• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If the whistle is blown the play is dead. Even if the whistle shouldn't have been blown for whatever reason.

The whistle didn't even blow, though. It was an "intent to blow" call, which is bullshit in itself.

Why didn't the Hawks get a power play at least?

Because apparently Saad was also to blame for retaliating... that's the official verdict, at least.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
36 Game 7s have gone to OT

18 wins for the home team
18 wins for the road team

so this stat is virtually pointless

calder

Terrible call by walkom, obviously he thought Saad did something but he didn't do shit except get body slammed. I bet Walkom sees the replay and knows he fucked that call two ways.

Marvelous hockey in the third? The play was, on average, kind of shitty and jumpy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
One of the worst calls I've ever seen, I feel bad for anyone who lives in Marvies complex that is currently on it's way to becoming a pile of ashes.

Soup Bar

Can't believe that fucking call. One guy is on his back and you still call a penalty on him. Fuck this shit.

One of the worst calls I've ever seen, I feel bad for anyone who lives in Marvies complex that is currently on it's way to becoming a pile of ashes.

Or mine.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I will feel terrible for Blackhawks fans if the Wings win this, but I kind of want that to happen because the ensuing shitstorm will just be insane

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I need to see the replay of that again. At first blush I thought it was roughing both ways, in which case blowing it dead on a Hawks touch of the puck (in this case the shot on goal) would be the correct call. But I'd need to see it again to see if that actually is the case.

RangersFan

Still baffled that Saad was called as well. My main gripe was that it was away from the play and the whistle never blew. Goal should have counted and the match penalties should have been called after the play. Intent to blow shouldn't count there away from the play.

I don't think the whistle even blew.

Intent to blow the whistle also applies to this. Reason he called both was probably for the swing on Quincey's head.

How could you even sleep when your team is going into OT in game 7. My mind and heart would be racing.

Oh it is, but I really need to get some sleep for work in the morning since I get up at 5 and drive an hour and fifteen to work.

Draconian

So Saad gets checked into the Wings bench, gets pulled out, thrown down to the ice and that's "coinciding penalties?"

This. Looked like Quincey threw him to the ground and was standing over him. Someone earlier said it looked like a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial and it's hilariously accurate.

CCF23

Can we FINALLY stop with this "managing" the game bullshit and call the penalties as they should be called now?

Please? Please?

Fuck I hate that shit. If you want to call a penalty, fine, but Saad didn't do SHIT. The only reason he went too is because it's 1-1 late in the third of a game 7.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Away from the action.
A hit by Quincey on Saad.
Intent to blow the whistle, no whistle blown.

EACH of those 3 facts individually would've been a terrible part of a penalty to disallow that goal. But all 3 combined? That's just terrifyingly bad.

calder

@EKane9JETS: Wow! That's is a terrible call! Terrible! What if Chicago doesn't win now? What do you think?

Lol just about the first tweet Evander has made that wasn't asking for a EA cover vote request or advertising something.

Velcro Fly

Yeah I don't really know about that call. Only thing Saad did was throw a punch after he was taken down. That was hideous. Ref Wings indeed

Top Bottom