• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

a916

Kadri submarined him and got 2 minutes for that? What a joke.. he literally just took out the biggest star of the Caps.

Socreges

Banned
Uh oh

Kadri pls. What are you doing?

Holy shit Kadri

NO!!!! Why Kadri? .... I wanted so bad for that to not look like a dirty hit.... :(

Piece of shit Kadri

That looked pretty fucking intentional. Fuck you Kadri.

That was 100% a dirty ass hit. Fuck off Kadri.

That was a dirty ass hit.
Hmm. Not convinced. Can I have another Leafs fan weigh in?

It was on an NHL Superstar™, so of course it's dirty. If it was the other way around or Ovi chopped off Kardi's finger, nah.
Thank you.

Brashnir

Kadri submarined him and got 2 minutes for that? What a joke.. he literally just took out the biggest star of the Caps.

Should have been 5 and a game misconduct, but not surprised the refs only gave him two. That's how it always seems to go in this league.

Quick

Banned
I don't think Naz is a dirty player, nor do I think there's intent to blow out Ovi's knees on that play. Legit think he attempted a hip check and went a bit too low.

Montresor

Kadri got him on the hip but Ovechkin was trying to avoid the hit so that made it worse for his leg.

If Kadri got Ovechkin's hip then this shouldn't be considered a dirty hit. That's a big if. I'm not sure.

Just want to find any reason to defend Kadri really, heh...

It looked like a dirty hit and like he basically took Ovechkin's knee out.

But if a replay upon closer inspection shows that Kadri want to lay out a big hit and hit the hip because Ovechkin's ran out of the way, that mitigates this whole mess.

a916

C9-Y3N8XsAMRt4U.jpg:large

They gave him a tripping call... are these refs just plain stupid?

I mean they should know what the rules are right? It's a text book major penalty.

ElNino

Should have been 5 and a game misconduct, but not surprised the refs only gave him two. That's how it always seems to go in this league.
No way, he barely went low as is. Ovi tried to jump out of the way and his leg was caught behind him. Don't see how Kadri could have avoided that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
C9-Y3N8XsAMRt4U.jpg:large

They gave him a tripping call... are these refs just plain stupid?

I mean they should know what the rules are right? It's a text book major penalty.

I can assure you it wouldn't even have been a penalty at all in the Rangers-Habs series.

a916

No way, he barely went low as is. Ovi tried to jump out of the way and his leg was caught behind him. Don't see how Kadri could have avoided that.

His skates are on the ice when contact was made... at no point did Ovechkin jump. Let's make this very clear.

I really don't think Kadri was targeting Ovi's knees or trying to hurt him on purpose. He tried to go hip on hip, Ovi sidestepped it and got it square on the knee.

It's still a penalty though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't think Naz is a dirty player, nor do I think there's intent to blow out Ovi's knees on that play. Legit think he attempted a hip check and went a bit too low.

Kadri's definitely a dirty player man. Calling Kadri clean is like calling Burrows clean.

Here's a video of the hit: https://streamable.com/cbfxp

Dude hip-checked his knee, that's definitely a dirty fucking hit. At least clipping.

ITS A BEAUTY don my ass

ElNino

His skates are on the ice when contact was made... at no point did Ovechkin jump. Let's make this very clear.
The hit was hip to hip, except Ovi tried to avoid the hit and his leg was the main point of contact as a result.

It was barely a penalty at all, and not nearly as bad as Orpik.

Top Bottom