• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

calder

From DownGoesBrown

Now I can't unsee it as well.

Kinda reminds me of first year of the Jets 2.0 and a couple of cheap coworkers bought counterfeit sweaters. They were ok but then one of them went to a game and realized just how off the colours looked when surrounded by slightly different ones lol.

Futureman

So has Fleury won his starting job back? Murray wasn't exactly playing lights out going into the playoffs.

It's funny that were in this pickle again this year. Murray played better overall during the season but if we end up sweeping the Jackets and Fleury continues to play so well I think they'll stick with him.

Good rebound win by the Oilers. Shitty special teams on our part. Bring on Game 3! I can't wait to hear our crowd at the tank and I hope I don't waste money on this ticket. I bet they push Jumbo Joe out for Game 3.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
And Canada is 2/2 tonight. We got a series.

Slightly bitter this isn't how the Oilers played when I watched game 1 live.
Maybe they were having stage freight trying to impress you. You should stay home and watch in the comfort of your home from now on :p

Maybe they were having stage freight trying to impress you. You should stay home and watch in the comfort of your home from now on :p

You joke but I've been to two games this year, the former was their worst game of the regular season where they got trounced by Buffalo and the latter was two nights ago where they turned to shit after the first period.

Sheroking

Yes.

There seems to have been a couple bad calls against the Oilers, that wasnt one of them though. But they still hate the refs.

Refs had a couple rough games in Edmonton about a month ago, and now the crowd chants "refs you suck" every time they're slightly annoyed at them.

I noticed Montreal briefly had the chant going today, too, although the reffing in that game was nutty. Murder is apparently legal out east.

Weevilone

Refs had a couple rough games in Edmonton about a month ago, and now the crowd chants "refs you suck" every time they're slightly annoyed at them.

I noticed Montreal briefly had the chant going today, too, although the reffing in that game was nutty. Murder is apparently legal out east.

To be fair it's tough at games sometimes. The play happens quickly. Usually you are watching the puck and the penalty can happen away (or not). You see somebody go down and you get excited. Naturally they won't show the replay on the video board so the refs suck.

Let's face it though, the refs do suck.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Those numbers have to be an "off-night" scenario. That's just messed up otherwise.

Seriously though, Bruce Boudreau must've pissed off some wizard to lose in the 1st round as often as he does.

I mean, the lopsidedness is a one night thing, yeah, largely due to score effects and the overall situation, but in general, that's about right. McDonagh is a stud but his pairing generally has terrible Corsi numbers because he's almost always anchored by the dead weight that is his partner, whether it's Girardi or Holden or Klein or Staal. If you look at his advanced stats when divorced from his partner, he was one of the absolute best defensemen in the NHL this season. Really should be in the top 7 or 8 or so for the Norris, but probably won't be. Staal-Holden always has terrible numbers. They're bad whether you look at them with stats or the eye test, and they have been for about 3 months now.

Brady Skjei's pairing usually has good numbers, whether it's Clendening or Smith or whoever. This isn't just because he gets fewer minutes, though. For example, Skjei was third among Rangers defensemen in ice time tonight after McDonagh and Girardi, and he still put up good numbers. Brendan Smith was also a dominant force for most of the night tonight, making AV's deliberate decision to skip over their shift in the final minutes all the more baffling.

The fact that the third pairing is generally the best statistically, the second is the worst, and the first is just stupidly imbalanced is a routine "every night" sort of thing for the Rangers. And AV's tactic of completely ignoring this obvious fact on a nightly basis is also a routine "every night" sort of thing.

Cake Boss

Banned
When they win I will tell people Cake Boss told the team to win. That's how much power you have

1160955.gif

how easy will it be to spot you in the crowd? just wave at us

I'll be one of the many brown guys with a Zibenejad jersey.

imBask

Banned
there's also some dude who always wear BRIGHT ORANGE behind one of the net at the Bell Centre. It's kinda sad to be THAT desperate for attention

Top Bottom