is what it is. Job security is much more important. So are good working relationships all around.

Speaking of relationships, whatever happened with that crazy-ass roommate you had? I just remembered that, lol.

I finally moved out 3 months ago after finding out she was secretly recording all our conversations.

Yep.

Quick

Banned
Speaking of work conundrums, I'm set to work with someone I absolutely hate next week. VP asked if I'm available to work with him, and I had to just suck it up and say yes.

I pretty much had to stop myself from just going HAM on this guy the last time we worked together.

Alucard

Banned
Almost time for the HBK line to get the Pens a win tonight.

iOzdhMV.jpg

Calamari41

41 > 38

oooookay

Post your boss' home address and unleash an international Twitter mob on him until he transfers ownership of the company to you.

Alucard

Banned
Apparently Milbury predicts a 6-1 Caps win tonight and thinks Holtby should bring a book because the Caps are going to run this game. Mm, so salty. Love it.

Let's go Pens! Expecting a loss but rooting for a win and breaking the Caps' back.

Revenant

I was just thinking the opposite. It's so fast and action packed and awesome.

Guinos just slightly outplaying the Caps so far.

Oh it's that too, but the madness that comes from the fast pace is something else,
I think I've personally deflected a goal off most parts of my body at this point. Unfortunately not always for the right team.

Top Bottom