• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Montresor

Please don't hate me for asking this question.

If the Leafs make it to the finals, will Polak still be injured at that time?

I'm just curious about the severity of his injury. Leafs have a long way to go in the 1st round so I'm not proclaiming they're on the road to the finals.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I'm just curious about the severity of his injury. Leafs have a long way to go in the 1st round so I'm not proclaiming they're on the road to the finals.
Pretty sure he's not playing again until September

NUTCRACKER

C9v0B0eXkAAc0Ur.jpg

Solo

Galchenyuk and Pacioretty have been both disappointing.

If Pacioretty is injured again then that's shitty luck, Galchenyuk has no excuse.

Don't know what series you're watching but Gakchenyuk has been the best he's been since November and our best forward after Rads and Gallagher. Still making too many fancy ass plays that result in turnovers, thats for sure, but he's also competing hard, forechecking hard, creating offense and getting good scoring chances. He's been good. Hence the promotion to centre, to the third, and to PP #1.

Unlike Casperetty, who despite having lots of shots is yet to actually do anything yet this series aside from one great backcheck.

yyzjohn

Banned

LOL

Solo

I can't get over how dogshit Pacioretty is in the playoffs. He fooled me this season. He had that 2.5 month of beastliness, the best stretch of his career. I thought maybe I had him wrong.....nope. Had an awful end to the season and is once again invisible in the playoffs, like every other year. He hasn't even competed yet this series. And no, firing a bunch of harmless shots doesn't count.

Solo

Browsing HF Boards for the lulz and boy, its delivering. People are blaming Price for the series being 2-2. Yes, it's the goalie who has let in 7 goals in 4 games and has a .942 sv%'s fault. Nothing to do with our anemic offense, nope, not at all. Goalie's fault.

Browsing HF Boards for the lulz and boy, its delivering. People are blaming Price for the series being 2-2. Yes, it's the goalie who has let in 7 goals in 4 games and has a .942 sv%'s fault. Nothing to do with our anemic offense, nope, not at all. Goalie's fault.

That first goal was pathetic even for Price tbh. But that goal was entirely on Markov.

Cake Boss

Banned
Have a bad feeling about this game, it feels like it might be a SJ EDM game if Anderson keeps up his .850SV% for tonight.

Need a monster game from him, you know the refs are gonna give the Brooms 2 makeup powerplays in the first 10 minutes.

Solo

That first goal was pathetic even for Price tbh. But that goal was entirely on Markov.

The point is, in the 2 games the Habs lost, Price allowed 3 goals. 1.5 goals per game average. You should almost never lose a game if you're only allowing a goal and a half.....unless your offense is the Bergevin era 2012-present Montreal Canadiens.

It's absolutely insane, but Price will have to steal a game (1 goal or less) probably to win this series because *cue broken record* we. can't. score. Remember when Mike Cammalleri scored 13 goals in 19 games in 2010? We need another clutch playoff performer like that.

Have a bad feeling about this game, it feels like it might be a SJ EDM game if Anderson keeps up his .850SV% for tonight.

Need a monster game from him, you know the refs are gonna give the Brooms 2 makeup powerplays in the first 10 minutes.

Andy was straight up sleeping on those goals...definitely not his normal level of play

Solo

Still feeling real good about my Habs in 5 pick.

We all know it is going 7 games. I actually see the road teams winning Games 5 and 6. Rags come in flying off the Game 4 win and take Game 5. Then they choke on home ice in Game 6 and the Habs take it.

Then flip a coin for Game 7.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We all know it is going 7 games. I actually see the road teams winning Games 5 and 6. Rags come in flying off the Game 4 win and take Game 5. Then they choke on home ice in Game 6 and the Habs take it.

Then flip a coin for Game 7.

I see it going 7 but the other way around. :D

This is pretty much a coin flip series in general so far. It could just as easily be 3-1 Habs right now as it could be 3-1 Rangers.

By the way, solid effort from the NY Post on this one:

Calamari41

41 > 38
Do we know who's starting for the Ducks tonight? I hope Bernier gets a chance and runs with it...

I'm sure it will be Gibson. Against another team it would be a tough call, but we know that against Calgaryalberta we can give up 4, switch goalies, and still win, so there's no point in stressing over it.

Top Bottom