• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I dunno, 2014 felt like the Sharks were way more dominant and that taking the series was going to happen. This feels more evenly matched and could go either way.

Nah, I didn't mean anything like that. Just that seeing that they had won, my initial reaction was just to remember that 2014 series is all.

Nah, I didn't mean anything like that. Just that seeing that they had won, my initial reaction was just to remember that 2014 series is all.

Ah, gotcha. I think from a Sharks fan point of view, we never think something is in the bag. We've been burned too many times to get cocky.

Line_HTX

Alright which of you is enrolled in this program

TUSR???

This sounds like an equivalent to taking an upper level English major, having to write hundreds or thousands of pages and analyzing everything.

This is OVERKILL writing, espeically name dropping Monogatari series and Psycho Pass.

They seem to have more control of the flow this time. I'm kind of nervous and it might really be different...

:|

iLLmAtlc

So apparently the NHL/Rogers have caught on to the amazing HD YouTube streams being posted on Reddit.

I suppose that would suck for anyone that had been depending on them of late and is now stuck without a viable/free way of watching playoff hockey

You win, cable companies. You win, Alberta. Mother fuckers

Games on CBC are streamed on their website in 720p fwiw

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Kings, particularly Quick, need to step it up. If they don't, they'll be in trouble. Lots of trouble.

Did Anaheim play a game yet? I don't think they did.

I thought Quick played pretty well. Our other stars need to step up. Kopitar made some dumb mistakes.

On the bright side we had goals from mostly role players.

Line_HTX

I thought Quick played pretty well. Our other stars need to step up. Kopitar made some dumb mistakes.

On the bright side we had goals from mostly role players.

I feel like Kopitar and Lucic were mostly shut out. Didn't hear or see much from them.

I'm still in awe that Doughty stopped the empty netter on that slide, lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers at practice today:

Miller-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
E.Staal-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Stalberg
Lindberg-Hrivik

M.Staal-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Skjei-Boyle

Lundqvist
Raanta
Hellberg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tomorrow:

Marc-Andre Fleury: gametime decision
Evgeni Malkin: gametime decision
Henrik Lundqvist: gametime decision
Dan Girardi: OUT

AV, when asked if Girardi's out due to an upper or lower body injury: "It's the whole thing."

His Majesty:
qlJTEFd.jpg

So apparently the NHL/Rogers have caught on to the amazing HD YouTube streams being posted on Reddit.

I suppose that would suck for anyone that had been depending on them of late and is now stuck without a viable/free way of watching playoff hockey

You win, cable companies. You win, Alberta. Mother fuckers

FirstRowSports caught onto people using AdBlock to prevent their virus-laden pop-ups. Now you get a screen saying "We don't support people who don't support ads." It makes the site all but unusable, not that the streams were ever great to begin with.

Guess I'll be watching a lot of games in sports bars like I did in 2014.

Edit: for what I spent on overpriced drinks and food in sports bars in 2014, I could have gotten a full year of cable with an NHL package. But that was four rounds of playoffs with a couple rounds going 7 games. I'm not as optimistic that the Kings will play nearly so many games this year.

Curufinwe

Tomorrow:

Marc-Andre Fleury: gametime decision
Evgeni Malkin: gametime decision
Henrik Lundqvist: gametime decision
Dan Girardi: OUT

AV, when asked if Girardi's out due to an upper or lower body injury: "It's the whole thing."

His Majesty:
qlJTEFd.jpg

Should have gone with an eye patch to lull the Pens into a false sense of security and for the full Big Boss look.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I have no idea what to expect from this series. Hopefully the Predators haven't worked out the kinks in their system!

Round two is going to be a bloodbath no matter which two out of the four teams face each other.

iLLmAtlc

My friends as a pre-game activity does anybody want to translate this for me

Is it not perhaps the case that human freedom, in which one rises above the determinism of instinct and impulse to an intelligent grasp of worthwhile forms of good, and through which one shapes and masters one’s environment but also one’s own character, is itself somehow subordinate to something which makes that human freedom, human intelligence and human mastery possible (not just ‘originally’ but from moment to moment) and which is free, intelligent, and sovereign in away (and over a range) no human being can be?

I think he's talking about God, but fuck.

Pikma

Banned
I have no idea what to expect from this series. Hopefully the Predators haven't worked out the kinks in their system!

Round two is going to be a bloodbath no matter which two out of the four teams face each other.
We swept them during the regular season, I doubt they'll cause you guys any trouble

Edit: wait no, I think we lost one of them, point still stands though

Losing Couturier is a huge blow to the Flyers.

Wow the playoff scheduling is all out of whack. Why not just do 4 games every night?

3 games on Apr. 18.
6 games on Apr. 20 and 21.

Top Bottom