• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Montresor

plus it was about 4 seconds late.

No need to bullshit. That wasn't a late hit.

Unfortunately seems like a dangerous dirty hit because it looks like Kadri hit Ovie's knees.

It wasn't late though.

Ah this sucks. I think he just wanted to put up a big hit in response to Gardiner getting hit and it just turned into a disaster / injury.

Parch

It's a beauty to Cherry, but that's default hit opinion for him.

Overall the playoffs are getting a little chippy. The number of hits in the MTL/NYR series is getting a little out of hand. I can see the refs starting to clamp down now to try and avoid the injuries.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The hit was hip to hip, except Ovi tried to avoid the hit and his leg was the main point of contact as a result.

It was barely a penalty at all, and not nearly as bad as Orpik.

Do you know where the hip is located on the human body?

PillarEN

I really don't think Kadri was targeting Ovi's knees or trying to hurt him on purpose. He tried to go hip on hip, Ovi sidestepped it and got it square on the knee.

It's still a penalty though.

Looking at the gif a few posts above I got the same impression. Will have to see it real time, but probably won't change my thoughts.

a916

The hit was hip to hip, except Ovi tried to avoid the hit and his leg was the main point of contact as a result.

It was barely a penalty at all, and not nearly as bad as Orpik.

I don't think you know just how high up the body the hip is...

sirronoh

Will wait for even more videos but that certainly doesn't look like the hip to me -- it looks like the knee and lower thigh area.

I honesty don't see that much of a different between the Kadri hit and this "clean" hit: https://youtu.be/6BHyuuGKtro

Orpik goes about as low as Kadri did and hit Duchene right in the waist.

I think this is what Kadri was trying to do, and probably what would have happened if Ovi doesn't sidestep it.

Montresor

What was he thinking going that low for the hit?

Kadri is thinking: "I have to get a big hit to help out my team and show them Ovechkin isn't the only player that can lay out a big hit".

Just ended horribly. I think he wanted to make up for the hit on Gardiner. Not to get revenge, but just wanted to play physical in return.

Montresor

YES. OVECHKIN NOT INJURED!!!

Thank the lord!!!

Now let's get to winning this game. Without the stink of Ovechkin getting injured.

Go Leafs!!!

Montresor

Leafs have to move heaven and earth to win this game. Throw everything at the caps.

Because I think Kadri will get suspended. I don't want to go back to toronto down 3-2 without Kadri.

SCORE GOD DAMMIT

Top Bottom