• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Did he pull a Mike Riberio?

GGo8jr.gif

ElNino

Maybe Niskanen slashed the fuck out of Kadri? It was practically offscreen guys.
To be fair, it was both a dive and a two handed slash to the back of the knee.

CBC however focused on Ovi who wasn't who slashed him so it looked worse than it was, but I agree it was also a dive.

Merguson

Banned
Actually holy shit it wasn't a dive.. Niskanen slashes him on the back of the leg after Ovechkin

@JeffVeillette: Nazem Kadri not a fan of Ovechkin continuing to get chippy so he goes for the extremely obvious dive. Oddly, neither get penatlies here. https://t.co/akLcMoaCXQ

Socreges

Banned
And? That's the entire point of the hip check. Not the knee part, the going low to hit with your hip.
The fuck are you even talking about now? So you concede that he would have hit the knees anyhow, which makes your original point meaningless. And now you're talking about hip checks as if you've never heard of clipping penalties before.

Good moment to wrap this up, I suppose. Let's shift to Kadri's dive now

torontoml

WHAT'S CLEAR AS DAY, in your opinion? The slash or the dive?

Personally, I knew from the beginning something happened offscreen. I even said it on the last page. Looked like Niskanen slashed him offscreen. I don't think Kadri dove.
Mostly Everyone is saying it was an aggressive slash and is a deserved penalty

Foggy

He smacked his thigh with the flat end of the stick and Kadri went down like he got shot. It's not like Niskanen chopped him with the edge. It's a penalty and some hilarious embellishment. Everyone is right, everyone is wrong, we can relax.

Top Bottom