• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Solo

Gonna need some of that St. Louis turtle power. Some hardcore shelling incoming over the next 20 minutes.

I bet you the Habs get less than 10 shots in the third. And more importantly, 0 goals.

Habs locker room right now is probably shades of "well there is always next year!"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Let's stop blaming Price. The real problem is their anemic offense thanks to Bergevin.

4 goals in their 4 losses.
He definitely needs to add scoring, but every game has been a 1 goal game with Price playing average, it's not like they're getting blown out

Until tonight

bigJP

It was towards the end of the PP with the Ranger coming out of the box

Lunqvist has outplayed Price by a large margin this entire series, one of the biggest issues.
Price isn't the issue, the issue is for the past who knows how many years the canadiens think the only way to generate offensive is by crashing the net with midgets
Montreal is where offfense goes to die

Red_Man

Price isn't the issue, the issue is for the past who knows how many years the canadiens think the only way to generate offensive is by crashing the net with midgets
Montreal is where offfense goes to die
Price cannot let in that first goal in an elimination game.

Absolutely cannot happen, they know how well Lunqvist is playing, Price letting that in is a massive downer.

Holiday

Banned
Gonna need some of that St. Louis turtle power. Some hardcore shelling incoming over the next 20 minutes.
Ask and you receive!
teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-17-gif-wtf-saint-pauly.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I bet you the Habs get less than 10 shots in the third. And more importantly, 0 goals.

Habs locker room right now is probably shades of "well there is always next year!"
Hope so. I'd like more of how we closed out Game 4 than our usual 1-goal turtling nonsense.

By the way, the assists on Zucc's second goal were Kevin Hayes and JT Miller's first points of the series.

Solo

Can you imagine the inspiring, rousing, unifying, stirring speech Pacioretty must be delivering right now?

Neither can I.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He definitely needs to add scoring, but every game has been a 1 goal game with Price playing average, it's not like they're getting blown out

Until tonight

.940 is average?

If his save percentage was actually lower than that going into this game than I apologize

Red_Man

.940 is average?

If his save percentage was actually lower than that going into this game than I apologize
The goals he lets in are low quality, first one tonight being an example, and his counterpart is posting something like a .970 sv % he needs to elevate his game knowing his team has issues scoring. He hasn't looked the same as he has over the past 2 months.

Socreges

Banned
.940 is average?

It was something close to .940.

Price has been fine. He hasn't been putting the team on his back like he usually does and -surprise- they're down in the series.

For Bergevin to go out and add Ott, Davidson, TOP 4 BENN...it puzzled people at the time and now you see the consequences.

lol I know I just thought it was funny rather than a couple shots after the whistle.

He's been doing that shit to Zucc all series. Stroking his hair and stuff. I think it's kind of been working too. Zucc almost has the same amount of PIM in this series as he got all regular season. Not good when your point leader is spending all that time in the box.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The goals he lets in are low quality, first one tonight being an example, and his counterpart is posting something like a .970 sv % he needs to elevate his game knowing his team has issues scoring. He hasn't looked the same as he has over the past 2 months.

That first goal was so lucky.

bigJP

No the team needs to learn to manufacture offense.

Red_Man

No the team needs to learn to manufacture offense.
They need the players to manufacture offence, which they're obviously lacking now. Danault is a 3rd line center. It will be Bergevins job to address it in the offseason.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the media doesn't come out with the Price was weak narrative or else Bergevin will keep his job and continue doing the same shit.

bigJP

They need the players to manufacture offence, which they're obviously lacking now. Danault is a 3rd line center. It will be Bergevins job to address it in the offseason.
Problem was that they have been training the player who was supposed to be our offensive catalyst as a 3rd line winger!!!
Therrien and Bergevin have had a negative impact on this team
But hopefully we win this game

Whales

Banned
I swear, I couldn't watch hockey for the whole week because of finals

and finally, just when my finals are ending and I finally have free time, the habs are on the verge of getting eliminated

Fuck me

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Without Price we are a mediocre team at best

Look back at the last five years, did the teams that get to their conference's finals have better goalies than Price? If not it means Habs could do with a lesser goalie, need to put their cash elsewhere.

Red_Man

AGally playing wing on the third line with 10 minutes left in your season is the biggest confirmation that he won't be a Hab next September that I've seen

bigJP

Look back at the last five years, did the teams that get to their conference's finals have better goalies than Price? If not it means Habs could do with a lesser goalie, need to put their cash elsewhere.
Price's salary isn't the issue. It's all the other terrible contracts we have out

Top Bottom