• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

If this was any other team, Columbus would have put in a different goalie. This is some awful goaltending... how this man is in the running for Vezina, and have his game deteriorate this quickly I'll never know.

well, the penguins have been playing worse >.<
ugh

Foggy

If this was any other team, Columbus would have put in a different goalie. This is some awful goaltending... how this man is in the running for Vezina, and have his game deteriorate this quickly I'll never know.

Goalies do play different when they lose confidence in their defensive corps. That and the Pens can make any goalie look mortal.

artillery-cannon-animated-gif-15.gif

a916

Goalies do play different when they lose confidence in their defensive corps. That and the Pens can make any goalie look mortal.

I think it works both ways, teams can lose confidence as well if they think each mistake will end up in the back of the net.

He looked fine in the first.

But right now, he's super erratic in net. Rebounds galore. A very messy game. Fleury on the other hand, may have let in 5, but he looks way more composed. His movement is very simple, smooth and no wasted energy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Haven't seen a goalie this lucky in the playoffs since Thomas flopping around in 2011

Price needs to raise his game too, both of the ranger goals were stoppable

Foggy

I think it works both ways, teams can lose confidence as well if they think each mistake will end up in the back of the net.

He looked fine in the first.

But right now, he's super erratic in net. Rebounds galore. A very messy game. Fleury on the other hand, may have let in 5, but he looks way more composed. His movement is very simple, smooth and no wasted energy.

Yeah I can only play catchup right now, but from the sound of it he's been shaky. There are some rumblings that he has a hand injury that has had a direct effect on one or two goals. Who knows, he was pretty shaky in the postseason a couple seasons ago too.

imBask

Banned
Close game again, they dominated the 2nd, we dominated the 3rd, the first goal was a dumb mistake from Markov, etc. I still think we'll get this in the end

that is unless Vigneault sends the cunt brigade to take a run at Price again next game

Mentok

Banned
Haven't seen a goalie this lucky in the playoffs since Thomas flopping around in 2011

Price needs to raise his game too, both of the ranger goals were stoppable

Ehh, sure there's been some luck, but it's not like the Habs offense has been dominant a full 60 minutes.

No, not really. Even when the Habs dominated the last game, it was pretty boring compared to all the other series going on. If you're not a fan of either team, this have been a lame series.

Boy do we need to scratch King...

Keep Ott and Mitchell though.

Puck possession and icing killed the Habs in this game and the Rangers distracted Radulov all game except for that one goal.

When can we call up some of the farm team? Or are they in the playoffs?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
oh and Pacioretty might, maybe, show up next game. Who knows!
He leads the playoff in shots but you'd never be able to tell. He definitely needs to step up this week, Radulov can't carry them into the second round.

Foggy

It's pretty weak to harp on luck. Luck is integral to any championship team and who cares about luck at this point. Winning is the only thing that matters. Play better and make your own luck.

Top Bottom