• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Strange strategy by the Penguins.

By dumping and falling back into a defensive shell, they essentially let Ottawa pull the goalie, get to 5 on 5, and skate the length of the ice on the attack.

All the while, the Penguins had their top PP unit on the ice. The strategy was obviously to focus on defense, otherwise more folks would be on the forecheck when Kunitz dumped it.

First of all, why fall back so much? Attacking even a little bit would keep the ice at 5 on 4. I can see being conservative, but don't send one guy in on the forecheck when you have the man advantage.

Second, why have your top PP players on the ice if you are going heavy on defense? Get your defensive players out there. Malkin doesn't belong out there in that situation unless you are going to attack.

cube444

Strange strategy by the Penguins.

By dumping and falling back into a defensive shell, they essentially let Ottawa pull the goalie, get to 5 on 5, and skate the length of the ice on the attack.

All the while, the Penguins had their top PP unit on the ice. The strategy was obviously to focus on defense, otherwise more folks would be on the forecheck when Kunitz dumped it.

First of all, why fall back so much? Attacking even a little bit would keep the ice at 5 on 4. I can see being conservative, but don't send one guy in on the forecheck when you have the man advantage.

Second, why have your top PP players on the ice if you are going heavy on defense? Get your defensive players out there. Malkin doesn't belong out there in that situation unless you are going to attack.

Because Bylsma is overrated. Even smash88 could coach the Pens.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Horrible coaching by Bylsma. You called a time out and I guess the gameplan was dump it in and play D with Malkin and Sutter both on the ice? Huh? Malkin defensive left winger?

Sanjuro

Doesn't sound like there will be one to begin with. :p

jbuzvfN2K50dMf_e.jpg

Top Bottom