• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

That feeling when you wake up and you realize that Michel Therrien was right when he called Pacioretty the worst captain in franchise history.

At least he was right about that

I think Pacioretty and Gionta share the title of Worst Captains in the Habs history

Peltz

That feeling when you wake up and you realize that Michel Therrien was right when he called Pacioretty the worst captain in franchise history.
Aoazq.gif

2/3 Vezina finalist out.

no Talbot on the short list is such an oversight. You'd figure the GMs would be less eastern conference bias than the media.

He can`t make saves to save his goddamn life. We need his value to trade for some offense.

what the fuck??????? F0rneus pls

also congrats Oilera. CANADA'S TEAM!!!!!!!
i liked both teams in that series but thought the Sharks were taking it

yyzjohn

Banned
Hey now. We're not eliminated yet.

Let the dream live for a little while longer.

I'm not pinning any hours on Leafs. They're an ultra young team that wasn't even supposed to be here this season and playing a veteran laden team with something to prove. Maybe they win tonight, but I can see the Caps closing this out.

to get back on topic, I think it's pretty safe to assume Habs are making it to the final 4 right?

I don't think anyone's nervous about the Rangers
Snes/Boston/Leafs are basically a free pass, plus they'll cannibalize each other in the first round

This is the year, as predicted after we traded Subban

I'm going to capital D-light in quoting this after a first round exit.

Nostra-fuckin-damus

Sorry Bask, had to

Parch

Oilers advance but it wasn't pretty. A bunch of grind it out wins. Ducks series will have to be more of the same.

It bugs me when Pavelski gets credit for shutting down McDavid when all he really did was constantly trip, hook, and tackle. McDavid spent more time laying on the ice than doing what he does best. Puck possession just meant Pavelski would ramp up the violence to include slashing and crosschecking.

Of course nothing gets called. It's playoff time where the refs put the whistle in the pocket and fans whine if a penalty doesn't involve blood. They consider it a "cheap" penalty where the ref is determining the outcome of the game. Blah blah blah.

So it's all clutch and grab and let the grinders decide who wins the Stanley Cup. For the past few years it's nothing new. That's what playoffs are now.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not pinning any hours on Leafs. They're an ultra young team that wasn't even supposed to be here this season and playing a veteran laden team with something to prove. Maybe they win tonight, but I can see the Caps closing this out.

Well, I don't see them going beyond this series honestly. I was just happy to be IN the playoffs. The fact that we didn't get swept and actually led the series is just an added bonus.

shut up nerds

also Wilde is desperately defending Bergevin on twitter, it's so sad to see

you want him?
enjoy that 80M+ contract, he's all yours

Brian Wilde desperately wanted Subban out of Montreal but now he's defending his buddy ol pal Bergevin. What a world.

Montreal should have missed the playoffs this year. okay Bask let's get outta the playoffs Thread

Parch

Habs out is disappointing but can't be considered a surprise. Pretty dysfunctional family all season so playoffs is no different.
Now comes months of debate on how to fix it and what changes need to be made. Your guess is as good as mine.

Montresor

Well, I don't see them going beyond this series honestly. I was just happy to be IN the playoffs. The fact that we didn't get swept and actually led the series is just an added bonus.

Guys, please believe.

Leafs are at home and they will force a game 7.

Every single game has been decided by one goal. 4 of the games have been decided by overtime.

The Leafs have shown they can go toe-to-toe with Washington every game this series. They can compete with them.

Socreges

Banned
Nostra-fuckin-damus

Sorry Bask, had to
Yesss

Oilers advance but it wasn't pretty. A bunch of grind it out wins. Ducks series will have to be more of the same.

It bugs me when Pavelski gets credit for shutting down McDavid when all he really did was constantly trip, hook, and tackle. McDavid spent more time laying on the ice than doing what he does best. Puck possession just meant Pavelski would ramp up the violence to include slashing and crosschecking.

Of course nothing gets called. It's playoff time where the refs put the whistle in the pocket and fans whine if a penalty doesn't involve blood. They consider it a "cheap" penalty where the ref is determining the outcome of the game. Blah blah blah.

So it's all clutch and grab and let the grinders decide who wins the Stanley Cup. For the past few years it's nothing new. That's what playoffs are now.
Hyperbole. Pavs walked the line perfectly. McDavid even responded in kind. It bugs you that Pavelski shut him down, but maybe it's time to move on and not be so bitter.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Playoff Colin Wilson™ is finally skating again and apparently looks like he's ready for showtime. More offensive threats are always welcome, especially since shutting down the "JOFA" line is probably going to be priority one for every opponent from here on in.

Didn't see enough of the Blues-Wild series to get a great feel of what to expect from them, but I highly doubt that they're going to be outworked and outcoached in the same way that the Hawks were.

And I would rather see the Oilers come out of the Pacific. The Ducks were a 50/50 series last year (being generous) and I'm not sure that much has changed in that regard. On the other hand, Rinne is inexplicably good vs Edmonton.

PillarEN

I could have sworn that the TSN matchup video said Oilers took 3 of 5 regular season games against the Ducks. Not that it means anything at this point.

Top Bottom