• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

BTails

Laughing pretty hard about the CBC Sports article about new inductees to Canada's Sports Hall of Fame. They inducted Lanny MacDonald, then proceeded to talk more about his time with the Leafs than his time with the Flames.

Classic Toronto move: "Centre of the Universe"

Calamari41

41 > 38
I want the Ducks to close out the series tonight even though I'll have to wait like a week for the next game.

If we're going to make any kind of run this year, we (especially the D) need as much rest as possible. Every extra game is just that much more risk of injury, especially playing against this team specifically.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Shattenkirk on patience vs. #Leafs speed: "We need to let the one-on-ones happen. We’re getting a little too (pause) horny getting in there"

waaaaaaaat

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Craig Smith is not practicing. He left the last game in OT.

He's had an abysmal season in terms of goals, but is still great at moving the puck and made the Preds' 4th line this series way better than it has any right to be. Now they'll have to put an "actual" 4th liner in his place. We'll see how that goes.

Weevilone

That trade worked out really well for them, didn't it...

:lol

I think it's interesting how Shatty seems to command so much attention in regard to the trade and potential new contract. He's an exciting player to watch at times and he's great on the point for the PP, but he's suspect defensively. He wanted to be "the man" in STL but he didn't have the defensive chops to back that up.

He was iffy in the playoffs last year and with the exception of one season, he's a minus playoff player. Are there some advanced stats that give a better picture in terms of why he's sought after?

calder

I'm nervous about the Flames, guys.

They'll come out like gangbusters for sure to try to win a game.

Or broken and act out like Connor McCunty.

tumblr_o3dxooegbV1qzyucvo3_r1_500.gif

So I am done finals. It will feel nice to be able to watch playoff hockey without the threat of finals looming over me.

What I'm wondering at the moment is WTF do I do with myself now that I'm done university for now? I always have this issue when I finish my finals for a semester.

PillarEN

Jesus. They really are just kids at that point. Argh.

So I am done finals. It will feel nice to be able to watch playoff hockey without the threat of finals looming over me.

What I'm wondering at the moment is WTF do I do with myself now that I'm done university for now? I always have this issue when I finish my finals for a semester.

Videogames with the other floormates/roommates? Smoke pot and throw the frisbee around? Be a douche around campus? Post on GAF?

Calamari41

41 > 38

6D4iUQs.gif

Foggy

Who would want play kids games. Especially ones with weapon durability. You know it's only there to discourage Ninty nerds from using weapons in real life. Back in my day weapons had no durability. This generation is lost, I tell ya.

Line_HTX

Persona 5.

And fan art of stuff, wink wink

GO WATCH YOUR NAME, SHIN!

I'm embarrassed that I dislike open world games enough that I haven't gotten very far as much as I like Zelda. If you can play it and have a child to take care of (or Creeper takes care of) I have no excuse to not play it.

I will be waiting for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Pick up and Play!

I didn't even watch the game (if you can call a 7-0 score 'a game') but going with the impression he was acting out.

My boy Mete is joining the Icecaps since London Knights got Eliminated. Might see him and Juulsen called up. The Icecaps are currently in a playoff series with Tampa's AHL team

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
From the NY Post on where Hank's head is at right now:
Henrik Lundqvist wouldn’t quite say it this clearly, so Derek Stepan was willing to do it for him.

“Right now, he loves this Carey Price-Henrik Lundqvist matchup,” Stepan said about the two competing goalies, two of the best in the world going toe-to-toe as their first-round series approaches a climax, the best-of-seven contest tied at two games apiece with the scene shifting back to Montreal for Game 5 on Thursday night.

“It’s been a great matchup between the two of them,” Stepan said, “and he’s enjoying every minute.”
Though Lundqvist might not be as clear as Stepan in describing the matchup, he surely knows the caliber of the goalie in the other net.

“When you’re competing against the best, you need to work harder,” Lundqvist said. “That’s why you’re here. You want to compete. You want to measure yourself against one of the best goalies in the world.”

During his time in pitts, byslama was disliked for his over usage of players like tanner glass and craig adams. Hfboards didnt like him for not using rookies/younger players as much, and benching them whenever they made a mistake while letting the veterans slide if they did the same thing.

Personally, I didnt like him but I thought he was a bit fair near his end with Olli Määttä, as he was super good his rookie year >.<

I havn't followed the sabres this season, so idk if hes still doing that

Yawnier

Banned
For LeafsGAF.

I shit on Polak a fair amount the last 2 years or so but this makes me a bit sad cause he is genuinely a real gud pro and a real gud human bean. I wouldn't be shocked if his NHL career is done and he just goes over to the Czech league or the KHL for a few years.

PillarEN

Is his ankle injury as bad as those disgusting icing injuries suffered by the Wild and Hurricanes players? I don't think either of them ever really made a full comeback to the league.

Top Bottom