• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
yo why are my posts showing up out of sequence

i just responded to the above post as a test... and it showed up 6 posts before the post im responding to wtf

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Predrinking before the leafs game?

You're high

4545_zps8ybo03lo.jpg~original

Calamari41

41 > 38
I think the offsides rule needs to be rethought first honestly.

I'll never stop railing against the offside review. "Offside" exists to eliminate cherry picking. Stopping the game/reversing goals to get out the electron microscope violates the spirit of the rule in order to be a nazi about it.

It's like an umpire overruling a grand slam because the manager successfully challenged a called "ball" from three batters earlier.

Sanjuro

I'll never stop railing against the offside review. "Offside" exists to eliminate cherry picking. Stopping the game/reversing goals to get out the electron microscope violates the spirit of the rule in order to be a nazi about it.

It's like an umpire overruling a grand slam because the manager successfully challenged a called "ball" from three batters earlier.

If the Sens ended up scoring before a stoppage, would the Bruins be able to challenge and admit to their offsides to neutralize the goal?

Calamari41

41 > 38
If the Sens ended up scoring before a stoppage, would the Bruins be able to challenge and admit to their offsides to neutralize the goal?

I'm sure they can't, but there's no logical reason they shouldn't be able to.

It should be like a ref's flag in football. The coach should have to do some equivalent to make it known that he's challenging the offside, putting his timeout on the line, without stopping play. The "flag" equivalent has to be triggered within a few seconds of the violation. You can't just wait to see if a goal is scored.

PillarEN

I'm sure they can't, but there's no logical reason they shouldn't be able to.

It should be like a flag in football. The coach should have to do some equivalent to make it known that he's challenging the offside, putting his timeout on the line, without stopping play. The "flag" equivalent has to be triggered within a few seconds of the violation. You can't just wait to see if a goal is scored.

Nah. That's like complaining to the ref "we had 9 skaters out there and you didn't call a penalty on us and then the other team scored on us." You were scored on even though you were given an unfair advantage. No challenge accepted.

EDIT: My post just got bumped to a new page? Clearly I'm very important.

EDIT2: I quoted this before you added the second part. I can agree with that.

Top Bottom