• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

So your shitty opinions from the regular season carry over to the post season, good to know.

Here's some tips for the Kings for their next game

I don't get how that's a shitty opinion. That interference call wouldn't have been called in a junior hockey league. BS like that should have no place in the NHL playoffs.

Good win, but more importantly, great match up. It's going to be a great series and nobody is going to have an easy time I think. I'll be glad to take this series quick, but I know the King's can be deadly.

I don't get how that's a shitty opinion. That interference call wouldn't have been called in a junior hockey league. BS like that should have no place in the NHL playoffs.

Bad calls went both ways that benefited the other team greatly. Stop crying.

zroid

Banned
as intense as those last 90 seconds were, that was some seriously bad 5v6 defending by the Sharks there. it's a miracle LA didn't tie it up.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
As I suspected this is a better Sharks team than any of the ones we have faced.

This won't be like 2014, Kings need to the win next game or I could look forward to Joe Thornton breakdancing on Staples Center ice like in 2011.

I still have jumbos face burned into my mind from that last series, of course it's not going to be the same. The sharks are arguably a considerably deeper team than they were in 2014. And their tent pole players haven't exactly regressed in the last two years

zroid

Banned
The biggest difference between the Sharks this year and the last couple years is Burns has evolved into a Norris-level D-man.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
The biggest difference between the Sharks this year and the last couple years is Burns has evolved into a Norris-level D-man.

That and DeBoer is an upgrade. He went toe to toe with Sutter back in 2012 and the Devils were the only team that were effective against the Kings during that run. Even with Kovalchuk playing on a broken back.

I think it's a bit more than that, roles were shaken, you saw jumbo get stripped of captaincy, TMac to deBoer transition, young guys gaining traction in the league. That's a pretty big part this season though, he's definitely on another level this year, last year too though, a lot of improvement out of him.

Clydefrog

Do your parole officers check your GAF posts now?

2E0QDSu.gif

Acid08

Banned
Next game will be really interesting. In the past Sutter has always been able to come back with something to disrupt what the Sharks are doing and they haven't been able to counter. We'll see what DeBoer can do.

KingBroly

Banned
Next game will be really interesting. In the past Sutter has always been able to come back with something to disrupt what the Sharks are doing and they haven't been able to counter. We'll see what DeBoer can do.

Kings, particularly Quick, need to step it up. If they don't, they'll be in trouble. Lots of trouble.

Did Anaheim play a game yet? I don't think they did.

Clydefrog

IMO, the Sharks controlled the flow of play in game 1. Kings got some amazing bounces and the Sharks missed some easy chances. Towards the end of the game, however, Kings should have scored a goal to equalize (even though the Sharks should have put the game out of reach by then).

Coach Sutter will shake things up like he always does, but I don't know how effective it will be. Sharks are deeper than anyone is used to. If the 3rd/4th lines of the Kings don't step up, I'm worried. Obviously Game 2 isn't a "must-win" but it kinda is.

Socreges

Banned
So apparently the NHL/Rogers have caught on to the amazing HD YouTube streams being posted on Reddit.

I suppose that would suck for anyone that had been depending on them of late and is now stuck without a viable/free way of watching playoff hockey

You win, cable companies. You win, Alberta. Mother fuckers

KingBroly

Banned
So apparently the NHL/Rogers have caught on to the amazing HD YouTube streams being posted on Reddit.

I suppose that would suck for anyone that had been depending on them of late and is now stuck without a viable/free way of watching playoff hockey

They could fix this by having the Playoff games available on streams they make. Like the Super Bowl.

There's a safesteam sub or something that's private that you can get an invite to by messaging their mods.

If you have a friend with a cable sub that has NBC Sports Extra, I've been using that. Authenticated my phone/tablet and Apple TV and works fairly well except for the Sharks/LA game but I was too lazy to do a IP spoof.

Edit: and yes Reddit sub for safe streams is a good option.

If the NHL ever decided to lift blackout restrictions and charge for livestrams they can make a lot of money from me

For the Ducks game tomorrow I'm trying to get tix

Curufinwe

The Flyers not getting a PP out of Wilson boarding MacDonald then dropping his gloves first to fight Simmonds was fucking ridiculous. Almost as bad as the phantom hooking call on Streit, and the non-calls when Raffl was tripped and held.

calder

Awesome the Sharks won. That was an amazing game; most predicted it would be the best series of the first round and game one sure delivered.

Top Bottom